I’m sure all the GOP registered voters who sat out will be unregistered

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    I don't know--I assume the CEO of Twitter controls at least 33% of the country...

Zuckerburg controls 33%.

And the rest is split between the Trump dynasty, the Deep State, the sugar industry and General Mills.

Net neutrality is officially repealed. Hereís what happens next.
    Net neutrality can still be saved, but the window of opportunity just got smaller.

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/11/174486...aled-what-next

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    I understand what your getting at, even if others don't.

But yeah, OUTRAGE Culture is a thing.
    Is always confused.....

My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Net neutrality is officially repealed. Here’s what happens next.
    Net neutrality can still be saved, but the window of opportunity just got smaller.

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/11/174486...aled-what-next
    Up to the states for now, and hopefully, we'll get a change in legislative power going forward to undo the stupid of Ajit Pai.
    Is always confused.....

My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post

It’s not as big of a deal as he’s playing it up, but it is a turn off for a lot of people.

Up to the states for now, and hopefully, we'll get a change in legislative power going forward to undo the stupid of Ajit Pai.
    Actually, according to the story - "You might think that individual states could have the right to legislate their own net neutrality protections, but you’d be wrong. The FCC repeal included language that explicitly excluded individual states from enacting consumer protection laws because it’s easier on ISPs not to have to deal with different regulations from state to state. That means that as of today, the rights of states to govern themselves won’t apply to protecting net neutrality. "

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Web of elite Russians met with NRA execs during 2016 campaign

Several prominent Russians, some in President Vladimir Putinís inner circle or high in the Russian Orthodox Church, now have been identified as having contact with National Rifle Association officials during the 2016 U.S. election campaign, according to photographs and an NRA source.

The contacts have emerged amid a deepening Justice Department investigation into whether Russian banker and lifetime NRA member Alexander Torshin illegally channeled money through the gun rights group to add financial firepower to Donald Trumpís 2016 presidential bid.
    The NRA pumped about twice as much money into the Trump campaign as into Romney's.

The amount of treason it took to stop Hillary Clinton is breath taking. And we keep finding out more and more.
    While I'm all for there being more oversight into where the money that goes into campaigns comes from, the idea that money that went into Trump being outspent by quite a bit is a part of what "Stopped" his opponent?

That's an "Iffy" proposition. Even if you are being charitable.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    It’s not as big of a deal as he’s playing it up, but it is a turn off for a lot of people.
    It's worth noting that so many of these "twitter/internet outrage" stories that he posts about, his posts are the only way I even hear about them.

Aside from a tiny pocket of ultra hip "both sides are bad" internet cool dudes, the only people who care that Twitter trolled Twitter's CEO about eating CFA during pride month are the Fox News audience who these kind of stories are tailor made for.

Also, if human rights and equality are a turn off for someone, they're voting for Trump anyway...so what's the difference.
    Last edited by ZombieHavoc; 06-11-2018 at 01:32 PM.

Extraordinary Member Gray Lensman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Actually, according to the story - "You might think that individual states could have the right to legislate their own net neutrality protections, but you’d be wrong. The FCC repeal included language that explicitly excluded individual states from enacting consumer protection laws because it’s easier on ISPs not to have to deal with different regulations from state to state. That means that as of today, the rights of states to govern themselves won’t apply to protecting net neutrality. "
    Now does the FCC actually have the power to do do something like that? I see at least 3 different lawsuits right now. One for the bad faith of the repeal, one to challenge states trying to legislate net neutrality back, and maybe a 3rd for the softer state regulation of requiring the state governments (and possibly city governments) to only do their own business with companies that operate under net neutrality (this third one takes a different tack than state regulations and may require its own suit).

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Now does the FCC actually have the power to do do something like that? I see at least 3 different lawsuits right now. One for the bad faith of the repeal, one to challenge states trying to legislate net neutrality back, and maybe a 3rd for the softer state regulation of requiring the state governments (and possibly city governments) to only do their own business with companies that operate under net neutrality (this third one takes a different tack than state regulations and may require its own suit).
    And those lawsuits are going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    And those lawsuits are going to happen.
    Yeah, I can't see anyone just accepting what the FCC asserts as settled versus something they are going to court over.

Straight privilege is fun, you guys! We all should get some. Oh wait we can't.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Straight privilege is fun, you guys! We all should get some. Oh wait we can't.
    Hey man! That comment just automatically awarded Trump 63 extra votes in the 2020 election!! You gotta stop, because the next comment means Corey Stewart automatically gets elected in November!