Page 6965 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 596564656865691569556961696269636964696569666967696869696975 ... LastLast
Results 104,461 to 104,475 of 104733
    Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Trump administration revokes Obama-era fuel economy standards

I mean I get the Obama did it gotta roll it back mentality. But for a regular Trump voter why in the world would you want less gas mileage? No one is saying you have to buy a Tesla or anything. Ignore all the pollution aspects which gets tricky with climate change deniers etc.

Focus strictly on being a benefit to anyone's pocketbook by having more efficient cars out there. How is this a bad thing? I mean they will go to rallies and cheer this BS but why? How is this good for any of them personally?
    Those are the same people who go out and buy products from companies they disagree with so they can make videos of themselves smashing the product.

They aren't very bright.
    Baby Thanos

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post
    This is ok to hire but not thoughtful conservatives?
    Bret Stephens is one of my favorite columnists at NYT. He's also a thoughtful conservative. Many of his pieces I disagree with a lot, and others I agree with a lot, or to some degree, but I get something out of all them.

Mighty Member

Double posted.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Trump administration revokes Obama-era fuel economy standards

I mean I get the Obama did it gotta roll it back mentality. But for a regular Trump voter why in the world would you want less gas mileage? No one is saying you have to buy a Tesla or anything. Ignore all the pollution aspects which gets tricky with climate change deniers etc.

Focus strictly on being a benefit to anyone's pocketbook by having more efficient cars out there. How is this a bad thing? I mean they will go to rallies and cheer this BS but why? How is this good for any of them personally?
    It's their typical short-sighted thinking. They don't want to pay $300-600 for a catalytic converter right now, even if it will save them $1000 in gas over the course of a year.

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

The NYT have released a statement about the hire:

What it boils down to:

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Trump Pushes for Interview With Mueller Against Lawyers’ Advice

President Trump pushed his lawyers in recent days to try once again to reach an agreement with the special counsel’s office about him sitting for an interview, flouting their advice that he should not answer investigators’ questions, three people briefed on the matter said on Wednesday.

Mr. Trump has told advisers he is eager to meet with investigators to clear himself of wrongdoing, the people said. In effect, he believes he can convince the investigators for the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, of his belief that their own inquiry is a “witch hunt.”

Mr. Mueller, whose team has negotiated the parameters of an interview with Mr. Trump’s lawyers for eight months, sent his latest proposal in a letter on Tuesday night, the three people said. Investigators stood firm on the scope of and topics for their questions for Mr. Trump: possible coordination between his associates and Russia’s election interference and whether he tried to obstruct the investigation.
    They did shift slightly on format, agreeing to accept some written answers, including matters in which they want to preserve the ability to have Mr. Trump answer follow-ups in person. In doing so, they firmed up a previously expressed willingness to allow certain answers in writing.

The president’s lawyers are unwilling to concede to follow-ups in person, citing concerns that Mr. Trump will increase his legal exposure, the people said. They have been prepared to tell Mr. Mueller’s office there will be no interview, risking a court fight over a subpoena that could drag into November’s midterm elections, but Mr. Trump pushed them to continue negotiating. The lawyers are likely to counter Mr. Mueller’s proposal in the coming days, according to the three people.

“We’re in the process of responding to their proposal,” the president’s lead lawyer for the investigation, Rudolph W. Giuliani, told reporters after an event in Portsmouth, N.H., on Wednesday. The special counsel’s office declined to comment.
    I'm no legal eagle, far from it, my knowledge of the courts came from watching Perry Mason and L.A. Law, but this smells to me of Trump letting his ego get the best of him, thinking he can outfox and outmaneuver Mueller in a one on one setting like he has allegedly done in the boardroom. But his lawyers know that trying to pull the wool over the eyes of a hardass like Mueller would be a monumental mistake, and the likelihood of Trump, being the loose lipped moron he is saying something incriminating, perhaps highly incriminating is a risk his mouthpieces would rather he not take.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 08-02-2018 at 10:05 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

https://www.nytco.com/sarah-jeong-jo...itorial-board/

"The attack on @sarahjeong is part of a deeply troubling trend of far right agitators trying to get journalists fired." -Lydia Polgreen, editor-in-chief of HuffPost

So, this is another right wing conspiracy? right?
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Trump Pushes for Interview With Mueller Against Lawyers’ Advice

I'm no legal eagle, far from it, my knowledge of the courts came from watching Perry Mason and L.A. Law, but this smells to me of Trump letting his ego get the best of him, thinking he can outfox and outmaneuver Mueller in a one on one setting like he has allegedly done in the boardroom. But his lawyers know that trying to pull the wool over the eyes of a hardass like Mueller would be a monumental mistake, and the likelihood of Trump, being the loose lipped moron he is saying something incriminating, perhaps highly incriminating is a risk his mouthpieces would rather he not take.
    Would not doubt that he would brag about things that he should not. Wonder if his Bff will try to pull off on him what he tried to in England if he talks too much.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Double post.

