Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Really? Lemme know when trump opens concentration camps and ovens... Because I don't see that happening
    Oh please.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

I'm so tired of "they should have never run Hillary". That didn't kill their campaign, it was the willingness of all those people to buy into the massive pile of lies shoveled at her by the Republicans over the years, despite there never being any evidence, despite being cleared on everything. And to constantly repeat them over and over and pay no attention to the debunking. All so willing to believe the worst, because she's an "uppity woman". The whole things sickens me. numberthirty and his ilk were only right because they helped MAKE it happen. Thanks heaps from saving us from "Evil Hillary".

I need a vacation from lunacy. Gonna stop even reading this thread for a while, so if you respond, it'll probably go unheard by me.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    There's a big difference in punching up and punching down. Meanwhile, everything I said is on the table, has happened, or is already happening.

What he means, of course, is North Carolina/Indiana style 'common sense'.
    Oh, ok. You can't see why some women might have a problem with anyone that identifies as a woman, be it that they look like a linebacker in a dress, want to use the same bathroom? Do you just hate women, or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Thrust View Post
    Oh, ok. You can't see why some women might have a problem with anyone that identifies as a woman, be it that they look like a linebacker in a dress, want to use the same bathroom? Do you just hate women, or what?
    Thanks for the grossly transphobic rhetoric. Trans people just want to pee safely.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I'm so tired of "they should have never run Hillary". That didn't kill their campaign, it was the willingness of all those people to buy into the massive pile of lies shoveled at her by the Republicans over the years, despite there never being any evidence, despite being cleared on everything. And to constantly repeat them over and over and pay no attention to the debunking. All so willing to believe the worst, because she's an "uppity woman". The whole things sickens me. numberthirty and his ilk were only right because they helped MAKE it happen. Thanks heaps from saving us from "Evil Hillary".

I need a vacation from lunacy. Gonna stop even reading this thread for a while, so if you respond, it'll probably go unheard by me.
    The people spoke. I'm not happy about it, but if it means the left goes back to being sensible and smart, I am all for it.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    I read Harambe got over 14,000 votes. *not joking*
    Broken Matt Hardy got over 1,200 votes.

BANNED

Thanks for the grossly transphobic rhetoric.
    Nothing trnasphobic about it. It is a real fear women have.

Nothing trnasphobic about it. It is a real fear women have.
    Rooted in fear and misunderstanding of transgendered people, stoked by politicians who benefit from it.

BANNED

Gender neutral restrooms make more sense.

BANNED

Rooted in fear and misunderstand of transgendered people, stoked by politicians who benefit from it.
    No, rooted in the fact that women may not want to share a bathroom with a man in a dress. Have you ever talked to a woman in your life? I mean, real life, not on the internet.

BANNED

Gender neutral restrooms make more sense.
    Pretty much. Just all stalls, problems go away. Someone does something creepy, they get called regardless of genders.

No, rooted in the fact that women may not want to share a bathroom with a man in a dress. Have you ever talked to a woman in your life? I mean, real life, not on the internet.
    My god, man. Transgender people /just want to pee/. And what happens if they try to pee in a /men's room/ while in a dress? Do you even understand what you're arguing here? The implications of this? The reason transgender people have fought so hard on these matters?

http://www.hrc.org/resources/violenc...munity-in-2016
    Last edited by Tendrin; 11-09-2016 at 10:22 AM.

Why do you hate trans people?

I work with someone who is not transgender, but is a woman who wears her hair short and wears unisex clothing. I fear what might happen to her if one of the self-appointed "bathroom police" sees her walking into a public ladies room.

Now, as to the election itself, I don't know if anyone has brought up this theory yet (I haven't had time to read through all of the posts since last night), but I think some of it might be the old "I won't eat my vegetables" thing. Think about it. The news media has been telling us all for fifteen years now that Hillary Clinton will be our next President. They were all disappointed when she wouldn't run in 2004, they all practically coronated her in 2007 as soon she announced her candidacy, and then did it again as soon as she announced last year. Hell, as soon as she stepped down as Secretary of State, they said that it was her election to lose. Well, she lost it, and maybe it was a lot of people who maybe didn't hate her, but just wanted to say to all of the pundits, "You can't tell me what to do!"

We Americans are a stubborn lot. We don't like being told what to do. Sometimes, we even change our minds and stop doing something we wanted to do, just to prove that we're independent and aren't doing that thing just because someone else told us to do it. That may have been what happened yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I work with someone who is not transgender, but is a woman who wears her hair short and wears unisex clothing. I fear what might happen to her if one of the self-appointed "bathroom police" sees her walking into a public ladies room.
    https://thinkprogress.org/texas-woma...0b2#.mavs0sqx4

Clearly, problems aren't gonna be solved by gender neutral bathrooms. After all, if women don't want to share a bathroom with a 'man in a dress', they surely aren't going to want to share them with actual men.