Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Nothng to see here, just Republicans using every dirty trick they can to keep their deeply unpopular party floating in the toilet bowl. Can't wait until they introduce legislation requiring you to pay a fee to vote.
    Test run is already in the works in New Hampshire.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Trump economic aide Larry Kudlow suffers heart attack

Fess up, who got their hands on the Death Note? It's probably the stress that did it.
    And they didn't get Ajit Pai?

Tell them to pass it on to someone who will use it for JUSTICE.

BANNED

hope he contemplates his life

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Just saw Cuomo interviewing Dennis f-ing Rodman, who apparently started crying, and the damn Sun can't explode soon enough to end this farce.

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    And they didn't get Ajit Pai?

Tell them to pass it on to someone who will use it for JUSTICE.
    yeah, really. Ajit Pai makes Martin Shkreli look like Mahatma Gandhi.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Outrage culture isn't limited to the left (Samantha Bee hypocrisy), but it has gone overboard to a level unprecedented before today. Not 'Victim Culture' as I think that phrase is loaded, but the aspects of every group and culture on the planet that have been emboldened to scream at the top of their lungs about how abhorrent BLANK is over the slightest of excuses as often as possible. In some cases they are bots, in some they are falsely claiming to be against BLANK in order to smear true opposition, but most often they are just angry people looking for any excuse to unleash the rage. Unless it's an overwhelming amount of these people that bleed over to real life I've been forced to accept that it's just the way the internet works.

But the impact of this stuff is being overblown IMO. And I agree that things should stop more when people who seem to have made an accidental mistake when they apologize.
    Cue adult men upset over comedy remakes of children's cartoons that were originally created to sell toys...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Cue adult men upset over live action remakes of children's cartoons that were originally created to sell toys...
    I'm an adult man who was once a very young boy who saw Optimus Prime die in theaters. Sure he was fictional but that **** mattered to little-me and we are all our past selves with life experience built on like so many lego bricks, so I don't object to their being upset about it happening. I was on Don Murphy's forums long ago when Bay was announced as director and I definitely made my displeasure known and have continued to rip into Bay's disasterpieces since. However the extent their rage has taken in Thundercats' case is far beyond what I can excuse, as these guys don't even have the feeble excuse of childhood trauma to fall back on.

In short: The Anger can be understandable, the tantrums cannot.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

I'm an adult man who was once a very young boy who saw Optimus Prime die in theaters. Sure he was fictional but that **** mattered to little-me and we are all our past selves with life experience built on like so many lego bricks, so I don't object to their being upset about it happening. I was on Don Murphy's forums long ago when Bay was announced as director and I definitely made my displeasure known and have continued to rip into Bay's disasterpieces since. However the extent their rage has taken in Thundercats' case is far beyond what I can excuse, as these guys don't even have the feeble excuse of childhood trauma to fall back on.

Let’s not pretend that internet media doesn’t play a role in this? I feel they feed outrage culture, by the way they lump all criticism and negative opinions against something together. If you look at the comments of any controversial article, how many of those post would you consider toxic and not just critical?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Let’s not pretend that internet media doesn’t play a role in this? I feel they feed outrage culture, by the way they lump all criticism and negative opinions against something together. If you look at the comments of any controversial article, how many of those post would you consider toxic and not just critical?
    I'm not and I didn't, I admitted that this is just how the internet works in the post Ed replied to. The anonymity and general aggressiveness that the internet gave people led to the rise of 'trolling' to the point where it's bled over into real life in the case of the GoP and things like Swatting. People will say things on the internet (And associated games) that they'd never dare to say to someone in person, and do things through that anonymity that they might normally not condone. I've said often before on this forum that I think it's helped bring us to the level of political discourse that we've reached today, along with the 24/7 News Cycle, partisan lies sold as 'news', and the attitude that caring about something not only means you've lost whatever argument is going on but you're weak for doing so (Snowflake).

