Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I like Elizabeth Warren.....and Bernie Sanders and Hillary. IMO it's that they are ages 67, 75 and 69 respectively. I think there's got to be a changing of the guard in the hierarchy. Warren and Sanders can do more by staying in the Senate as long as possible. IMO Neither should run for POTUS in 2020. They can work with getting the next generation up to speed so they don't lose that senate seat in elections to come.
    And Joe Biden has hinted at wanting to run in 2020....when he'll be 77. Not to sound ageist, but kill that noise! It's time for younger blood and fresher ideas to carry the Democratic Party forward into the future.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And Joe Biden has hinted at wanting to run in 2020....when he'll be 77. Not to sound ageist, but kill that noise! It's time for younger blood and fresher ideas to carry the Democratic Party forward into the future.
    I didn't know that. It's a shame that a personal tragedy prevented him from running this year. But we don't need 80-ish POTUS candidates.

Giants FB Nikita Whitlock reportedly has home vandalized with slurs, 'KKK' written on wall

A Giant reportedly became the latest victim of the wave of hate crimes that has been sweeping through the tri-state area.

On Wednesday, CBS New York reported that Nikita Whitlock’s home had been broken into and vandalized a night earlier, and the alleged intruders had scrawled racist messages all over the walls.

Whitlock, 25, who has spent the entire season on injured reserve, came home to a graffiti swastika, according to CBS New York, as well as “KKK” and “Go back to Africa” messages scrawled on the walls inside his Moonachie home.
    This is out of control.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Trump Will Only Speed Up The Collapse of America.

Despite all the lunatics abroad gunning to bring us down, in the end we will be responsible for our own downfall.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    [URL="http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/giants-fb-nikita-whitlock-reportedly-home-vandalized-article-1.2902546?cid=bitly"]Giants FB Nikita Whitlock reportedly has home vandalized with slurs, 'KKK' written on wall[/URL
    This is out of control.
    I'm sure all the Trump supporters around here can assure us that this is another "anecdotal" or "fake" story about hate on the rise since election day. Just like the hundreds of other incidents (that are now approaching thousands) in the past month.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavric1919 View Post
    You do understand that science determines life begins at conception, that is more of a religious and philosophical debate about the humanity of abortion?
    To quote George Carlin "Life began about a billion years ago, and it's a continuous process"

If people want to actually cut down the number of abortions then don't vote people in who are fucking over single parents when it comes to their Tax Plans alone. Maybe teach teenagers how NOT to get pregnant beyond abstinence and provide them with the means to do so. If there were options for some people other than adoption or raising the kid in a poor household which might even breed resentment and/or child abuse due to the circumstances then abortion wouldn't be as appealing a choice as some seem to think it is. As it is, very little has changed from the day Mr Carlin made that video and outlawing abortion will not save lives as it will only drive it into the black market excused so often as a reason against gun control.

https://twitter.com/ByronYork/status/806896248682909696

CA ballots all counted. Clinton 8,753,788 Trump 4,483,810. Clinton won by 4,269,978, greater than natl pop vote lead
    https://twitter.com/samsteinhp/statu...01633774927872

there's been this weird subtext to the election commentary that California's vote should be considered separate/different from the rest
    https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/806906559909531648

Our national poll in the field this week, only 53% of Trump voters thought California's votes should be included in national popular vote
    They hate us in California. We "don't count" as America to them.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    He's taking Republican Contrarianism to a new low. The GOP has no policy of their own, they just look for whatever the Democrats do and oppose it on principle. Trump's appointments are just an extension of that. Whoever the Democrats hate the most (whoever would be worst for the country) that would be his guy. Plus Zombie Linda, because you gotta get that female support in.
    Would it shock anyone to learn that Trump is naming these people just to spite his critics? Like, picking an EPA head who is currently SUING THE EPA? A Labor Secretary who has a record that shows he hates workers, and has admitted he'd like to replace restaurant employees with robots? A HUD head who rejects helping out inner cities, when he's supposed to be working on Urban Development?

Unless Trump is from Bizarro World, or just a spiteful ****, these are baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/806906559909531648

They hate us in California. We "don't count" as America to them.
    Well, of course they do. You're governed well by Democrats, and better off for it. California's success the past decade is proof that the GOP Agenda is utter horses***. And they'll do anything they can to bury that success, lest it be repeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova View Post
    I have to chime in on this whole thing. Not just here but other forums in general are bashing trump/ protesting him and being negative of his picks and signaling the end of times. How about we hold off until hes atleast been sworn in and maybe a sample size of 6 months under his belt running things.
    <chuckles> It's not worth your time to try to reason with most of these people. Let them have their echo-chamber and shared misery. This is their pseudo-catharsis.
    Team Photo & Silver Surfer Flash Mob

SHSO Name: Gallant Centurion Spy

CBR/SHSO Player Directory

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Don't mess with California (they're ready to resist Donald Trump)

Xavier Becerra, nominee to be the next attorney general of California, talks with Rachel Maddow about California's preparedness to defend its progressive policies from potential attacks by the Trump administration.
    I think California scares Conservatives. Just like Texas makes Liberals nervous. I'm actually a bit jealous of California, I wish New Jersey had it's act together as well as your state does.

Another good video clip to watch

Will Trump put eccentricity over expertise in choice for FDA?

Rachel Maddow reports on a Peter Thiel associate being considered by Donald Trump to lead the FDA, who is a proponent of "seasteading" and immortality through biotechnology.
    I think this guy watched too much Spongebob Squarepants.

---- And this ---

$500 billion opportunity for Exxon, Russia in Trump cabinet pick

Rachel Maddow reports on the massive ExxonMobil deal with Russian oil that was held up because of U.S. sanctions on Russia for invading Ukraine, and how Donald Trump making the Exxon CEO his secretary of state could restore the deal

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I like Biden, but at best he'd only be a 4 year President. By 2020, the Dems are going to be looking for someone younger, someone with a very good chance of wining and staying in office for 8 years. Not sure who that would be, but I'm keeping my eyes open. I do hope that, whomever it is, would consider Corey Booker as potential VP material. I can't see him as President, not yet, but I can see him as a VP.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Well, of course they do. You're governed well by Democrats, and better off for it. California's success the past decade is proof that the GOP Agenda is utter horses***. And they'll do anything they can to bury that success, lest it be repeated.
    California was a disaster under the GOP governer or should I say The Governator Arnold. Jerry Brown really turned things around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    California was a disaster under the GOP governer or should I say The Governator Arnold. Jerry Brown really turned things around.
    Jerry Brown rose from the ashes and built a nice legacy for himself