Today the FARC (Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias de Colombia) had to suspend their presidential campaign in Colombia because their leader Timochenco almost got killed when he tried to campaign in some towns.

Link in Spanish
    http://caracol.com.co/emisora/2018/0...46_476701.html

Something i do not agree, for one in the peace treated they signed with the Colombia goverment, they had to guarantee the safety of the members of the newly form FARC political party.

The second thing i will say is that this was predictable, after 60 years of kidnapping and killings people wouldnt accept them.

Mighty Member

I do agree the whole “institutionalized privilege” definition of racism does seem like a shallow “diplomatic immunity” play (in practice) where the accusers can never be held to whatever standard they’re subjecting the accused to. Personally, I’d rather racism/bigotry that isn’t actively malicious be viewed in the same way as drug/alcohol addiction - a compulsive habit that one is better off without.

Actually, now that I think about it, really selling the idea that such prejudice is self-sabotaging/immobilizing as opposed to just making people around you upset may help a ton.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 02-09-2018 at 04:08 PM.

Oompa Loompa time.

Rachel Brand is stepping down at the DOJ.

She's been there since Bush, so there might be more to this one than others leaving.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    I do agree the whole “institutionalized privilege” definition of racism does seem like a shallow “diplomatic immunity” play (in practice) where the accusers can never be held to whatever standard they’re subjecting the accused to. Personally, I’d rather racism/bigotry that isn’t actively malicious be viewed in the same way as drug/alcohol addiction - a compulsive habit that one is better off without.

Actually, now that I think about it, really selling the idea that such prejudice is self-sabotaging/immobilizing as opposed to just making people around you upset may help a ton.
    how about NO

racism is racism is racism

I want the Richard Spencers and Janice from Accounting who just doesnt like black people to both be afraid to air their bull&^% in any instance

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Look there's disturbing "shocking" things coming from that white house all the time. But, I just do not see how trump can STILL just make the comment about Porter being a good dude and wishing him well and not even saying a word about these women.

Nothing at all after hearing and seeing them tell their stories? I saw the second wife on Anderson last night and her saying Hope is basically going to get popped in the mouth too because the guy hasn't changed was chilling. It isn't even just he said she said. There were restraining orders. There are pictures of abuse. The guy couldn't pass security clearance ffs. And they KNEW.

It just shows they just fundamentally are not good people. Porter would still have a job if there wasn't a picture. How can any of them claim to be advocates for women with this type of nonsense going on?

He feels more sympathy for a wife beating *******, than athletes who want to peacefully protest police brutality. They were called sons of bitches just for taking a knee. He said they should be fired. But, this guy who beats his wife, who drags the other out of the shower to keep fighting and yelling at her....wish him well?
    Because Trump is every bit the knuckledragging thug like Porter. There are stories out there about how he abused Ivana, but a Non-disclosure Agreement (and a truckload of hush money) keeps her from blabbing about her experiences with Trump to anyone willing to give her an interview. Trump doesn’t give even half a **** about abused women and the GOP follows his lead, anything they say about being advocates from women is pure bullshit.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I want everyone in Trumps's Administration to quit en masse, leaving him all alone. Then we'll see how 'Sad' he is.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Hicks has quite a love life...I think she dated Lewandowski, Miller (I thought was rumor/gossip at one point for at least a fling (?)), and Porter.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    This girl is getting passed around like a NYC subway token.
    No matter what kind of a person Hicks is, this isn't really called for.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    how about NO

racism is racism is racism

I want the Richard Spencers and Janice from Accounting who just doesnt like black people to both be afraid to air their bull&^% in any instance
    Well, I’m convinced Richard has gone into the aforementioned territory of malice despite his insistence of only wanting “peaceful removal” of black people (historical precedent paints a scary picture). So I won’t argue with that.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 02-09-2018 at 05:17 PM.

Trump supports a wife beater, Trump supports Nazis, Trump supports racists. If you support Trump, you support these things too.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Oompa Loompa time.

Rachel Brand is stepping down at the DOJ.

She's been there since Bush, so there might be more to this one than others leaving.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    The dangers of Pseudo-Science Conservatives, and their voters.

Man, this guy is a whole other kettle of fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Your the one playing the "black card" Pulling this black conservative out as a rebuttal.

Next you need to bring out the anti-immigration Hispanics.
    For some reason my mind flashed to the N-word episode of South Park.

"Dammit, Stan. Jesse Jackson is not the Emperor of Black People."

It comes to mind any time a single black person's opinion is brought up to represent the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    For some reason my mind flashed to the N-word episode of South Park.

"Dammit, Stan. Jesse Jackson is not the Emperor of Black People."

It comes to mind any time a single black person's opinion is brought up to represent the group.
    Especially one whose opinion would be the same as maybe 1% or 2% of other black people. But to some, hey a black person said it, so it's all good.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    About that....

Jeff Flake's voting scorecard indicated he voted with Trump on things 88.5% of the time. Ted Cruz...93.8%. Ergo, Jeff Flake had practically the same stances/record as Ted Cruz.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...re/jeff-flake/
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...core/ted-cruz/
    UGH! I take it back then lol.

In shitty news of the day.

A country where being a NEO Nazi is considered OK! But being ANTI-Fascist is somehow seen as wrong, and if you're Black? Dear Gawds it's over for you. In America being an Armed neo nazi is considered okay, but if you get stabbed by one, it's cool with the cops.

California cops collaborated with knife-wielding neo-Nazi to go after stabbed antifa protesters
    Highway Patrol officers tried to protect neo-Nazis' identities while asking their help to build case against their enemies.

In arrest reports, the same cop argued that a black anti-fascist counterprotester who had been stabbed three times in the altercation should be charged with 11 crimes. “As evidence, Ayres provided Facebook photos of the man holding up his fist” and said that “‘Black Power salute’ and his ‘support for anti-racist activism’ demonstrated his ‘intent and motivation to violate the civil rights’ of the neo-Nazi group,” the Guardian notes. Prosecutors did not take up Ayres’ charging recommendations against that man and set aside the vast majority of Highway Patrol recommendations, but are still bringing felony cases against three counterdemonstrators from the melee.

WHY should I trust Cops again?

Oh WBE-Eeeee...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/09/polit...iew/index.html

CNN)Gary Emineth, a Republican candidate for US Senate in North Dakota, defended in a radio interview Friday sharing an image on Twitter that said no more mosques should be built in the United States.
    Emineth, who is running in the GOP primary in hopes of challenging incumbent Democratic Sen. Heidi Heitkamp, appeared on the local North Dakota radio program Rob (re)Port show on WDAY AM970 and discussed a report CNN's KFile published Thursday that revealed that Emineth had shared several inflammatory posts on social media.
    One of those posts was in 2016, when Emineth retweeted an image that called on users to "like and share" if they thought no more mosques should be built in America.
    "So I just made a statement, I'm a Christian that believes we ought to propagate our Christian faith. So I see an article and I retweet, 'no more mosques in America,' you know, and like, and share. So I retweeted it. So yeah. So what? I believe in Christian — I believe in liberties, freedom, free speech, and Christian values is kind of my base. And so yeah, I posted it, so no big deal. I'm not that stressed out over it."
    Last edited by Tendrin; 02-09-2018 at 06:36 PM.