Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    When Trump says "fails," does he mean fails to get the votes to get passed, or passes, but turns out to be a huge failure for the American people?
    The former. He actually believes the rhetoric.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    When "The People" actually decide a presidential election, we will have something to discuss.

Otherwise, folks will only bring up The Electoral College when they don't like the result. Doing so does nothing to change that The Electoral College's vote is how the presidency is decided.

Casting a majority run up in less states won as some sort of a "Win Among The People" is wonky, at best. Particularly when that "Win Among The People" is still under fifty percent of the popular vote.
    And yet you insist on repeatedly declaring that "The People" chose Trump for President. that "The People" didn't want Hillary. That Trump is what "The People" voted for.
    Can't have it both ways. Defend Trump all you want, but don't tell us it's what the American people wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    And yet you insist on repeatedly declaring that "The People" chose Trump for President. that "The People" didn't want Hillary. That Trump is what "The People" voted for.
    Can't have it both ways. Defend Trump all you want, but don't tell us it's what the American people wanted.
    It fair to say "the american people voted for xxxx"? because you have to take in consideration the people who voted third party, McMullin stole around 21% in Utah votes that could have gone to Trump or Hillary the same could be said about either Stein or Johnson, their votes could had changed the results of the election, also we have to take in mind only 55% of the population voted which is barely acceptable in my opinion at least it wasnt lower than 50%.

I am still critical of the way your country run elections, for the election it should had been only Trump and Hillary in the ballots

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    We still live in a country where the vote of The Electoral College is how someone wins the presidency. Nothing about that is some "Vagaries Of Process" scenario. It is how it has been decided for quite a while.
    And if someone like Trump can get elected via it, the system doesn't work.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    It fair to say "the american people voted for xxxx"? because you have to take in consideration the people who voted third party, McMullin stole around 21% in Utah votes that could have gone to Trump or Hillary the same could be said about either Stein or Johnson, their votes could had changed the results of the election, also we have to take in mind only 55% of the population voted which is barely acceptable in my opinion at least it wasnt lower than 50%.

I am still critical of the way your country run elections, for the election it should had been only Hillary in the ballots
    Fixed that for you.

BANNED

I am still critical of the way your country run elections, for the election it should had been only Trump and Hillary in the ballots
    if someone meets the requirements, they get on the ballot

that being said, those requirements need to be looked at

Watching MSNBC All In, listening to the talk about the new GOP Health care plan, its' insane.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

What we should have is the Condorcet method of voting instead, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Watching MSNBC All In, listening to the talk about the new GOP Health care plan, its' insane.
    It's really absolutely insane how the GOP accused Democrats of rushing their plans to implement the ACA, when it took over a year to finally vote on that bill, while they literally rushed a bill in secret, and plan on voting on it within days of unveiling it, before the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) can even grade it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    What we should have is the Condorcet method of voting instead, IMO.
    The Senate has become obsolete in my opinion. The fact that Alabama gets as much of a say as California is hardly fair, and more often then not is undeserved. Whatever way gives the South less representation in government is a good system.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

And the truth comes out... also f this guy.

House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) on Tuesday called estimates that millions of people could lose health care coverage under an Obamacare replacement a “bogus” metric, and said lowering costs for everyone was more important.

Ryan also said he could “guarantee” that a finalized proposal would have enough votes to pass the House of Representatives.

“By some estimates, 10 million people could lose coverage. Is that acceptable?” one reporter asked Ryan at a press conference Tuesday afternoon. Though the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office has not released its analysis of the House GOP’s Obamacare replacement plan, Standard & Poors released such an analysis Tuesday.

S&P found that 2 to 4 million people enrolled in Obamacare’s individual marketplaces could lose coverage under the American Health Care Act, in addition to 4 to 6 million people currently covered by Medicaid.

“What matters is that we're the lowering costs of health care and giving people access to affordable health care plans,” Ryan responded. “The government will always win the war on government-run plans, saying, if we mandate everybody buys what we say they have to buy, then the government will always estimate that they’ll buy it.”

“I just think that’s bogus, that entire premise of that comparison doesn't work,” he continued. “The fact is, we're not going to have the government tell you what you must do, tell you what you must buy.”

Ryan also said he was certain that the proposal, which was introduced in separate parts in the House Ways and Means Committee and the House Energy and Commerce Committee Monday night, would pass the House of Representatives.

“We will have 218 votes,” he said. “This is the beginning of the legislative process. We’ve got a few weeks. We'll have 218 when this thing comes to the floor, I can guarantee you that.”

BANNED

so where do people here come down on the individual mandate?

Ive never supported it, Ive actually paid the penalty on my taxes the past 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    so where do people here come down on the individual mandate?

Ive never supported it, Ive actually paid the penalty on my taxes the past 2 years
    Something necessary to pay for the whole thing.

(Trust me, I'd rather have single payer as well. And yes, I know Americans would all be paying for single payer in taxes.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Something necessary to pay for the whole thing.

(Trust me, I'd rather have single payer as well. And yes, I know Americans would all be paying for single payer in taxes.)
    either way its spending money I can't afford on something Im not using