BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Back in 2016 Martin Skreli was called to testify before Congress.
    Basically, he behaved like an arrogant, entitled *******.
    oh I saw that, if there is anyone who deserves to be tied to a wooden X and dick punched forever

its him

Banner day already.

Trump voting commission bought Texas election data flagging Hispanic voters.
    That is illegal on both the state and Federal levels but they're conservatives, so it's only bad if it's something they don't like.

Jeff Sessions Is Questioned for Hours in Russia Inquiry.
    And all the tweets about Trump losing his **** when Sessions wouldn't talk to him seem to make sense now.

Shutdown for What? A DACA Deal May Not Pass the House Because Republicans Say ‘That Would Anger Our Base’
    Several members of the House GOP have already said that a DACA deal ain't gonna happen. Scalise being one of them and he's bringing his coalition.

Yay ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    [SIZE=1]

In the 2016 election, with Josh Moore’s reputation for thinking every nipple exposed was an open invite to go grabbing women’s breasts a known story, he finished far worse than he did in 2014… but still came in eighth and qualified for the general election. By 13 votes. THIRTEEN VOTES was the difference in getting this sexist wanker out of public service. He then survived in the general election by finishing eighth yet again, and used his latest term in office to vote for New Hampshire’s SB 66, a Fetal Personhood Bill. We’re hoping the 2018 Blue Wave election is at the least, strong enough to sweep a conservative d-bag and hanger-on like Josh Moore out of office. At the very least.
    I have a question, and please forgive my ignorance (I'm not American, and know a bit about your system, but not enough apparently).

Please note the lines in bold (which I added). Can someone please explain how someone can get eighth place in twice (I assume first to get on the ballot, and a second time in the actual election) and still win his seat? Without knowing more, all I see is "He got eighth place; he wins!"
    Last edited by Taral-DLOS; 01-23-2018 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    No, but they also shouldn't lock themselves into one place or one industry because its there

speaking from a purely anecdotal standpoint, Im 38, I dont have anyone in my friends group that has been at their job longer than 6-7 years

the previous generation, yes...I have an aunt who has worked at Sikorksy in the same position for almost 30 years now, and she complained about having to change her work signature because they were bought by Lockheed Martin

I almost yelled at her, like seriously, youve had the same job/security for 20+ years....do you know how many people in my generation would kill for that right now?
    Wait, what? Isn't that contradictory?

You know who's had that job security? Grocery Store employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    I have a question, and please forgive my ignorance (I'm not American, and know a bit about your system, but not enough apparently).

Please note the lines in bold (which I added). Can someone please explain how someone can get eighth place in twice (I assume first to get on the ballot, and a second time in the actual election) and still win his seat? Without knowing more, all I see is "He got eighth place; he wins!"
    Apparently, there were 8 seats up for grabs in this election. The top eight vote-getters were the ones who won the election. State elections are often unique to each state. Each state sets it's own rules for the most part.

Hypothetically, I could create a brand new state, "New Tami" and set up my own rules. [Though it's more complicated than this]

For example, I could have a governor who has 3 - 3-year terms
    A state legislature where each member has 4 - 4-year terms
    And where there are no districts, each member of the legislature represents a County instead.
    Also, all voting is done by mail-in ballots where the voters have to verify it with a thumbprint or something similar.
    Last edited by Tami; 01-23-2018 at 12:36 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Wait, what? Isn't that contradictory?

You know who's had that job security? Grocery Store employees.
    not really..I feel that a person shouldn't limit themselves

but I also understand that being able to work THAT long at one job is a rarity in many industries

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Both sides from reports told Trump to stay away. Honestly , if that is a win for a Republican President then the party has deluded itself even worse. They literally told the leader of the free world ...to not come around during budget talks. HIS OWN FUCKING PARTY did this.

Its why reports are Trump was fuming in the White House one whole day.
    The Gorilla Channel needs to schedule Shark Week for the next shutdown.

We're slowly but surely moving towards total automation, and nothing is going to stop that. I wish there were plans in place for when that happens, or to alleviate the problems along the way, but the only suggestion I see is to find 2 **** jobs to replace the less **** job you just lost. I have no idea what the solution to that will be, other than it ending badly of course..

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Shutting down the government over this was an exceedingly stupid fight for the Democrats to pick. They should have shut it down over health care cuts and tax cuts for the wealthy. They've handed Trump a victory.
    That's... not how shutdowns work. You can't just pick a time for them to happen.

I think you may be confusing them with filibusters?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    That's... not how shutdowns work. You can't just pick a time for them to happen.

I think you may be confusing them with filibusters?
    I don't expect many Trump supporters know how the government works, they just want the 'other guy' to suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I don't expect many Trump supporters know how the government works, they just want the 'other guy' to suffer.
    I think Trey is more of a nihilistic Democrats hater than than a Trump supporter. Think #30 with better teeth.

But he still desperately needs to Bing "debt ceiling" before he makes an even bigger fool of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I think Trey is more of a nihilistic Democrats hater than than a Trump supporter. Think #30 with better teeth.

But he still desperately needs to Bing "debt ceiling" before he makes an even bigger fool of himself.
    Looking it up you do seem right, but just as with #30 it's a Potayto-Potahto situation IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Apparently, there were 8 seats up for grabs in this election. The top eight vote-getters were the ones who won the election. State elections are often unique to each state. Each state sets it's own rules for the most part.

Hypothetically, I could create a brand new state, "New Tami" and set up my own rules. [Though it's more complicated than this]

For example, I could have a governor who has 3 - 3-year terms
    A state legislature where each member has 4 - 4-year terms
    And where there are no districts, each member of the legislature represents a County instead.
    Also, all voting is done by mail-in ballots where the voters have to verify it with a thumbprint or something similar.
    Fascinating. Thank you for the clarification.

Doesn't a mail-in ballot verified with a thumbprint go against the idea of a secret ballot?

Doesn't a mail-in ballot verified with a thumbprint go against the idea of a secret ballot?
    Usually it's a sealed enveloped within a sealed envelope. The outer envelope is opened in front of several witnesses, then they certify that it looks like a proper vote, then the inner envelops all get tossed into a box or bin and get counted later. You can't trace back who voted for whom that way.

Doesn't a mail-in ballot verify with a thumbprint go against the idea of a secret ballot?
    Mail-in ballots are used, much as they are used for residents who are unable to make it to the polls because they are in the military or are out of state for some, reason. There are many ways to votes, and in the U.S. I suspect we've tried them all.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.