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    "The attack on @sarahjeong is part of a deeply troubling trend of far right agitators trying to get journalists fired." -Lydia Polgreen, editor-in-chief of HuffPost

So, this is another right wing conspiracy? right?
    I'm sure the alt-right trolls want her fired but not myself or other conservatives.

https://www.nytco.com/sarah-jeong-jo...itorial-board/

As a Caucasian, I know the temptation here is to be offended and I won't lie, I am a little.
    I'd suggest taking a step back from that and looking at things from a different perspective: As a member of the race in America who's had it's boot on the neck of every other race in this country since it's inception, do I really have the latitude to criticize her for her hostility?
    I can't honestly say. If I were an Asian-American woman in todays society I might very well feel the same way.
    I just hope she gets over her hatred eventually, since it seems like a detriment.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Would not doubt that he would brag about things that he should not.
    Or worse, Mueller subtlety goads Trump into losing his temper and blurting out stuff that would get the Angry Orangutan into all sorts of trouble. I'm sure Trump's lawyers are well aware of the dangers posed by their loose cannon of an employer and how a sitdown with Mueller would make for a catastrophe.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Maturity is for sucks.

Jimmy @Acosta sorry your precious feelings are hurt & that people see through your lying bullshit for what it is. FAKE NEWS. #CNNSUCKS

Manafort's bookkeeper took the stand today.

Testified that she had no knowledge of his offshore accounts.

She did not know about his firms in Cyprus.

She did not know about Leviathan Advisors.

She reiterated that she had no idea he had money outside the US.

He was a penny-pinching, detailed oriented, obsessed with every single transaction down to the last penny kind-of-guy.

She confirmed he has assets that seemed to be "gifted" to him larger than what he could afford.

She detailed 16 loans that she told him he had no money for, but somehow he got them and never told her how.

Almost 2/3rds of his current wealth and assets come from these type of "loans."

She accounted for 33% of his income. The remainder was determined to be overseas.

The owner of the Hampton testified that he trimmed his roses in the shape of an M.

He also said that the invoices submitted as evidence were fake and said he agreed to create them. Manafort paid him more money that way.

The landscaper corroborated this testimony.

Manafort exclusively paid in wire transfers.

Again, all the invoices were fake.

His internet and tech company that setup his home were also paid exclusively in wire transfers.

This was one of the loans his account said he couldn't afford.

Same with the landscaping.

Team Mueller announced they will be calling Gates to the stand.

Judge admonished Team Mueller again for focus on brand names and the like. Told them that they are not to "gild the lily" and taint the juror based on what clothes Manafort chose to wear.

Jury asked for the clothes as evidence. Defense disagreed. Judge is now allowing it in as evidence. Eliis (the hard-ass judge) recanted his take on the clothes the last 3 days and said he sees it as establishment of cause.

Judge affirmed the lawfulness of the Mueller Probe.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-02-2018 at 10:52 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Manafort's bookkeeper took the stand today.

Testified that she had no knowledge of his offshore accounts.

She did not know about his firms in Cyprus.

She did not know about Leviathan Advisors.

She reiterated that she had no idea he had money outside the US.

He was a penny-pinching, detailed oriented, obsessed with every single transaction down to the last penny kind-of-guy.

She confirmed he has assets that seemed to be "gifted" to him larger than what he could afford.

She detailed 16 loans that she told him he had no money for, but somehow he got them and never told her how.

Almost 2/3rds of his current wealth and assets come from these type of "loans."

She accounted for 33% of his income. The remainder was determined to be overseas.

The owner of the Hampton testified that he trimmed his roses in the shape of an M.

He also said that the invoices submitted as evidence were fake and said he agreed to create them. Manafort paid him more money that way.

The landscaper corroborated this testimony.

Manafort exclusively paid in wire transfers.

Again, all the invoices were fake.

His internet and tech company that setup his home were also paid exclusively in wire transfers.

This was one of the loans his account said he couldn't afford.

Same with the landscaping.

Team Mueller announced they will be calling Gates to the stand.

Judge admonished Team Mueller again for focus on brand names and the like. Told them that they are not to "gild the lily" and taint the juror based on what clothes Manafort chose to wear.

Jury asked for the clothes as evidence. Defense disagreed. Judge is now allowing it in as evidence. Eliis (the hard-ass judge) recanted his take on the clothes the last 3 days and said he sees it as establishment of cause.

Judge affirmed the lawfulness of the Mueller Probe.
    It's difficult for me to follow this during the day, so I really appreciate these bullet point updates you've been doing. Thanks!
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum