Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    "...for not giving the 3-year-old a gun so he could defend himself." - The NRA, probably
    Who says the toddler /didn't/ have a gun, hmmm??? We were just talking about how dangerous they were. This could be a case of stand your ground!

...but only if one of them isn't white.

Holy f***, was there a big update on the Benghazi Select Committee being a farce:

Democratic Rep. Elijah Cummings accused Republican Rep. Trey Gowdy, the head of the committee, of deliberately altering documents via fabricating redactions to make it appear as though Hillary Clinton had outed a U.S. spy.

Gowdy CONFESSED.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Holy f***, was there a big update on the Benghazi Select Committee being a farce:

Democratic Rep. Elijah Cummings accused Republican Rep. Trey Gowdy, the head of the committee, of deliberately altering documents via fabricating redactions to make it appear as though Hillary Clinton had outed a U.S. spy.

Gowdy CONFESSED.
    If the GOP has braincell one they'll throw this guy under a bus, blame him for everything, and never mention the whole situation again.
    It's not everyday a chance to get out from under an unpopular policy scot-free lands in your lap.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X
    "The hosts of Fox & Friends asserted over the weekend that Marvel’s Captain America had declared war on conservatives because a recent comic book story line had the superhero battling white supremacists."

Except, of course, that the Sons of the Serpent are a long-time Avengers/Captain America villain, first appearing in Marvel Comics in 1966.

I find it telling how quickly they assume that a group of fictional white supremacists in a comic book is meant to be an attack on conservatives. Why, it's almost as if the good people at Fox equate the two, for some reason. Now, why on earth would they equate themselves with raci...

..never mind.

A story line which was, at the time, objected to with even greater vehemence by the same kind of racist, white supremacist shitlords that they're bending over backwards to defend.

The very idea! Why, they're no more dangerous than, say, the ordinary citizens of Germany in the late 1930s. Just to give a purely random example.
    So, they want Cap to stop fighting white supremacists and go back to fighting white supremacists. Tricky.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Gowdy CONFESSED.
    Is it just me, or does this sound like a criminal and impeachable offense?
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

Gowdy CONFESSED.
    Gowdy would disagree on the claim of why the redaction occurred. We'll know whether it's a big update if anyone other than Democratic lawmakers, or left-wing blogs starts saying that it was inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Stop me if you've heard this before....

Father Charged After Son, 6, Fatally Shoots 3-Year-Old Brother

The D.A. should throw the goddamn book at this moron and prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law, to hell with any sympathy for him after losing his son. If that idiot safely secured his gun so his kids couldn't get at it, there wouldn't have been such a tragedy in the first place. Knuckleheads like him need to be made an example of and sent to prison to drive home the importance of keeping guns out of the hands of kids, and the penalty so-called "responsible" gun owners face if they don't.
    I'm not questioning the wisdom of the prosecution, but I don't think anyone needs to make an example of the idiot in order to drive home the importance of keeping guns out of the hands of kids. Most gun owners, "responsible" or not, would consider the death of a child a more significant penalty than several years in jail.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Gowdy CONFESSED.
    Well, well, well! Isn't THAT all kinds of interesting! The excrement has hit the fan for the GOP big time, boys and girls. We are talking first class malfeasance!

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    If the GOP has braincell one they'll throw this guy under a bus, blame him for everything, and never mention the whole situation again.
    It's not everyday a chance to get out from under an unpopular policy scot-free lands in your lap.
    I agree. But, we're talking about the GOP which hasn't met a lost cause they won't undertake to the bitter end. Just like with their endless attempts at repealing Obamacare, the Republicans won't give up on their Benghazi witch hunt if it means derailing Hillary's campaign. They're just too damn dumb to know when to quit.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Gowdy would disagree on the claim of why the redaction occurred. We'll know whether it's a big update if anyone other than Democratic lawmakers, or left-wing blogs starts saying that it was inappropriate.
    The CIA confirmed it. Newsweek is covering the story.

There's no way in hell that Elijah Cummings isn't on the phone with NBC news or other cable news networks for an interview today to make hay out of this. He's too smart not to.

And as far as gun culture in the U.S. goes... we all know that folks here love glorifyin' the good ol' days of the Wild, Wild, West. Hell, people have historical re-enactments of the legendary "Shootout at the OK Corral" in Tombstone, AZ, all the time. Well, one of the actors in that re-enactment forgot to swap out the live ammunition from his six-shooter to blanks yesterday, and shot another actor in the upper groin.

'Murica!!!

And as far as gun culture in the U.S. goes... we all know that folks here love glorifyin' the good ol' days of the Wild, Wild, West.
    Which often had quite strict gun control laws, for obvious reasons.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'm not questioning the wisdom of the prosecution, but I don't think anyone needs to make an example of the idiot in order to drive home the importance of keeping guns out of the hands of kids. Most gun owners, "responsible" or not, would consider the death of a child a more significant penalty than several years in jail.
    Clearly, the message isn't getting through as that made the third or fourth such incident this month alone. Well, I say the courts should make an example of this moron, because nothing else seems to work as a deterrent to keep lunkheads from leaving loaded weapons out for kids to find and fool around with, inevitably leading to tragedy.

And as far as gun culture in the U.S. goes... we all know that folks here love glorifyin' the good ol' days of the Wild, Wild, West. Hell, people have historical re-enactments of the legendary "Shootout at the OK Corral" in Tombstone, AZ, all the time. Well, one of the actors in that re-enactment forgot to swap out the live ammunition from his six-shooter to blanks yesterday, and shot another actor in the upper groin.
    I heard about that this morning and shook my head. Comical, but pathetic at the same time.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Anyone watching the Canadian elections? Not a Canadian myself, but I think I like Tom Mulcair the most out of the PM candidates. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders; I'm hoping he wins! Any thoughts?
    Formerly the guy with the Black Panther picture

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Because most sane people realize that firearms and alcohol are a terrible mix. It's the right to bear arms, kids. Not the right to be a dumbass.

It's not intended as a plug for the specific group, but they do have a point.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 10-19-2015 at 04:09 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Well, looks like it's off! Newfoundland just went to the Liberal Party.

Edit: Now all Newfoundland and Labrador, save the two St. John's districts, are Liberal. Trudeau's hit the ground running, it seems!
    Last edited by weezer17; 10-19-2015 at 05:02 PM.
    Formerly the guy with the Black Panther picture

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    In the old times ? Maybe but you know if you think 100% correctly the thing what happened was that the white people needed a way to defend themselves while stripping the American natives from their land. The only other thing would be if the U.S would be in danger of being invaded by the Canadians or Mexicans these days which obviously is not the case.

I'm not an American and I don't life there but when I see alone what hardware the U.S police has it is an army of its own if I think if people would start their weapons in an unrest and clash with the police .. a nightmare. America would look like the Near East.

I think I should add that I watch youtube channels like these : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChf...hTtiyeBifBWg_g https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4y...APdbgj0OMv7jpA
    and I always here that they feel much saver there with the weapon laws than in the good old U.S.A.