Page 437 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 3373874274334344354364374384394404414474875379371437 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,555 of 104733

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Word. And at this point, I'm left wondering why even Holder getting involved hasn't been enough to get this guy into custody. And where the hell is he anyway? Has that even been explained?
    The official explanation was that he was allowed to leave the state because he was receiving death threats....which was another lie because he was allowed to leave and the police made that claim WELL before his name was revealed.

Journalists did some digging initially and found out that he initially went home and stayed there. Cops were coming and going the first two days and then one day he quickly left and hasn't been seen since. He's also supposedly dating another officer and she allegedly left with him.

Their top priority from the jump has been to protect Darren Wilson.

Word. And at this point, I'm left wondering why even Holder getting involved hasn't been enough to get this guy into custody. And where the hell is he anyway? Has that even been explained?
    Let's be honest. Do you think there's a chance in hell that their will be trial?

Astonishing Member

Nothing to wonder, the cops are more interested in protecting their own than actually delivering justice. The legal process doesn't exist when it's not convenient.

So the new Miss America used to volunteer (possibly still does) at her local Planned Parenthood clinic.

To some people, of course, this means she kills babies with her bare hands and bathes in their cord blood while singing praises to her Lord Satan.

This friggin' country...
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    So the new Miss America used to volunteer (possibly still does) at her local Planned Parenthood clinic.

To some people, of course, this means she kills babies with her bare hands and bathes in their cord blood while singing praises to her Lord Satan.

This friggin' country...
    well, it does keep me young and fresh

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    Picture a clock and you are shooting at 12 o'clock. If you have friendlies anywhere between 10 and 2 and you shoot you are a F***** idiot (especially with a pistol) who should not be allowed even to touch a gum much less carry one, If you ar outside that range you will be shooting people in the side not the back.
    Ever hear of a term called flanking in reference to battles, gunfights, etc.

Its not absurd, its SOP for military and police throughout all history.

Let me give you another example that may be what happened. None of us know exactly how it went down so this is just hypothetical. Two cops pull up toward black kid with sword. They have angles on the kid just based on the fact they are getting out of different cars. Kid lunges at one cop with the sword and that cop starts to retreat behind his car while the other cop who isn't being aggressed draws his gun. The movement of everyone now places this second cop in a position behind the kid while the other cop has now made it behind the car. The second cop shoots the kid six times in the back and there is no crossfire.

This is the problem with guys like you making assumptions based off an autopsy. The only thing an autopsy proves is where someone was shot. It does not prove no matter how much the PAID family attorney cries otherwise that the kid was running away. There are countless scenarios like the one I just gave where he can be actively attacking and be shot in the back. Autopsies also do not tell you how far away the cop was except in cases of point blank shots which will leave muzzle flash burns on the body.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    The official explanation was that he was allowed to leave the state because he was receiving death threats....which was another lie because he was allowed to leave and the police made that claim WELL before his name was revealed.

Journalists did some digging initially and found out that he initially went home and stayed there. Cops were coming and going the first two days and then one day he quickly left and hasn't been seen since. He's also supposedly dating another officer and she allegedly left with him.

Their top priority from the jump has been to protect Darren Wilson.
    How dare they give Darren Wilson his presumption of innocence as guaranteed by the Constitution.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    How dare they give Darren Wilson his presumption of innocence as guaranteed by the Constitution.
    People who are presumed innocent but may be murderers tend to be arrested awaiting trial.

Astonishing Member

Yeah! We should have a jail break for everyone who hasn't stood trial.

"Presumpion of Innocence in a court of law," I believe. He won't be in there until he's arrested and indicted based off of the truckload of innocence against him.

Again, you misrepresent what people are saying about the case. No one is saying to lock Darren Wilson away forever, or to automatically find him guilty. They're asking he be treated like everyone else and be arrested for committing a glaring, terrible crime in front of a slew of witnesses that all the evidence supports he perpetrated.

That's not a lot to ask.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    He should have been arrested immediately, and nobody has given reasonable explanation as to why he hasn't. That whole "wait until the investigation is completed" stuff is flat out BS. People are arrested EVERY DAY before a full investigation is completed.
    Read your constitution. You apparently missed it in school.

Arrests made before full investigation are generally done for public protection. In normal homicides you have a guy who just killed someone and its a credible thing to think that he / she is danger to the public if not arrested. Now tell me how your going to make this argument in Darren Wilson. I'm SURE you'll be able to cite a long list of cases where officers involved in shootings have gone out and murdered someone else before the investigation is complete.

There is also the fact that there are multiple stories. As I keep saying some of the witnesses contradicted one another. Brown was NOT SHOT IN THE BACK despite the fact that some witnesses claim it. That immediately casts doubt on the rest of their stories. And as I've said before, eyewitness testimony has long been proven to be the least reliable testimony for a whole host of psychological reasons. When you've got multiple version of events you wait for forensics to be completed. This also does not take into account any potential injuries to Wilson. If he suffered head injuries from Brown's punch then his perceptions are going to be skewed which will make it harder to hold him accountable for anything that happened after. Some have scoffed saying it was just one punch, he should have shrugged it off. Well why didn't Janay Rice shrug off the one punch that Ray Rice gave her? There is a bigger size difference between Michael Brown and Darren Wilson (over 100 lbs reportedly) than Ray and Janay? If you've never been punched you just don't know, I've had a punch that nearly did to me what Ray Rice's punch did to Janay and I've had others that just made me mad. We don't know until we find out fully about Wilson's story and we don't have that yet.

This is also far different than most homicides. In most of them you've got a bad guy who clearly and unjustifiably killed someone. If an armed robber shoots a store clerk really what defense does the robber have other than "I didn't do it." If the evidence points to him doing it he can safely be arrested. With police its different because they by law are authorized to use deadly force in a very specific set of circumstances so beyond the investigation figuring out what happened the investigation must also determine if those circumstances are met.
    Last edited by JediMindTrick; 09-16-2014 at 03:21 PM.

You're forgetting the "in a criminal trial" part.

Then again, so are Ferguson PD and St. Louis PD.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    People who are presumed innocent but may be murderers tend to be arrested awaiting trial.
    It's hilarious that from the moment news of the shooting spread people have been complaining about Darren Wilson's presumption of innocence and right to a fair trial being ignored.

What people have been demanding from the beginning is that he be arrested. Darren Wilson has not been arrested despite there being more than enough evidence to do so. There are seven witnesses all saying the same damn thing yet this guy is still on paid leave and was allowed to leave town.

No sense in whining about him getting a fair trial when he hasn't even been arrested.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    "Presumpion of Innocence in a court of law," I believe. He won't be in there until he's arrested and indicted based off of the truckload of innocence against him.

Again, you misrepresent what people are saying about the case. No one is saying to lock Darren Wilson away forever, or to automatically find him guilty. They're asking he be treated like everyone else and be arrested for committing a glaring, terrible crime in front of a slew of witnesses that all the evidence supports he perpetrated.

That's not a lot to ask.
    The only thing the evidence that we have so far shows about this shooting is that it was indeed Darren Wilson who shot Michael Brown and that he shot him in the front. The witnesses, some of whom as I say have been shown to be wrong, are a piece of the puzzle but given the inherent problems with witness testimony its nothing to make your case on. Most of your falsely convicted people throughout history have gotten there due to false witness testimony, many in cases where the witnesses thought they were telling the truth.