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Latchkey child of the 80's here, also sounding off. Optimus Prime was my father figure. Watching him die in that movie theater was frickin' traumatic. Like, people just don't know. You had to be there. Maybe if parents today could imagine their kids seeing Henry Danger get stabbed in the gut with a shard of jagged metal and shot six times in the chest, they might understand. The 80's were a merciless time to be a child. No, seeing Rodimus beat Galvatron did not make us feel better. Rodimus Prime was a git.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

Latchkey child of the 80's here, also sounding off. Optimus Prime was my father figure. Watching him die in that movie theater was frickin' traumatic. Like, people just don't know. You had to be there. Maybe if parents today could imagine their kids seeing Henry Danger get stabbed in the gut with a shard of jagged metal and shot six times in the chest, they might understand. The 80's were a merciless time to be a child. No, seeing Rodimus beat Galvatron did not make us feel better. Rodimus Prime was a git.
    I still love that movie, in fact I have a DVD copy of it a friend got from Malaysia with some of the 'best worst' subtitles you could imagine. It can't be overstated how badly the hero figure of a very young child being savaged and dying in front of them can affect them at the time, and the TV season afterwards laughed and kicked us while we were down by bringing him back to kill him again even more gruesomely and then bringing him REALLY FOR REALS back only to end the season and end all Transformers I saw until Beast Wars. It's amazing to me thinking about it now why it's my favorite still but I have to say nostalgia and somehow still genuine like for many of the characters given to those brightly colored toys keeps it up there. I'm not a blind Geewunner though, as I'm a fan of both TF: Animated and TF: Prime which incorporated Bayisms without making Bay's mistakes and making enjoyable characters.

Anyway that's it for Dalak's Budget Transformer Reviews, stay tuned for more bullshit Trump said/did!

Nothng to see here, just Republicans using every dirty trick they can to keep their deeply unpopular party floating in the toilet bowl. Can't wait until they introduce legislation requiring you to pay a fee to vote.
    You mean, like a poll tax? But that's unconsti- oh right.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I'm going to add to this saying as an adult woman who as a little girl grew up wanting to be as good of a leader as prime, when the movie came out smartly my mother actually asked me first if I wanted to go see the movie and warned me about Optimus's death. Suffice it to say that I burst into tears at once and it took me over a month to start watching the show again, only to see the episode where he died again and that re traumatized 5 year old more for another couple of weeks.

I will say the closest 90s kids got to this was Dinobot's death in Beast Wars and then Primals in Beast machines. More recently the death of Wally in Young Justice.

Regarding the freak out though, there is some legit anger to be had, especially if you study animation and the practices of Cartoon Netwok, and more recently Nick. In the case of Thundercats it was supposed to be moved to Toonami. Unfortunately, like He-man, Gen Rex, YJ, Symbiotic Titan, and several other shows that are action based and attract the wrong audience, ie: girls and older teens and families, they screwed around with the time to justify taking it off air and left the studio hanging so that they didn't have to deal with the cancellation contract stuff. It's a constant with them.

So while yes there are morons, there is a legit gripe that CN screwed over the series, when it should have just canned it and possibly it could have bern brought over to Netflix or WBs new upcoming service, or Hulu. This is where a lot of the issues with some of us stem from.

Other than that Matthew 101281 is right about how the net likes to create click bait to get people upset and sharing for ad revenue.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    hope he contemplates his life
    Like Steve Scalise contemplated his life after the Congress ball field shooting, yet remained a full throated supporter of the NRA? Nothing will change with Kudlow either. Nevertheless, I hope he pulls through.

====================

Trump And Kim Sign Joint Agreement As Historic Singapore Summit Closes

“Today we had a historic meeting and decided to leave the past behind,” said North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, as he signed the memorandum. If Trump thinks he's getting a Nobel Prize for a glorified photo op and a nothingburger memo, he's in for a long wait. Meanwhile, there's this....

Murderous Dictator Meets Dishonest President Behind Closed Doors

How will the American public know what they actually said? They may not. I'm guessing Bad Vlad Putin knows. Our friendly neighborhood puppet master knows all.

Trump Administration Restricts Asylum Access For Victims Of Gang And Domestic Violence

Jeff Sessions said he is “confident” his moves will reduce the number of unauthorized immigrants who come to the U.S. Give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free....unless you have brown skin, then you're fucked.

John Kelly Says The White House Is A ‘Miserable’ Place To Work: Report

Kelly’s tenure in the Trump administration has been rocky for months. Major Dad knew what he was getting into with Caramel Caligula, so I don't feel the least bit sorry for him.

Shep Smith Zaps Trump-Trudeau Feud: ‘Maybe We Need A Northern Wall’

Meanwhile, the GOP’s response is “crickets,” Smith said. Well, of course, Shep. Doing the "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" thing is what gutless and cowardly Republicans do when it comes to Trump.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Jeff Sessions said he is “confident” his moves will reduce the number of unauthorized immigrants who come to the U.S. Give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free....unless you have brown skin, then you're fucked.