BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but that is much more specific information than I've seen. Witnesses said the gun was old-fashioned, which could either mean antique or home-made. There are reports of possible links to an extremist group in the newspapers but nothing concrete. What's your source?
    https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/...ional-alliance

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Sen. John McCain, in a dead heat in polls with Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick for the U.S. Senate seat he's held for three decades, just f***ed up royally by echoing Donald Trump's comments following the Orlando shooting:

Watch him back pedal by this time tomorrow, though.
    Tomorrow?`

All it took was 90 minutes and his forgotten dose of Metamucil.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Yet his brother says he was just an ill man and the media are running with that.

Wondering if the brother has similar political leanings and is trying to save Brexit by denying his brother being political at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Somehow in over 20 years of gun ownership my guns have never been lost or managed to kill anyone. I can tell you exactly where all three are right now (A Glock 17, a Glock 27, and a Colt AR-15). And as I said somehow none of these three evil guns have ever managed to go kill someone.

Oh look! Anecdotal evidence in a discussion. From an adult. In 2016.

How... quaint.

BANNED

Meh. Nevermind.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 06-16-2016 at 11:53 PM.

Spectacular Member Puppetmaker Grae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Could it be because its not gun bans that are the answer but rather tougher penalties toward those who commit gun crimes and much more stringent laws about the mentally ill.
    Not much scope for prevention if all you want to do is lock people up for longer AFTER they've committed their crimes. It seems (from current reports) that Mair was armed with a home - made or antique weapon, what could he have achieved if he'd had ready access to an AR-15?

Yeah, anyone holding up this incident as an example of how 'gun control' doesn't work is pretty crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Thanks for the link

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Yeah, anyone holding up this incident as an example of how 'gun control' doesn't work is pretty crazy.
    There are rare people who say "birth control doesn't work" in spite of their being methods that are 99% effective.

Those same individuals were probably caused by accidents within that 1% of error.

But anyway, such is the case with gun control opponents who argue that because it isn't 100% effective, it's useless, in spite of all the evidence from countries that do have gun control having less of a problem with gun violence, and countries like Australia that adapt it seeing a marked drop-off in gun violence.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Tomorrow?`

All it took was 90 minutes and his forgotten dose of Metamucil.
    LOL. I gave McCain too much credit. Sooner or later, I'll have to stop doing that. Like at the polls in November, seems a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    There are rare people who say "birth control doesn't work" in spite of their being methods that are 99% effective.

Those same individuals were probably caused by accidents within that 1% of error.

But anyway, such is the case with gun control opponents who argue that because it isn't 100% effective, it's useless, in spite of all the evidence from countries that do have gun control having less of a problem with gun violence, and countries like Australia that adapt it seeing a marked drop-off in gun violence.
    But Murica is different!!!!!! It's always so different that we can't possibly do anything except accept the current state of affairs or maybe repress black people/muslims/Hispanics some more.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 06-17-2016 at 12:25 AM.

But Murica is different!!!!!! It's always so different that we can't possibly do anything except accept the current state of affairs or maybe repress black people/muslims/Hispanics some more.
    The same conservatives that argue against gun legislation because if it's not 100% effective, there's no point also seem to have this nasty habit of putting every known restriction possible on abortion. I mean, if they wanted to be consistent...

While I see where you are coming from, let's not pretend that Australia isn't a pretty particular example when it comes to this.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While I see where you are coming from, let's not pretend that Australia isn't a pretty particular example when it comes to this.
    Just the best one.

See also: Canada. The U.K. Germany. Finland. Japan. Y'know, any other developed country.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    We want to stop the cancer when it has already spread. We need to stop it when it is a small symptom.
    Not a bad metaphor.

Because wishful thinking for a time machine won't let you go back in time to operate on the cancer back when it was just this small lump in the patient's constitution 200 years ago.

But it's still cancer, so it's still going to kill the entire patient unles the country takes its chemo, which will make the entire patient ill, including the still healthy parts, and some amputations may also be required.