Page 853 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 35375380384384985085185285385485585685786390395313531853 ... LastLast
Results 12,781 to 12,795 of 104733

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    Why woould anyone say that, In my experice most of the racism that my Asian family has had to deal with has not been from white people.
    *sigh*

Just say "has been from black people."
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Jeff was not talking about Republican he was talking about white people as a group with his cracker comment, and Christians ads a group when some churches are strong advocates of gay right I am not big fan of Christianity but they are all not the same

I hit 60 next moth how old are you?
    and my response to Jeff was to stop using "racial shorthand"... so I'm not sure where you got that I was talking about "white people". . but again, as noted, not my fault the majority of the whackjob Republicans do seem to be White.

as to age, I mentioned it above ("in the 30 years I've been voting"). . I'm 48. . so we're not too far off, as you're only 12 years older.
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    *sigh*

Just say "has been from black people."
    Then I would get called a racist, it has happened here before

BANNED

Rednecks are oppressed. They usually don't realize it, but it's still true.

I'm uncomfortable with any stereotyping with a racial or regional component, regardless of who is being stereotyped. It just boils down to an insult based at least in part on a characteristic the person being insulted can't change, which is unfair and only furthers discussion if your definition of discussion is starting a big 'ol fight.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    Do you want #notallchristiansjusthebigotedoneswhowritelaws ?

Because if you do, THAT speaks volumes.

Do you understand that attacking the institution of Christianity isn't the same as attacking all Christians?

Because if you DON'T, that also speaks volumes.
    Well I'm not really into the hashtag movements so I don't really care about that.

But we can start talking about the Christian components of the Civil Rights movement, or the Christian democrats that make laws I'm sure you are happy with, or the current Christian President that repealed don't ask don't tell (along with the many Christian Congressmen and women who voted yes on it).

I whether you care or not, they are the majority religion in the U.S. (not accounting for dominant denominations) so their fingerprints will be on a lot of significant laws and legislations. Same with white people. If you want to make a point to credit them specifically for the bad ones and blame them for "ruining the country", I guess.

Sorry, I'm just really pissed that the same day where a cop was a video away from a "justified homicide" on another black man...

We are stuck talking about how unfairly white, straight, christian males are treated. Not the center of the fucking universe.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Edit: forget it. In the face of current news, I'm sick of this topic.

BANNED

Sorry, I'm just really pissed that the same day where a cop was a video away from a "justified homicide" on another black man...

We are stuck talking about how unfairly white, straight, christian males are treated. Not the center of the fucking universe.
    I mean that's pretty open and shut. There is a video. There is no room for misinterpretation and varying accounts. And everyone with authority took swift reasonable action there. The guy is going to get charged and will go to jail for some form of homicide. Not much room for debate.

On the other hand we have someone openly using and redefining derogatory words and stereotyping all white Christians for every American problem.

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    I mean that's pretty open and shut.
    Like fucking hell it is.

This guy is going down, but without that video, him a trial is questionable. Folks around the US (and here) would most likely be defending his cold blooded ass. The dead guy's whole life would be criticized and analyzed to provide doubt and blame.

The whole world are finally seeing this ****, and that could effect how they see he US

The department gets to throw him under the bus, trying to absolve themselves. This **** didn't come from nowhere.

And another black person dead extrajudically. And nothing significant has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Rednecks are oppressed. They usually don't realize it, but it's still true.

I'm uncomfortable with any stereotyping with a racial or regional component, regardless of who is being stereotyped. It just boils down to an insult based at least in part on a characteristic the person being insulted can't change, which is unfair and only furthers discussion if your definition of discussion is starting a big 'ol fight.
    what you think is wrong is what Jeff was arguing for And I was arguing against. Attacking a groupd or everyone that disagrees over a legal opinion is wrong.

we can do both and have on this thread

BANNED

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_%28pejorative%29

In the most basic terms, a whip-cracker (slave owner, a privileged person of power), or a person who moves from house to house.

Man, that's really offensive to slave owners, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_%28pejorative%29

In the most basic terms, a whip-cracker (slave owner, a privileged person of power), or a person who moves from house to house.

Man, that's really offensive to slave owners, I guess.
    Is it meant to be offensive? Obviously the impact the word Cracker has is minimal impact(generally speaking), but the intent is derogatory. I love how some people have the attitude that it's ok to hit a kid because he's bigger than you, the fuckin point is, NOBODY should be hitting ANYBODY!

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    I mean that's pretty open and shut. There is a video. There is no room for misinterpretation and varying accounts. And everyone with authority took swift reasonable action there. The guy is going to get charged and will go to jail for some form of homicide. Not much room for debate.
    Go to a pro police forum like officer.com. You will see people doing feats of logical acrobatics that would impress Nightwing trying to justify this. "The video only shows part of the story"; "You're allowed to shoot a fleeing felon in the back and since he attacked an officer he's a felon"; "The officer thought his life was in danger from being shot by the tazer and his brain didn't have time to process that it had been dropped"; and other such nonsense.

Believe me, there are plenty of people out there who saw the same video and have come to different conclusions. That's why real police reform is going to be so hard to achieve.

Like fucking hell it is.

This guy is going down, but without that video, him a trial is questionable. Folks around the US (and here) would most likely be defending his cold blooded ass. The dead guy's whole life would be criticized and analyzed to provide doubt and blame.

The whole world are finally seeing this ****, and that could effect how they see he US

The department gets to throw him under the bus, trying to absolve themselves. This **** didn't come from nowhere.

And another black person dead extrajudically. And nothing significant has changed.
    +1. Until the video surfaced, the cop was a "hero" who was "afraid for his life." It makes you wonder about all the other times cops kill people and there wasn't a camera rolling.

In 2015, there simply is no reason to take a cop at his or her word, and more than you would a complete stranger.

BANNED

Becasue i general hang out with adults with a little bit of couth, and I'm big enough that insulting me to my face is something most people avoid. Ialso spent most of my working life in the AF where speech like your in public would get someone thrown out on their bigoted ass.
    By AF, I assume you mean "Air Force"?

What about speech like that in private?

Very few gun owners are sexualy involved with there guns
    Yet that's not what it means.

Why woould anyone say that
    Because there are morons who think that living in a multiracial and multicultural society constitutes as "white genocide" by Article II of the UN charter.

Cracker doesn't mean white...
    Yeah, about that...