BANNED

Once Congress is no longer held by terrorists the ACA needs to come back pronto. It will instantly invalidate Paul Ryan's entire career, and send him into self destructive spiral.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Watching MSNBC All In, listening to the talk about the new GOP Health care plan, its' insane.
    And yet what is currently dominating the news cycle? Trumps tweets.
    It's not a coincidence.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners Thread So much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
    "Being politically incorrect shouldn't be a matter of pride. It's the last gasp of the wrong side of history." - Unknown
    "By all means, compare these s**t-heads to Nazis." - Mike Godwin referring to the protesters in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Trump warns House GOP members of electoral 'bloodbath' if repeal and replace fails

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/07/politi...are/index.html

Trump is going all in on repealing Obamacare and replacing it with this disaster.
    The former. He actually believes the rhetoric.
    I don't think he does. I think he's just an ***hole who wants to take away Obama's greatest achievement and replace it with a thing he can slap the TRUMP brand on instead. And like with most Trump-brand products, it's a s***ty knock-off.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I don't think he does. I think he's just an ***hole who wants to take away Obama's greatest achievement and replace it with a thing he can slap the TRUMP brand on instead. And like with most Trump-brand products, it's a s***ty knock-off.
    Oh, he definitely wants to get rid of the ACA as a middle finger to Obama. But I suspect he believes his own hype (due to his narcissism).

Missouri State Senator Rob Schaaf just blocked a bill that would have allowed Missouri to create a watch list for opioid abuse. (They're the only state currently without one during an outbreak of prescription opioid addiction around the country.)

Schaaf's defense? If people die of an overdose, it "removes them of the gene pool".

Oh, he definitely wants to get rid of the ACA as a middle finger to Obama. But I suspect he believes his own hype (due to his narcissism).
    Another angle to this...

I think the guy would be nothing less that thrilled if Republicans that he does not feel backed him during the election lost based on the fact that they didn't back his plan now that he is in office.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    And yet you insist on repeatedly declaring that "The People" chose Trump for President. that "The People" didn't want Hillary. That Trump is what "The People" voted for.
    Can't have it both ways. Defend Trump all you want, but don't tell us it's what the American people wanted.
    No one is saying that...

Neither of these Bozos broke fifty percent of the under fifty-eight percent of voting age Americans. Either one of them trying to paint that picture is kidding themselves.

I said HRC was weak in a general. That certainly seems to have been the case.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 03-07-2017 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    so where do people here come down on the individual mandate?

Ive never supported it, Ive actually paid the penalty on my taxes the past 2 years
    Something necessary to pay for the whole thing.

(Trust me, I'd rather have single payer as well. And yes, I know Americans would all be paying for single payer in taxes.)
    either way its spending money I can't afford on something Im not using
    I'd prefer single payer to set aside the conceptual element of "Penalty". It should just be built into taxes.

As for it being something folks aren't using, one car crash or bad accident is all it would take to make it something that could create a bankruptcy.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I'd prefer single payer to set aside the conceptual element of "Penalty". It should just be built into taxes.
    Except the penalty is what gets people off their cans to get insured. Otherwise, they'd put it off. It's the same deal that gives Australia a 98% voter turnout during elections and the unironic right to assert that their governments are the people's mandate.
    The woman in the shadows with the elegant sigh.
    What could a common man do to catch her eye?
    Her easy manner shames me, oh I hate myself so much!
    I tremble and I'm breathless and I'm begging for her touch.
    She sees my anguished urges but continues smirking by,
    If I dare to follow her, it's likely that I'll die.
    But even as she's feeding, as my body's torn apart,
    Will she think upon me kindly?
    When she slowly eats my heart?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    55%? wow i was far away from guessing, i wonder why did i think about 62%
    Why, it's almost as if #30 and much of the media playing a game of "both sides are just as bad" didn't inspire a lot of people to not go to work and stand in line for two hours to vote.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    It's going to be a bloodbath regardless. I honestly believe that the GOP has finally overstepped their bounds.
    If I had a nickle for every time I was sure they had, I'd be rich enough to be a GOP voter and not hurt my financial self-interest.

BANNED

if someone meets the requirements, they get on the ballot

that being said, those requirements need to be looked at
    Instant run-off election based only on candidates that made it on the ballot in ALL the states.
    Think of all the time we'd save by not have to argue with Nader or Stein supporters anymore.

"Hey, it's fine to vote for Stein. Just remember to stop Trump with your second vote just in case Stein does not get a majority! KTHXBY, I'm off to my pottery class."

BANNED

Agreed. Trump doesn't believe in anything except his own genetic superiority to magically be a great leader and get things right. Narcissism paired with fascist advisors is a dangerous combination.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Republicans’ Obamacare Replacement Just Got A Powerful Enemy

AARP announces its opposition to the bill. Good!

