Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Easy: I vote for the candidate who hasn't denied HIV/AIDS funding. I vote for the candidate who didn't - AT BEST - turn a blind eye to his boss selling America up the river while trying to convince us that he is the most pious man in America. I vote for the ccandidate who isn't terrified to be in a room with a woman who isn't his wife. I vote for the candidate who doesn't believe that I deserve to die/be tortured into 'changing'/be denied healthcare or a job or a house because of my sexuality.

If that means voting for a celebrity who gave a platform to anti-vaxxers and pseudoscientific asshats while also helping legions of under-appreciated middle aged women, people of color, and other minorities all over the world feel like they matter, so be it.

Oprah doesn't want me dead or tortured in the name of Jesus until I wish I was. Oprah doesn't appear to want to deny me healthcare, work, a home, a family, etc. Pence has made very clear that he does. That's kind of a firm, hard line for me. Unreasonably partisan of me, I know....
    Pretty much this. I mean, in the bizarre world where we have a Trump Versus Oprah match up, I wouldn't be thrilled but I also know Oprah is (unlike Trump) a pretty smart woman and an /actually/ self-made billionaire. In all honesty, I'd feel like there's a certain poetic justice to him losing to a black woman that's everything he pretended to be.

I mean, I don't want Oprah to run because come on, celebrity-driven politics is pretty obviously terrible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I'd prefer that Oprah, who's show has legitimized dangerous anti-scientific and pseudoscientific ideologies, to stay the hell away from lawmaking.
    Co-sign, and she has an apathy for non-religious types like myself. A female version of Steve Harvey Vs us Athiests and Agnostics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Co-sign, and she has an apathy for non-religious types like myself. A female version of Steve Harvey Vs us Athiests and Agnostics.
    I agree that I would far rather she stay out of politics. But if I had to choose, I would take apathy over antipathy any day.

Being wrong sometimes, or having done some stupid things, shouldn't be a disqualifying factor anyway. If it was, nobody would be able to run. Besides, I'd expect she'd have to answer for this as part of any hypothetical primary.

Mind you, I don't think she's going to run and I hope she doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Ms. Morgan joined the queue a couple weeks back, I'm aware of her.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Donald Trump Finds His Safest Space: College Football’s National Championship Game

The president made the national anthem his political prop in a venue where athletes had little choice but to “stick to sports.” I'm sure the talking heads on Faux News got all warm inside and gushed like high school girls over the BMOC about his appearance last night. Meanwhile....

Trump Didn’t Sing All The Words To The National Anthem At National Championship Game

The president has focused on the anthem, attacking professional athletes who kneel in protest during the song. And yet, Dolt45 came up short when it mattered most. Hell, Donnie Dumbass probably doesn't know all the words.

Donald Trump Renominates Court Picks Rated ‘Not Qualified’ To Serve

He also re-upped judicial nominees hostile to LGBTQ rights, abortion and African-American voting rights. No surprise there. Those are the issues that rich, straight and misogynistic white men in power care about most.

Sessions’ DOJ Charged A White Supremacist With Terrorism. They Just Didn’t Tell Anyone.

The Justice Department’s handling of the federal terrorism case against Taylor Michael Wilson is indicative of the government’s approach to domestic terrorism. Ahh, but if Mr. Wilson were a Muslim, the Hateful Hobbit's DOJ would be screaming from the rooftops about the case.

Oprah 2020 Is A Bad Liberal Revenge Fantasy

Please, not again. I agree. This stupid **** needs to stop. Period. Full stop. End of story.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Oh! This is fucking hilarious:

Sean Spicer Dismisses Oprah Winfrey Presidential Run Because Of Inexperience

Spicer said without irony that people without a politics background “have had a difficult time adjusting” to higher office. Yo, Sean! What about your former boss? Nothing about him, homeslice?

If Oprah runs, she wins. Full stop. Look at how she's dominated conversation here. And in other corners of the internet. And in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    If Oprah runs, she wins. Full stop. Look at how she's dominated conversation here. And in other corners of the internet. And in the media.
    The election is two years away. By then Oprah will be pushed aside by someone else. There are plenty of more qualified women of color, mayors, senators, and so on who deserve the chance more than she does.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The election is two years away. By then Oprah will be pushed aside by someone else. There are plenty of more qualified women of color, mayors, senators, and so on who deserve the chance more than she does.
    I'd rather not have another celebrity either. But I don't think anyone would be capable of pushing Oprah aside. The media wouldn't allow it.

Definitely agree, you think Trump dominated a 24/7 news cycle? The second we had Oprah announce her candidacy we'd be blitzed with coverage non stop until she either dropped out or election day, and sadly it is readily apparent that to the average voter the bigger name wins more often than not, qualifications be damned. That would be the worst case scenario in my mind, if the Dems actually put someone of merit out there and they got crushed under Oprah coverage.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Don't underestimate how much America actually hates black women.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Agreed. Hope the dem party doesn't get so obsessed with winning that they help kick off a snowball effect of nominations of unqualified celebrities with the biggest cults (complete with "but, but the GOP started it first!" excuses).

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Don't underestimate how much America actually hates black women.
    Exactly. The eight years of near unrelenting hatred and bigotry towards Barack Obama would amateur night in Dixie compared to the shitstorm that would hit Oprah. I don't give a flying **** about how Oprah would dominate the conversation, the media and everything else, I absolutely do NOT want the presidency of the United States of America reduced to being a mindless popularity contest where the loudest mouth with the biggest name, the biggest ego and the biggest bankroll can make it to the Oval Office, political qualifications be damned. We're already seeing what a mess the country's become under Donald Trump, the last thing we need is a repeat performance under another Hollywood spawned Pied Piper. ENOUGH ALREADY!!
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 01-09-2018 at 06:55 AM.