Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Is there any indication he won't?

I don't see anything in the articles I found about the Kentucky vote that touch on major obstruction. It seems that everything's on track.
    Apparently Tennessee is going through the exact same discussion at the moment, and it's going less well there, so the pessimism is understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Apparently Tennessee is going through the exact same discussion at the moment, and it's going less well there, so the pessimism is understandable.
    Now I'm wondering if I was thinking of Tennessee with my previous response.

oh WBE-eeeeee...

https://amp.thedailybeast.com/peter-....co/u0o8y9th8T

Peter Boykin, the founder of the right-wing activist group “Gays for Trump” who is running for the North Carolina House of Representatives, believes transgender troops “would be our weakest link.”

Speaking to The Daily Beast, Boykin said he believed that transgender soldiers are “mentally challenged” and too expensive for the military

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Peter Boykin, the founder of the right-wing activist group “Gays for Trump” who is running for the North Carolina House of Representatives, believes transgender troops “would be our weakest link.”

Speaking to The Daily Beast, Boykin said he believed that transgender soldiers are “mentally challenged” and too expensive for the military
    Peter seems to have misspelled F-35. Easy mistake...

Too expensive for the military!? They just passed a seven hundred BILLION dollar defense spending bill!
    There is NOTHING too expensive for the military!

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Christ, here we go again with this ass. I think he thinks there is no such thing as a transgendered person.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Something of interest Illinois has a proposition to legalize the sale and growing of recreational marijuana. Wonder if it will pass and if that is going to piss off our conservative neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Something of interest Illinois has a proposition to legalize the sale and growing of recreational marijuana. Wonder if it will pass and if that is going to piss off our conservative neighbors.
    I can't answer the first but the answer to the second is not just yes, but Hell Yes. Expect a lawsuit (or at least threats of one) that basically says 'State's Rights' are for conservatives only.

That, more than anything else, is why I am no longer a registered Republican. Hypocrisy has stopped being something to hide and has instead become a badge of honor for my former party.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Conservatives in America have the most twisted set of ideals around, and all around that silly Bible. I think if Conservatives would put that book aside for a moment and think of their fellow man. They'd be okay. I've said it before and I'll say it again.
    If there was no death, there'd be no religion.
    Well, that probably is the origin of religion. Comfort for the living when a loved one dies. "He's in a better place now." But that alone isn't enough. You have to have a whole book describing that "better place."

Extraordinary Member

Conservatives in America have the most twisted set of ideals around, and all around that silly Bible. I think if Conservatives would put that book aside for a moment and think of their fellow man. They'd be okay. I've said it before and I'll say it again.
    A lot of conservatives are Evangelicals whose entire faith centers around the idea that because they believe they are auto going to heaven. It’s just a twisted way of saying “we’re better because we are part of our club”. At least I can kind of respect Catholicism because it actually requires you to work and be humble and serve and all the Jazz.

So many Evangelicals have a mindset that their faith gives them a license to do whatever they want morally (within reason) because they’ll be forgiven for being who they are and get a fast pass to heaven. You don’t see the same entitlement in other sects of Christianity and most other religions.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    A lot of conservatives are Evangelicals whose entire faith centers around the idea that because they believe they are auto going to heaven. It’s just a twisted way of saying “we’re better because we are part of our club”. At least I can kind of respect Catholicism because it actually requires you to work and be humble and serve and all the Jazz.

So many Evangelicals have a mindset that their faith gives them a license to do whatever they want morally (within reason) because they’ll be forgiven for being who they are and get a fast pass to heaven. You don’t see the same entitlement in other sects of Christianity and most other religions.
    And that's what makes evangelicals dangerous because of their rampant religious mania and unshakable belief that God is on their side, so they can say or do anything stupid or disgusting that they want. It's also why they can casually dismiss Donald Trump's racism, xenophobia and misogyny because they believe he was chosen by God to lead the nation.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I don't know why....rural Indiana is full of meth labs. We've had some from Illinois come here and then OD. Recently they found 2 dead at a gas station and the car had Illinois plates. How many people have OD'd on weed?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And that's what makes evangelicals dangerous because of their rampant religious mania and unshakable belief that God is on their side, so they can say or do anything stupid or disgusting that they want. It's also why they can casually dismiss Donald Trump's racism, xenophobia and misogyny because they believe he was chosen by God to lead the nation.
    And some believe his election is a sign that the Rapture is near or some kind of mumbo jumbo like that.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-12-2018 at 02:17 AM.

BANNED

I"m as atheist as it gets, but American 'conservatives' (they're radical extremists really, they don't have a conservative bone in their body) could be massively improved by actually reading that book instead of setting it aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I"m as atheist as it gets, but American 'conservatives' (they're radical extremists really, they don't have a conservative bone in their body) could be massively improved by actually reading that book instead of setting it aside.
    I suspect you may never have read it closely!

There are..of course..some heart warming passages in the New Testament. But some parts of it..especially, but not exclusively, the Old Testament...are eye waveringly strange, and would certainly be regarded as socially repressive by most humanitarian liberals.