Quote Originally Posted by Schrecken View Post
    Hey if the peso keeps going any lower, who is going to pay for the wall? I lost track of how tall he said it was going to be.
    They can always use legos?

Quote Originally Posted by rogersmcfeely View Post
    I agree completely as far as being complacent. The Democrats absolutely must be more assertive and relentless, but at the same time, I can't agree with the idea of not being polite. One of the important premises of the Democratic/Hillary campaign was that it was a sane, civilized, adult response to Trump and his shenanigans. OK, that failed to win the day, but I think it would be a mistake to try to win the next election by mimicking that approach. Even if the Democrats were to succeed with that tactic, it wouldn't seem to be much of a win if they had to become what they loathed to achieve it. Winning is important, but it can't come at the expense of throwing aside your values.
    Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBatman82 View Post
    people gave so much crap at trump that he would lose. some supernatural being turned the tables around
    No, I'm pretty sure it was just all the people voting. The people that spent months silent because they couldn't justify voting for a lying, thieving, abusive, pedo rapist, but were going to do it anyway and just didn't want to be confronted about it. On that note, haven't seen you around for a while, what have you been up to?

Of course now that he won, whenever someone calls him out on being a lying thieving, abusive pedo rapist his supporters can just say to STFU, because he won and there's nothing to be done about it. The "Silent Majority".

Amazing Member

Some questions for everybody, especially those who have seen more years and are more experienced.

Over the years, how many of you have gone back and forth between the two major parties, because you aren't too ideologically committed to either side, but sort of look at the specific issues facing the country at that point, and the personnel from either side on the ballots?

For example, during the 80s, I was more of a Republican supporter. I didn't care for their coziness with Wall Street or the Bible Belt, but I accepted/overlooked these flaws because I saw them as more capable hands in terms of the Cold War, which was still going at the time.

After the Cold War ended, I saw the Democrats seemed to have a better handle on the domestic issues the country faced during the 1990s, so I tended to support them more during that time.

I voted for Gore in 2000, but it's not so much that he was a Democrat. I just didn't think that George W. Bush was up to the job, and his political affiliation as a Republican was a secondary concern.

I've supported the Democrats solidly since 2000 because while I was a supporter of the Republicans during the final years of the Cold War, well...those Republicans seem to have gone extinct. I certainly haven't liked the variety that has taken over the franchise since the end of the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    They can always use legos?
    Holy hell, as weak as the dollar is going to be we could never afford to import all those bricks.
    We'll just have to use ****. Should be enough of that just floating around.

Amazing Member

You know who else loses big in this election? Pollsters.

Who is ever going to believe in polls again after this?

you are stupid if you think that trump is any of those things. its time for unity instead of division that the liberals created.
    Think? He admits most of it. He's proud of it.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Funny, he's openly demonstrated most of those traits throughout his whole life. Documentable.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, I'm absolutely numb. A reality show carnival barker is now President of the United States. Unbelievable. On top of that, Republicans retained control of the House and Senate, meaning they can do pretty much do anything they damn well please: kill Obamacare, turn back the clock on civil rights, overturn Roe v. Wade, turn out the lights on gay marriage, overload SCOTUS with right wingers, give more tax breaks to the rich, maybe start another war in the Middle East, anything. Well, I'm not going to waste keystrokes assigning blame for this abominable clusterfuck, what's done is done unfortunately, all I can do is keep an eye on the bastards in Washington and remember them come midterms in 2018.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 11-09-2016 at 02:31 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

you are stupid if you think that trump is any of those things. its time for unity instead of division that the liberals created.
    Yeah, the guy declaring he grabbed women by the pussy, committed sexual assaults according to some dozen or so women, lead a racist campaign against the first African American president, following a congress that offered unprecedented obstruction to that same first African American president.../they/ are the ones who created all the divisions. You know what? You got the result you wanted. You got it, and the rest of us have to live in the wreckage of that world that you and everyone who was okay with all of the above created. You got what you wanted, bt you don't get to tell us 'unify'. Not in the face of everything that just happened . That's horse ****.

Fantastic Member

Lol. Nigel Farage was right. He said the US election will just turn out to be another Brexit type upset.

Amazing how surprised the "progressives" are of losing. "Progressives" are too busy gobbling up crap from shows like The Young Turks, too busy buying into what Hollywood celebrities and mainstream media is saying to realize that their view is not actually what majority's views are. They're out of touch with public sentiment, all the while patting themselves in the back and smuggly calling others with opposing views "dumb", "deplorables", "uneducated" (among other things).

BANNED

how is it that the country wants to go back to the times of slavery instead of moving forward?
    Last edited by Chrysalis_Changling; 11-09-2016 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beetle_booster View Post
    Lol. Nigel Farage was right. He said the US election will just turn out to be another Brexit type upset.

Amazing how surprised the "progressives" are of losing. "Progressives" are too busy gobbling up crap from shows like The Young Turks, too busy buying into what Hollywood celebrities and mainstream media is saying to realize that their view is not actually what majority's views are. They're out of touch with public sentiment, all the while patting themselves in the back and smuggly calling others with opposing views "dumb", "deplorables", "uneducated" (among other things).
    I guess the interests of millions of people who are threatened by this are of no concern to you. I mean ,obviously not. Now, at least, you can be open about it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    No, I'm pretty sure it was just all the people voting. The people that spent months silent because they couldn't justify voting for a lying, thieving, abusive, pedo rapist, but were going to do it anyway and just didn't want to be confronted about it. On that note, haven't seen you around for a while, what have you been up to?

Of course now that he won, whenever someone calls him out on being a lying thieving, abusive pedo rapist his supporters can just say to STFU, because he won and there's nothing to be done about it. The "Silent Majority".
    Nope

And no worries about his negative qualities. Just wait. Nothing good is gonna come out of this economically. They are still gonna be broke. And they won't have quality healthcare. Call them out on that. Call them out on the lack of manufacturing jobs. Or on the next conflict we get in. See what the excuse will be then.

Amazing Member

It's of no importance whatsoever in light of the election, but the Flash TV show was preempted by election coverage. It did make me think though that if there were ever a time we needed Flash to go back in time to mess with the timeline and change history, right now would be the time.