Mitch McConnell Can’t Explain How He’ll Pass Or Pay For The GOP Health Care Bill

The Senate leader insisted there would be plenty of time to look at all that. Seriously? What a clusterfuck!

Not Even Mike Pence Can Defend Trump’s Wiretapping Claim

“I think the president’s tweet speaks for itself,” the vice president said. in other words, Red Grant's got nothing. Figures.

Trump Wants To Dismantle The Clean Water Rule. Here’s What’s At Stake.

The drinking water of 117 million people, many threatened species and industries from farming to manufacturing could be at risk. Cheeto Jesus continues wanting to kill us. Literally.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Two years ago today we ran our profile of Jean Schmidt, who on the floor of the House in 2005, called House Rep. John Murtha, a 38 year career veteran of the Marine Corps a coward for calling for troops to be removed from Iraq, getting Democrats riled up enough to drown her out with boos. While she claimed she was just quoting a Marine who she spoke to at Arlington National Cemetery about Murtha, the Marine she named denied ever making such a statement. Among her other charming moments include denying that the Armenian genocide occurred, agreeing with constituents who were Birthers, and going to an elementary school where she went ahead and took it upon herself to teach a room full of six year olds about the word abortion. Schmidt also voted against the Lilly Ledbetter Act, voted against the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell", voted against the Zadroga Act, falsely claimed "32 of 33 women who go to Planned Parenthood get an abortion", and when she misheard the Supreme Court's ruling on the Affordable Care Act and thought it was overturned, gleefully squealed in delight on the steps of the court. She truly earned her sobriquet. Since Schmidt's career fell apart in 2012 after voters in her district finally realized she was utterly heartless.

It was one year ago that “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” had its first profile of Janet Porter, a longtime anti-gay, anti-choice activist from Ohio who is an old pal of Michelle Bachmann who has written articles for the madhouse that is WorldNetDaily, (including the time where she discussed the Birther controversy surrounding President Obama). In the 2016 elections, Janet Porter has decided to take a crack at running for the Ohio State Senate, to challenge incumbent GOP State Senator Larry Obhof because he refused to sponsor a fetal heartbeat abortion ban bill (because it's highly unconstitutional and the courts would overturn it anyway). Her qualifications for the job are few, she was a former conservative media personality who would present insane conspiracy theories (like the one where she warned of President Obama using FEMA to “stifle dissent” or that there will be a criminal ban placed on Christianity, focusing in particular on finding ways to do so to protect gay rights, which she relates to being a “Pedophile Protection Act”. That last bit of paranoia also led her to work to create the documentary “Light Wins”, featuring several sitting Republican members of Congress. While Porter had a lot more sway back in say, 2007, her media profile diminished in 2010 after she became an obsessive Dominionist who would pray for God to take control of America’s media. That got her show cancelled on mainstream radio, so instead, she organizes wacky rallies and stunts like calling upon fetuses to testify in the Ohio House to try to get legislation as levelheaded as a fetal heartbeat bills passed, or work towards defunding Planned Parenthood, when she’s not also advocating for gay conversion therapy to be more widely utilized. Within the past FEW years, has compared the current “plight” of Christians in the United States to that of the Jews in Nazi Germany, likened gay marriage to slavery, compared fighting ISIS to trying to have abortion outlawed, claimed the End Times were upon us and the Great Flood was caused by God being angry about gay marriage a couple thousand years ago, and suggested that anti-gay Kentucky clerk Kim Davis should be considered as TIME Magazine’s “Person of the Year”.

Porter, as we hoped she might, lost in the 2016 GOP Primary against Larry Obhof handily, only getting 35% of the vote. She remains completely insane, however, and in August in 2016, told her fellow Christians that "God would hold them accountable" if they did not vote for Donald Trump for president. Apparently, according to Janet Porter, divine instruction on the 2016 election was provided in the Old Testament:

God actually told us not to sit [out the election] when He gave us His voter guide in Deuteronomy. He said, ‘Choose life that you and your descendants may live.’ You might feel good about yourself sitting out this election, but I can assure you unborn babies won’t. The main choice set before us is life or death for millions.”
    One the unthinkable actually happened, Porter predictably declared the candidate who lost the popular vote by 3 million votes but won the electoral college was due to "the mercy of God", and "a door of opportunity" to fulfill her dream of ending abortion. She then set back to work pissing off Ohio Republicans with her unconstitutional fetal heartbeat bill, saying she hoped it would pass so it would "outlaw abortion before the mother even knows she's pregnant". Because that doesn't sound like a fanatical or inherently manipulative of a motivation, at all.

Let's just hope Janet Porter continues to fail to win any office she runs for, and alienates Ohio Republicans for pushing for laws that are obviously going to get slapped down by the judiciary and waste taxpayer dollars. Sooner or later, she could (and should) be completely be shunned by her party.