"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Wellllllllll, we got another one gone! Say good-bye to Under Secretary of the State Department, Steve Goldstein.

The White House has fired State Department Under Secretary Steve Goldstein just hours after his boss, now-former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, was let go Wednesday morning.

The White House called Goldstein to tell him he is no longer needed. Goldstein was then called up to Tillerson's office for a meeting. Tillerson spent the morning at home -- after flying in from Africa early Wednesday morning -- but he is now at the department. It is unclear if Tillerson will talk to the press today or not.

Goldstein has largely fallen into the role as Tillerson's spokesperson, and was unanimously confirmed by the senate last year. He has been on the job for less than three months and is known for being loyal to Tillerson. He has encouraged Tillerson to speak more to the press.

Goldstein did attend many meetings at the White House, and consistently said Tillerson was going to bring foreign policy decision-making back to the State Department.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    It's so awesome that so many people decided to abstain from voting in 2016 as some sort of bullshit protest. As a result, we have the awesomeness that has been 2017/2018.

Thanks, guys.
    Don't forget the sparkling intellects who wrote in such political luminaries as Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck on their ballots 'for the lulz'. You get the government you deserve.

Fantastic Member

Kushner is doing the State Department's job anyway! He and Ivanka got this.

You people just don't get it! 4 dimensional chess is being played here! Yep, any second now, any second now, the curtains will come down, and you'll all see how the pieces connect. We're not being mismanaged by an inept solipsist, we're not! Uh, uhhhhh, liberal tears, liberal tears, winning!
    You're like Witches in Salem. Just fuel for my fire.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Some analyst or journalist on NPR this morning put it best: A year in now, Trump feels more comfortable in the role and is dropping some people that he conservatively relied on during a time when he felt out of his depth.

Pompeo I think coming into this role right now is probably at least partly related to this fast coming NK talks, where he wants someone he has no friction with.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-13-2018 at 11:34 AM.
    Thank you AMericA for votinG for chAnge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Trump ousts Tillerson, will replace him as secretary of state with CIA chief Pompeo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.e5e9bdab64b9

And next out? Hmm... supposedly Gen. Kelly and Steve Mnunchin have that "suicide pact" that if one of them goes, they all do. My bet's on Mnunchin, because of all the criticism he and his wife have faced. I don't think he's got the chutzpah to deal with it.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Oh you know what? Let's just add to today's insanity!

Let's meet Maine GOP state congressional candidate, Leslie Gibson, who wanted on a crazy rant, attacking one of the survivors of the Parkland shooting.

See, this is why you got to run somebody EVERYWHERE!
    There's still 3 days left to register on the ballot, and someone in District 57 looking for a job can get hers, feasibly.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Some analyst or journalist on NPR this morning put it best: A year in now, Trump feels more comfortable in the role and is dropping some people that he conservatively relied on during a time when he felt out of his depth.
    Let's assume that's "true", how will this help the situation? You are bringing on a completely different person that OTHER countries have not build a relationship with. World leaders have gotten to know or at least, spend some time with Rex. How does throwing out the work he's done with building relationships with other countries for someone brand new help anything? If Trump truly thought this through, he would have had Pompeo slowly transition in and have Rex work with him to get him to know the details of the new job. But no, Rex LITERALLY found out via a tweet about being fired.
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 03-13-2018 at 11:58 AM.

Mighty Member

It's wild to me watching people think there is any hope of Lamb winning in PA today. I mean, I hope he does, but all these special elections in deep red areas, the pubs have been winning them all, almost. I mean, Roy Moore even got kinda close when it shoulda been landslide given the whole pedophile thing.

Rebel that Rebels BeastieRunner's Avatar

Wrong thread!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-13-2018 at 12:41 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra

It's wild to me watching people think there is any hope of Lamb winning in PA today. I mean, I hope he does, but all these special elections in deep red areas, the pubs have been winning them all, almost. I mean, Roy Moore even got kinda close when it shoulda been landslide given the whole pedophile thing.
    It would be great if he won, but it is still a win if he makes it a close race. The closer the better.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

The "In The District" context here is "Night"/"Day" versus what happened in Alabama. While I don't think it's a lock, that context works against this particular Republican.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Kushner is doing the State Department's job anyway! He and Ivanka got this.
    Isn't that why the Ambassador to Mexico quit? Because Jared's been down there undercutting her?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I don't know....last night they were saying that Lamb has been leading in the polls. If anything, it made the RNC spend 10 million there on what should have been a shoe in.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I don't know....last night they were saying that Lamb has been leading in the polls. If anything, it made the RNC spend 10 million there on what should have been a shoe in.
    Yeah but that's what has happened in all of them. Polls suggest dem winner, RNC pumps a shit ton of cash and then Pence and/or Trump robo call or stump in the area, pub wins, everything stays the same...which is generally shitty and bigot-y.

Again, as with all this bullshit, I hope I'm wrong. I will always eat crow with a smile on my face if it means one less Trump bootlicker in a leadership role.