BANNED

lol, this is what's called fighting back....He attacks me every day. He attacks me every day with barbarities". this is after he pussed out when trump went after his wife, among other things. those that support trump already know about his past statements, some of which were before a certain black radical gay muslim kenyan usurper broke into the white house and completely destroyed america, enslaved white people and invited the wrath of baby santa jesus on america

Fantastic Member

If guns and gun control weren't just part of a political agenda that both parties use for leverage for voters and approval then perhaps we could move forward in making laws that would help the US not be the mass murdering capital of the world. But being that's all they are to politicians, we can sit and watch the future as we have watched the past .... people saying one thing and doing another.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If Republicans want to save human lives, how about they start with keeping our servicemen and servicewomen out of foreign wars like the GOP launched in Iraq and Afghanistan and are hot to repeat in Iran.
    I don't believe these wars should be lumped together like this. Invading Afghanistan was necessary, post 9/11. It had to be done. Just a shame Bush used the mood to justify invading Iraq, which was wrong and based on lies and greed. Likewise, attacking Iran would be insanity, but as I said earlier we may have no choice but to deploy in Syria soon.

I like to imagine a world where the only weapons people can get are Buster Swords. You want to murder someone? Here's your giant sword. Want to get into a knife fight? Make sure you both have your giant swords. Drive by? Good luck fitting it in the car. We could literally live in a world where 99% of people could never even hope to life the only other weapon available, let alone hurt someone with it, and people would still say it's just as easy as killing people with a gun.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

I'm concerned about all the gun violence in this country, but I'm also concerned that some of the ideas that some of the more strict proponents of gun control are putting forth would create a proabition situation in this country which swaps guns for booze. Do you realize that their are more guns then people in this country. That tells me that their is clearly an insane demand for guns. Their is a reason that the NRA has the clout that it does and I'm not sure de facto gun banning would be a good thing in a country where so many people thing it's their God given right to have a gun. One thing is for certain though, any attempt at gun control should be put in place before 3d printing technology becomes common place. It's possible to make guns with that technology and the democratization of gun manufacturing that 3d technology might bring, would make gun control a lot more difficult.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I'm concerned about all the gun violence in this country, but I'm also concerned that some of the ideas that some of the more strict proponents of gun control are putting forth would create a proabition situation in this country which swaps guns for booze. Do you realize that their are more guns then people in this country. That tells me that their is clearly an insane demand for guns. Their is a reason that the NRA has the clout that it does and I'm not sure de facto gun banning would be a good thing in a country where so many people thing it's their God given right to have a gun. One thing is for certain though, any attempt at gun control should be put in place before 3d printing technology becomes common place. It's possible to make guns with that technology and the democratization of gun manufacturing that 3d technology might bring, would make gun control a lot more difficult.
    Thank you for that nightmare thought. Now how are we meant to sleep tonight?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    I don't believe these wars should be lumped together like this. Invading Afghanistan was necessary, post 9/11. It had to be done. Just a shame Bush used the mood to justify invading Iraq, which was wrong and based on lies and greed. Likewise, attacking Iran would be insanity, but as I said earlier we may have no choice but to deploy in Syria soon.
    If the point of attacking Afghanistan was to get Bin Laden, then it was an utter failure. If the idea was to respond to 9/11 with a swift demonstration of American power, then it failed there too since given the disparity between the forces there's no reason why it should have lasted this long. And just to make perfectly clear that this latest episode of military ineptitude wasn't a complete fluke we go and make a mess of Iraq too. No doubt the same would happen if we went into Iran or Syria or now, which is why we aren't going to no matter what kind of provocations ISIS or anyone else throws at us.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    If the point of attacking Afghanistan was to get Bin Laden, then it was an utter failure. If the idea was to respond to 9/11 with a swift demonstration of American power, then it failed there too since given the disparity between the forces there's no reason why it should have lasted this long. And just to make perfectly clear that this latest episode of military ineptitude wasn't a complete fluke we go and make a mess of Iraq too. No doubt the same would happen if we went into Iran or Syria or now, which is why we aren't going to no matter what kind of provocations ISIS or anyone else throws at us.
    I agree, at the same time there was absolutely no way that attack could have been responded to any other way. It was going to result in an invasion and it really didn't matter who was the president or held congress. We were going in no matter what. Iraq was a shitty vendetta.

BANNED

via Reuters

Baltimore judge not dropping charges against 6 Baltimore PD cops involved in Freddie Gray death

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Agreed. Going into Syria to take out ISIS would be another colossal mistake that would cost more trillions and more lives of our servicemen and servicewomen. What worries me is if by some miracle we do destroy ISIS or mortally wound the organization into irrelevance, chances are it'll probably be replaced by something infinitely worse, and the madness will continue.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Per the Moody's model for predicting presidential elections... Democrats will win in an electoral landslide in 2016, regardless of the final chosen candidates. It uses economic factors like the stock market, unemployment, and oil prices to determine if the party in power is granted continued stewardship of the country. And it has predicted every election correctly since 1980.

Nate Silver, meanwhile, is seeing everyone reading into the tea leaves that are primary polls too much, and would like everyone to please calm down.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

because Nate Silver is a logical human being

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Agreed. Going into Syria to take out ISIS would be another colossal mistake that would cost more trillions and more lives of our servicemen and servicewomen. What worries me is if by some miracle we do destroy ISIS or mortally wound the organization into irrelevance, chances are it'll probably be replaced by something infinitely worse, and the madness will continue.
    This isn't just about IS. There's the hundreds of thousands of refugees causing the worst refugee crisis since WWII. The Borderless State is collapsing and Far Right parties are gaining power.

Alternative suggestions to invasion are welcome, unless that suggestion is to continue the current policy of burying our heads and hoping it goes away. But Syria MUST be dealt with. Somehow.

Astonishing Member

The US should increase aid and support to the forces already in Syria, but the last thing we need is for them to screw up another Middle East region in an endless war that ends of costing thousands of lives and trillions of dollars.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    The US should increase aid and support to the forces already in Syria, but the last thing we need is for them to screw up another Middle East region in an endless war that ends of costing thousands of lives and trillions of dollars.
    agreed, that is not our problem right now