Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Are you saying guns arent used for recreational purposes in other countries?

Also i guess people just want to follow what your constitution currently says, which is the law of the land and currently give people in the states the right to keep and bear arms, people cant do anything about it unless there is a change in the constitution as mandate by what it dictates.
    The extent of what the Constitution says about guns has always been open for debate. It says "a well regulated militia" and how much regulation depends on the make up of the Court. Background checks and removing military weapons (which is the Dem platform) are not unconstitutional. But the NRA oppose all restrictions, including restricting terrorist and the mentally ill. And Republicans and the NRA are in lock step.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Nearly every one of the original 13 colonies passes what amounted to a concealed weapons ban pretty fast, and in the old west most towns had laws against carrying weapons in town. The current interpretation of the 2nd Amendment is fairly recent.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Here in Indiana, they want to even remove the need to get a permit for concealed carry because it makes you wait to get your hot little hands on a shootin' iron.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Here in Indiana, they want to even remove the need to get a permit for concealed carry because it makes you wait to get your hot little hands on a shootin' iron.
    They want to do the same here in Nevada, but I'm not sold on it.

It may have been mentioned, but here in TX a guy has a bill to get rid of licensing for OPEN carry. Yeesh.
    Maybe it's because of where I live but in the year or two of open carry thus far, I have seen exactly ONE open carrier.
    At a Starbucks.
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
    It may have been mentioned, but here in TX a guy has a bill to get rid of licensing for OPEN carry. Yeesh.
    Maybe it's because of where I live but in the year or two of open carry thus far, I have seen exactly ONE open carrier.
    At a Starbucks.
    Austin is the 'Vatican City' of Texas IMO, almost it's own independent state within a state. But considering the rest of TX I wouldn't have it any other way, as I was born there.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The extent of what the Constitution says about guns has always been open for debate. It says "a well regulated militia" and how much regulation depends on the make up of the Court. Background checks and removing military weapons (which is the Dem platform) are not unconstitutional. But the NRA oppose all restrictions, including restricting terrorist and the mentally ill. And Republicans and the NRA are in lock step.
    Once upon a time, people thought the Sandy Hook nightmare would be THE tipping point that would usher in real, potent and significant gun control measures, sadly, thanks to Republicans and the NRA, that never happened. Not even the near assassination of a member of Congress (Gabby Giffords) by a gun toting psycho managed to change the dynamic, something that told me the GOP put blood money from the NRA ahead of everything and everybody.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

State Department employee accused of making false statements

I wonder what this is about

A veteran State Department employee has been arrested on charges that she made false statements to federal investigators.

Candace Claiborne appeared in federal court in Washington on Wednesday, shortly after her arrest.

Federal prosecutors are asking that Claiborne be placed on home confinement, and a decision on that request could come later Wednesday.

Family members of Claiborne who were in court declined to comment.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Six Ways to Tell if Trump Is Sabotaging Obamacare

With the president pulling the vote to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, both the media and health experts have correctly zeroed in what may be the crucial test for Trump and health care going forward: governing responsibly when it comes to the ACA or sabotage. If the president is seen as purposely seeking to destroy the ACA to try to make his claims come true, he will destroy the trust he needs for any chance at future bipartisan legislation.

Unfortunately, Trump’s initial comments after the failure of the Republican replacement bill gave the impression he was cheering for the ACA to fail and for Democrats to come back crawling to work with him. But the president cannot separate himself from health-care cost increases any more than he can separate himself from the economy. For good or ill, presidents tend to own both. And the least-effective way to bring Democrats to the table to help give the president a bipartisan legislative victory would be to give every impression that he is taking non-legislative and administrative actions to sabotage the ACA.

Do it.
    'Cards Against Humanity' Creator Vows To Buy And Publish Congress's Internet History'

http://www.distractify.com/trending/...e5bb027685425d

BANNED

New immigration policies put domestic violence victims at risk

Though Trump routinely invokes public safety as his justification for mass deportation, the immigration policies he has begun putting in place instead threaten to protect the perpetrators of violence by making their victims less likely to come forward and report them to the police.

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    Do it.
    'Cards Against Humanity' Creator Vows To Buy And Publish Congress's Internet History'

http://www.distractify.com/trending/...e5bb027685425d
    I said as much. If this person doesn't do it, many others will try including News and Media.

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Well actually in say Japan, guns are thought to serve no purpose and it is almost impossible to get one.

While I am half American, I live in Canada and Canada has no second amendment. You can get a hunting riffle with some effort, hand guns are frowned upon though. There gun ranges where you csn shoot guns, but the guns are property of the ranges themselves and you can't take the guns off them.

So yeah other countries do see guns differently then the US and the US does have a higher rate of gun violence then other western countries.

I still think gun culture rather then the second amendment is the real problem though.
    If we count gun violence as murder or homicides by firearm then the country with highest rate of gun violence is Honduras.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    If we count gun violence as murder or homicides by firearm then the country with highest rate of gun violence is Honduras.
    That is why I said Western countries, as in Western democracies, first world countries. The US has a lower rate of gun violence than many developing countries, but has a far higher rate of gun violence then other first world countries.