Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I have no confidence that this will go anywhere, but it seems that Jeff Sessions has been caught committing perjury. Of course we don't hear Session's response so it could be all sound and fury, etc etc.
    Rules only matter if you enforce them.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Good thing no one is forcing them into gay marriages, then. There is literally NOTHING to 'buy into' here except the question, "Are LGBT+ people human beings, deserving the same rights and dignities afforded all people under the law?"

If your answer to that is "No," or "Well, they HAVE the same rights already, so why do they need new ones..." then I dont care what color your skin is, how old your culture is, how oppressed your culture has been, you can go fuck yourself. Not your culture. Just you, the person using 'culture' as an excuse for bigotry.

ALL are equal under the law or NO ONE is equal. Period.
    There are far more pressing issues than gay marriage, I don't give a damn if you want a license to marry a lama. I'm concerned about people who live so far below the poverty line they no longer exist in the public's consciousness.
    When you lose the rhythm of the drumbeat of god, you are lost from the peace and rhythm of life.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Wolf View Post
    There are far more pressing issues than gay marriage, I don't give a damn if you want a license to marry a lama. I'm concerned about people who live so far below the poverty line they no longer exist in the public's consciousness.
    You're saying it's a question of national priorities. I get that, cousin.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

It doesn't have to be a one or the other situation. Criticizing gay marriage looks petty and homophobic regardless of what other issues there are in the world.

Quite a dilema, here we have 2 opressed communities who are demandings rights or benefits so they can have a better life.

I am not well study in the situation in Straya but surely some Australian poster can enlight us in the situation if they happen to come by.

BANNED

That's true of most indigenous people around the globe. The topic of homosexual marriage is simply more relevant and sexy in the public eye and media. There's a reason for it too.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    It doesn't have to be a one or the other situation. Criticizing gay marriage looks petty and homophobic regardless of what other issues there are in the world.
    Don't care how it looks. I also don't equate gay rights with Civil Rights, genocide, slavery, colonization. Entirely different historical precedence
    When you lose the rhythm of the drumbeat of god, you are lost from the peace and rhythm of life.

Don't care how it looks. I also don't equate gay rights with Civil Rights, genocide, slavery, colonization. Entirely different historical precedence
    Gay Rights IS Civil Rights.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Oh I've definitely been told by others that we gay people don't win the Oppression Olympics. Apparently we're selfish just for wanting to get married or not get fired for no other reason than being gay, apparently we have to wait until all of society's other problems get solved before we can have rights too. Nevermind that not at all gay people are white men and plenty of the victims of genocide, slavery, and colonization were/are LGBT people too.

I don't care what reasons anyone uses to justify their opposition to my rights and the rights of other people like me, I for one am glad that a majority of the people of Australia have taken a stand for people like me.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Oh I've definitely been told by others that we gay people don't win the Oppression Olympics. Apparently we're selfish just for wanting to get married or not get fired for no other reason than being gay, apparently we have to wait until all of society's other problems get solved before we can have rights too. Nevermind that not at all gay people are white men and plenty of the victims of genocide, slavery, and colonization were/are LGBT people too.

I don't care what reasons anyone uses to justify their opposition to my rights and the rights of other people like me, I for one am glad that a majority of the people of Australia have taken a stand for people like me.
    Wrong thread for all of this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    Considering the Australian vote, it seems on topic to me.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Seems relevant. https://www.theguardian.com/australi...urvey#comments
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Shit. Maybe this was the plan the whole time:

How the Roy Moore scandal could help President Trump fire Robert S. Mueller III
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.be32e979b9a2
    No. I'm sorry, this is not some four-dimensional chess move planned out by Trump to get Sessions his old job back... because if he wanted a flawed candidate like Moore as the guy on the ballot, Trump wouldn't have endorsed Luther Strange in the primary and thrown a tantrum on Twitter when he lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Why does the chart list Obama on his own multiple times?
    Gohmert's spirochetes digging into his brain tissue, I'd guess.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Considering the Australian vote, it seems on topic to me.
    I would be all broken up if it weren't, my man.

I would be all broken up if it weren't, my man.
    Don't be so sensitive.