Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I think an extra 6 got added in there.

The Dow plunged over 600 points Friday. If it was 6,000, we'd be in an immediate recession or panic.

I think an extra 6 got added in there.
    That can happen when you are striking the same key a few times.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Well, how much of the "Record" value that has been happening was based on anything like reality?
    Dips & surges are guaranteed to happen, that's normal.

What I find depressing is that Trump praised the stock market every day when there was big gains, but is mute when things went sour. And he won't discuss bad news even though business in the market often is independent of the president.

I'm so glad I saw this:

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Or is American society and the educational system somehow socializing kids to be trans, or to identify in that way?
    Dude. Shut the fuck up.

For real. That's not how being trans, gay, lesbian, bi, non binary or asexual works.

(I know you're a mod, and you can ban me if you want, for language or whatever, but this is a stupid fucking sentence and this is a hill upon which I am willing to die.)

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Dips & surges are guaranteed to happen, that's normal.

What I find depressing is that Trump praised the stock market every day when there was big gains, but is mute when things went sour. And he won't discuss bad news even though business in the market often is independent of the president.
    Sure.

Talking about what is likely unsustainable record growth like it will keep on chugging like a freight train just because you are the man is "Ill Advised" even best case scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I'm so glad I saw this:

You would love the Trump Criticizes Trump subreddit.

The Dow plunged over 600 points Friday. If it was 6,000, we'd be in an immediate recession or panic.
    in the news it is -1600

You would love the Trump Criticizes Trump subreddit.
    They are also on Twitter
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

How?

No seriously, I want to know how that line of thinking goes. You don't see recruitment drives and commercials airing as if it were some club you can just decide to join. The closest my school had to "socializing kids to be trans" was when big guys would hold smaller boys' heads in the toilet until you said you were a girl. Which I'm damn sure isn't the same thing.
    Most subcultures don't have recruitment drives and commercials.

The study's results are interesting in that it finds several times the number of trans/ gender nonconforming people than expected.

What are the alternative explanations beyond potential sample error, or a large population of closeted trans individuals (and if there's no sample error, this group would be several times larger than those who are openly trans).
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

It's simple, Mets. Much like being gay, if culture stops making it a bad thing to be, more people will openly be that, and younger than say, a married man in his 40s finally coming out.

The study isn't accounting for a shift in cultural acceptance. None of which has to do with you so called "socializing" kids to be trans. smdh.

It's almost like these things are easy to understand and not interesting findings that need to be looked in to deeper to find out how society is making kids homos.

Dow plunges 666 points -- worst day since Brexit

Dow plunges 1,175 points in worst day for stocks since 2011
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There was an interesting result fro a survey on trans issues in Minnesota high schools.

81,000 students were polled. The expectation was that less than one percent would identify as "non-gender binary." The result was three percent (2,200 described themselves as transgender or gender nonconforming.)

It could be a flawed study, or a flawed sample set, though it raises some interesting questions, which may not be mutually exclusive. If the study is accurate, is there a large group of trans people who are in the closet, and the reason the number is so high is that a new generation is the first one comfortable being open about it? Or is American society and the educational system somehow socializing kids to be trans, or to identify in that way? Since transgender surgery is expensive and has some permanent side effects, these are things that have to be figured out.
    It wouldn't be the first sensational article based on a faulty study.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Man, Nunes always looks like a hostage reading off of a script.

Please, please someone defend Trump calling Dems who didn't applaud him at the SOTU treasonous.

I want to see how low you can sink.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!