BANNED

So he settled on the University thing. Thateans he admits he was guilty, no? That's another one of his voters' arguments against Clinton shot down; he's an actual criminal.

I wish he had kept it up. That was a chance to put him I. The dirt with the rest of the fossils.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MidTierHero View Post
    According to the Left, you're a rabid Zionist until proven otherwise.
    Please don't lump the True Left with the regressive Alt Left.
    I am a true Liberal, which in this current insanity that has become the "Left" makes me a moderate.
    Which, really just means I am a grown up.

Is anyone else holding out hope that the Electoral college may save us from Trump by voting for Hillary on Dec 18?

I know it is a slim chance, But I am continuing to Pray and hope that sanity will prevail.
    Life is the algorithm through which Goddess explores the infinite possibilities of Her own existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Spider View Post
    Is anyone else holding out hope that the Electoral college may save us from Trump by voting for Hillary on Dec 18?

I know it is a slim chance, But I am continuing to Pray and hope that sanity will prevail.
    Every once in a great while, miracles do happen.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Spider View Post

No.
    I don't want California, Texas and New York deciding the result of future elections. The Electoral college was put in place for a reason.
    If Trump had won the popular and Clinton the electoral, none of you talking about it would say a goddamn thing.

BANNED

I thought college was about digesting different points of view, and learning, not just an echo chamber.

http://ijr.com/2016/11/737333-tragic...t-depaul-univ/

The speaking engagement was — ironically enough — on the issue of campus intolerance. The campus group planned an in-depth discussion about the epidemic of universities restricting free speech on campus in an effort to silence views contrary to the typical views of most college students.

Late Tuesday night, Ben Shapiro decided to show up anyway and tried to enter the school. After a couple of minutes of arguing with the security detail designated to prohibit Shapiro from entering the school and attending the event, Shapiro finally decided to leave and hold his own event.
    Is is so hard if you don't want to attend the event, you JUST don't attend it? Why act like some sort of Soviet style Totalitarian? Why the hell is so called 'leftists' fighting FREE speech?
    Jesus, this is becoming friggin' Bizarro land.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Thrust View Post
    No.
    I don't want California, Texas and New York deciding the result of future elections. The Electoral college was put in place for a reason.
    If Trump had won the popular and Clinton the electoral, none of you talking about it would say a goddamn thing.
    As Alexander Hamilton writes in “The Federalist Papers,” the Constitution is designed to ensure “that the office of President will never fall to the lot of any man who is not in an eminent degree endowed with the requisite qualifications.” The point of the Electoral College is to preserve “the sense of the people,” while at the same time ensuring that a president is chosen “by men most capable of analyzing the qualities adapted to the station, and acting under circumstances favorable to deliberation, and to a judicious combination of all the reasons and inducements which were proper to govern their choice.”
    http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/the...toral-college/

No.
    Problem is, the Electoral College doesn't make it fair, it actually gives too much power to certain, less populated states. I personally don't like the idea of Wyoming, Montana, or Idaho deciding the results of future elections.

You either do it by Popular vote, so that all votes are equally valid Or each state gets 1 vote and that state decides how to designate that vote.

BANNED

How is that different from what I said?
    The electoral college was put in place to preserve the will of the people.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2078970.html

The Electoral College determines the President and Vice-President of the United States. The Electoral College system also distinguishes the United States from other systems where the highest vote-getter automatically wins. This so-called “indirect election” process has been the subject of criticism and attempted reform, though proponents of it maintain that it ensures the rights of smaller states and stands as an important piece of American federalist democracy.

Ideally, the EC shouldn't rubber stamp each election if there is any controversy over it.

BANNED

No.
    Part of why your Electoral College even exists is exactly this: stop things like Trump from rising to power.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Problem is, the Electoral College doesn't make it fair, it actually gives too much power to certain, less populated states. I personally don't like the idea of Wyoming, Montana, or Idaho deciding the results of future elections.

You either do it by Popular vote, so that all votes are equally valid Or each state gets 1 vote and that state decides how to designate that vote.
    Well, maybe the dems and GOP can work to abolish the system, until the next time it doesn't work for one or the other, and they can whine and want it put back in place.
    This is a circle jerk that no one is going to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Part of why your Electoral College even exists is exactly this: stop things like Trump from rising to power.
    Exactly. If it can't do that, if all it does is rubber stamp an election, then it's useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

That would be terrible. Do you really think the 500,000 people of N Dakota should have equal voice to the 50 million in California?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Jesus, the hyperbole is strong.
    He will do exactly what every president does, maintain the status quo. Maybe pump some money into infrastructure, maybe try to get some jobs back from overseas by luring companies to reopen some factories.
    The whole mass deportation won't happen. He has already stated he is pro gay marriage, pro LBGT, pro transgenders 'using whatever restroom they want'.
    The chicken running the head off stuff that has been happening is unfortunate, but the vast majority of the US doesn't care. They know that the day after he is inaugurated, they will get up, and go to work. Come home spend time with their families. Next day, the same, etc, etc.