Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    I just got done with voting. They had a last minute polling place change so that threw me for a loop for a second. But all is well. I wish I could have voted D down ballot but in some instances on a local level there was only one choice. Really sad.
    That happens in my area too sometimes. In which case, I just skip those ballot lines. If no Dem is running, no sense supporting the local Republicans.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Huckabee promises to 'remember' Republicans who didn't get all in on Trump

Ohhh....scary....!

(CNN)Offering a taste of the intra-party tension that could follow Election Day, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee issued a warning to the Republicans who never came around to back Donald Trump.

"I'm going to tell you something. I'm going to remember them," Huckabee said Tuesday morning during an appearance on Fox News. "And I hope every other Republican remembers them. Don't ever ask me for your vote again because you're done."

While polls show GOP voters overwhelmingly support Trump, many Republican elites have been reluctant to back the real estate mogul.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Apparently no one bothered to tell Huckabee that he hasn't been relevant in quite some time and no one gives a **** about his vote, even Republicans.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Jim Steranko, though, has revealed himself to be a full on anti-Clinton conspiracy theory kool-aid drinker. Sad.
    Before the Agents of SHEILD show premiered all they were showing were brief teasers. One teaser had a quick shot of a black man in a yellow hoodie, Steranko thought this was some sort of reference to Trayvon Martin.

Invincible Member

Getting on the El this morning, a local politician and her aides were standing outside the platform asking people about voting. I told her I already voted and I voted for her and she gave me a hug.

Astonishing Member

Just got done voting. Had to stand in the rain for a bit but it was worth it. Now all that's left is is dreading the results.

Got to the polls at 7:10 and had over an hour wait but managed to vote, now for a day of worry and a night of drinking.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

According to the NYTimes Hillary has an 84% chance of winning the election & Dems have a 52% Chance of taking the senate.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The media looked at Gary Johnson, the Libertarian candidate. He was a goofus.
    The media looked at Jill Stein, the Green Party candidate. She is a crank.
    The media looked a LOT at Donald Trump, because he is very loud, and has much experience with exploiting media coverage. He is a deranged maniac.
    The media looked at Hillary Clinton a pretty good amount, and for whatever reason, had hang-ups about her using private e-mail that turned her from "most qualified person to ever seek the presidency" to "tarnished".

We need better media, I think is a good conclusion from all that. Better candidates, too.
    For a guy that's on about politics a lot, you are incredibly wrong about this.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

He's talking about how the press was viewing her, and he's dead on.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    For a guy that's on about politics a lot, you are incredibly wrong about this.
    Gee, and here I just thought I was agreeing with the sitting president. And common sense.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This was actually the first ballot ever that I simply voted Democrat down ballot. I didn't even care if I knew who the guy/gal was

The Trump nomination offended me that much adn the GOP party of zealots offended me that much.

Felt gross afterwards though lol.

I mean, dreams of a 3 party system may be nice but we don't even have two working parties at the moment.

I felt the same way when I voted early and did a straight Democratic ticket. But for me I didn't feel too guilty since I feel we have to break the super majority the GOP has in Indiana. Our Democratic districts in the North were gerrymandered away. Now it doesn't matter if the state rep from my district shows up to vote or not on state issues like Mike Pence and his cronies' "Religious Freedom Act" that was thinly disguised anti LGBT legislation. At least Trump got rid of Mike Pence for us.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Gee, and here I just thought I was agreeing with the sitting president. And common sense.
    George H.W. Bush...

- Served during WWII.
    - Awarded Distinguished Flying Cross.
    - Awarded Presidential Unit Citation.
    - Congress(1967-1973)
    - Ambassador To The United Nations.
    - Chair Of The RNC.
    - Chief Of Liaison Office To The People's Republic Of China.
    - Director Of The CIA.
    - Vice President.

Obviously, President Obama may not be aware of the entirety of the man's qualifications.

Another straight Democrat ticket vote right here.

Well, we've done our civic duty. There was a little confusion finding our address and district, but otherwise, it went off without much of a hitch. Also, another straight Democrat vote right here.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!