Page 383 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 2833333733793803813823833843853863873934334838831383 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,745 of 104733

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    How about we just all agree that when someone magically pops up in this thread making a claim while refusing to post evidence to support it we just ignore that person?
    Pineapples are the first failed attempt at a biological weapon, they were first used by the Celts in the middle-east, around the time of the first secret crusade in 6354BC.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

Quote Originally Posted by madfunkymonkey View Post
    I'm pretty sure that conservatives contribute more to charity than liberals do.
    They certainly do their best to create more of a need for it, if that's what you mean.

If I doubt what someone is saying how can I prove it?
    Find evidence that disproves what they're saying. It's really not incredibly difficult. Providing what they're saying is factually incorrect, that is.

Ah, the old 'conservatives give more to charity than liberals do!' canard.

Actions speak louder than words. Do something positive instead of writing a check....
    Last edited by md62; 08-30-2014 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by md62 View Post
    Actions speak louder than words. Do something positive instead of writing a check....
    I plan on doing so, I am voting Democrat this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    I plan on doing so, I am voting Democrat this fall.
    Voting is too passive. It's just like writing a check IMO.

BANNED

Do you vote, then?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, what would you suggest?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Do you vote, then?
    Of course. It's my civic duty.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, what would you suggest?
    Do repairs on a neighbor's house that can't afford to do it themselves. Sacrifice your Christmas to give a family whose parent is in jail a decent Christmas. Help repair a playground that the community has neglected.

Do something physically. Give your time. Sometimes time is more precious than money.

Do repairs on a neighbor's house that can't afford to do it themselves. Sacrifice your Christmas to give a family whose parent is in jail a decent Christmas. Help repair a playground that the community has neglected.

Do something physically. Give your time. Sometimes time is more precious than money.
    All of that will make quite a difference for the people affected, certainly. Doing things and living your values are important. But voting isn't 'too passive'. It's about the only voice people have /left/ in government.

BANNED

I kind of doubt what you are saying is true.

What is next?

I bet you are going to say something about Fox News. And then you will call me a bigot or racist. Isn't that the normal rhetoric????
    Knock yourself out, here's every single pledger.
    http://givingpledge.org/

Here's a list of the highest profile pledgers in order of net worth, as well as high profile people who chose not to pledge.
    http://open.salon.com/blog/danagram/...dged_who_hasnt

No rhetoric here. Just facts.

BANNED

Demand a living minimum wage from your representatives so your neighbor can afford basic home maintenance.
    Seeing as how drug arrests are the most common type of arrest in America, demand from your representatives that marijuana be legalized, so our nation no longer has the highest concentration of incarcerated citizens on the planet.
    Demand a property and sales tax rate sufficient that the community playground can be maintained by the city.

Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    Demand a living minimum wage from your representatives so your neighbor can afford basic home maintenance.
    Seeing as how drug arrests are the most common type of arrest in America, demand from your representatives that marijuana be legalized, so our nation no longer has the highest concentration of incarcerated citizens on the planet.
    Demand a property and sales tax rate sufficient that the community playground can be maintained by the city.
    Or, at the very least, demand that wealth be taxed. Work, not wealth, is what drives our economy. Hoarded wealth becomes an anchor.

I generally dislike sales taxes because they're pretty regressive.