Page 6805 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 58056305670567556795680168026803680468056806680768086809681568556905 ... LastLast
Results 102,061 to 102,075 of 104733

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Only when followed by a consonant to you get that hard G. You are conflating two different things because of the acronym consisting of a word that combines G with a consonant. For example, if you were at a bar and ordered a gin and tonic, how would you say it? Hard G or Soft G? Or how about rubbing a lantern and summoning up a genie. Again G + vowels = soft G. Simple.
    Get, Gone, Game, Gun, Git....

It's not such a hard and fast rule.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Got, Get, Gone, Gonad....
    Adding some "gi" words...

Give, Gilbert, Giddy, Gift, etc.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I'm definitely in the "hard G" GIF crowd.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I stand corrected. Carry on. It's still a GIF (" JIF")

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This is about Hillary. And she excited plenty of women. You can see that just by looking at the number of women who are currently running for office. You don't think there's a correlation there?

I sure as hell know my mother was excited about Hillary. And she has been in a horrible funk since 2016. The problem isn't that Hillary didn't excite the base. The problem is she didn't excite enough white males in the base.
    She had a terrible turnout amping white women. You know the group that most closely would identify with her. That’s not excitement. Look at African American male turnout during Pbama’s election from a raw number standpoint and how one sided the voting was.

She underperformed with white women, she underperformed with Hispanics even with Trimp’s rheotiric, she had a lower African American turnout than Obama, and she had a sever problem with white Obama voters who were less reliable for Democrats and independents overall. That’s an excitement issue.

Extraordinary Member

Hot take. JFK is nowhere near as great as he's remembered for being. (Although his handling of the Cuban Missile Crisis is still a high mark.) It's only the potential he represented that tends to rank him so highly.

Lyndon B. Johnson was the one who put in the work. Both good ("Great Society" and the now gutted VRA) and bad (escalation of Vietnam).
    I agree. He’s remembered more for being a President in an era that was generally good for Americans and we were forward thinking and making strides to a better future. JFK himself didn’t accomplish a whole lot and is generally overrated. He averted a disaster by playing it cool, but it was more of a right place right time. If JFK lived longer he very likely gets more backlash for the Vietnam War. But he died a hero and didn’t live long enough to see himself become the villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I stand corrected. Carry on. It's still a GIF (" JIF")
    Hard Gs for hard Gs, feel me?
    Pull List:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It's disturbing that the important task of selecting men (and women) to run for the highest office in the land has devolved into something approximating a reality show contest when style trumps (pardon the pun) substance, but yeah, that's the game these days. For the record, I wasn't at all "excited" about Hillary, far from it in fact, but voted for her because the monster on the other side of the aisle had nightmare written all over him.
    As soon as it became televised it was a popularity thing.

This is about Hillary. And she excited plenty of women. You can see that just by looking at the number of women who are currently running for office. You don't think there's a correlation there?

I sure as hell know my mother was excited about Hillary. And she has been in a horrible funk since 2016. The problem isn't that Hillary didn't excite the base. The problem is she didn't excite enough white males in the base.
    Hillary lost white women, so her problem in the election wasn't limited to white guys.

As for your mom, did Hillary get her to do anything she didn't do for Al Gore, John Kerry, or Barack Obama?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Hillary lost white women, so her problem in the election wasn't limited to white guys.

As for your mom, did Hillary get her to do anything she didn't do for Al Gore, John Kerry, or Barack Obama?
    Mittens won white women too, if I recall right.

White women too. (Just not in as great a number as white men. But they proved their loyalty was to their whiteness when they voted for Mr. "Grab them by the pussy.")

The thing is that white people in general have been trending toward Republicans because they're scared of shifting demographics. But white people, by and large, are very uncomfortable talking about these facts. I wonder why... (I don't really wonder why.)

Edit: As Lyndon Johnson said: “I’ll tell you what’s at the bottom of it. If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.”
    And this is where Stephen Miller comes in. His targets are different from the Nazis' targets, but his ultimate goals are eerily similar to theirs.

BANNED

Incidentally, I agree that the suggestion that Miller is a Nazi is pretty shady since he is Jewish.
    How about just calling him a fascist then? (although it would not surprise me if he has a decent collection of Nazi memorabilia).
    Last edited by Carabas; 06-29-2018 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    She had a terrible turnout amping white women. You know the group that most closely would identify with her. That’s not excitement. Look at African American male turnout during Pbama’s election from a raw number standpoint and how one sided the voting was.

She underperformed with white women, she underperformed with Hispanics even with Trimp’s rheotiric, she had a lower African American turnout than Obama, and she had a sever problem with white Obama voters who were less reliable for Democrats and independents overall. That’s an excitement issue.

I literally said Hillary lost white women in my very next post.

White women too. (Just not in as great a number as white men. But they proved their loyalty was to their whiteness when they voted for Mr. "Grab them by the pussy.")

The thing is that white people in general have been trending toward Republicans because they're scared of shifting demographics. But white people, by and large, are very uncomfortable talking about these facts. I wonder why... (I don't really wonder why.)

Edit: As Lyndon Johnson said: “I’ll tell you what’s at the bottom of it. If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.”
    Also, my mother donated money to Hillary and did volunteer phone banking. She didn't do that for other Democratic candidates. (She was really gung ho, folks.)
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 06-29-2018 at 09:18 AM.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Not so sad, the kids they took away from their puritan parents will grow up with spiritual beliefs that will be much healthier for their development than their parents' religion.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PunishedFire View Post
    Considering her willingness to murder people, the left can have her if you're that determined to "Claim" her. She's what would be call a "useful idiot". Mama Antifa raging against a system and helping prop up something even more abusive...exactly as it happened in Russia which she then whined about without ever realizing her folly as she still advocated violence.

She falls somewhere around an anarcho-communist who gets put against the wall with a bullet in her head as soon as power is achieved by the communist leadership that then become fully authoritarian...or a hard-line "libertarian" that is also violent the likes of Timothy McVeigh (at least as he apparently fashioned himself). There's considerable overlap there. Either a "true believer" in "true" Communism that's too stupid to realize that people like her get used...or a person utterly incapable of realizing the nature of human beings as social creatures that form hierarchies which makes her unable to do anything but continue railing against systems she can't change because she's seeking an impossible utopia...and is willing to create hell on Earth to achieve it.

Neither is a healthy belief system.

Neither is helpful to humanity in the long run.

I commend some of her views on freedom and equality....I condemn her embracing of murder and she was clearly a deranged woman.
    She's just a random anarchist off the top of my head, the vast majority of anarchists throughout history have been anti-capitalists. Anarcho-capitalism is a relatively recent trend that has never gained any major popularity anywhere. And murder doesn't mean you like "big government" or the state, the opposite in fact. She had a casual disregard for the laws of the state and was an incredibly intelligent thinker (not "deranged").

What other dictators were left wing? Was Pinochet a leftie? The Tsars? Franco? I'm eager to learn about this new political spectrum

Hot take. JFK is nowhere near as great as he's remembered for being. (Although his handling of the Cuban Missile Crisis is still a high mark.) It's only the potential he represented that tends to rank him so highly.

Lyndon B. Johnson was the one who put in the work. Both good ("Great Society" and the now gutted VRA) and bad (escalation of Vietnam).
    The main difference between JFK and LBJ was the latter was effective in achieving his domestic reforms. JFK, as well as Bobby and Ted, was an awful man and the lionisation of him is shameful.