Page 255 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 1552052452512522532542552562572582592653053557551255 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 104733
    It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

So on the bus is OK?
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    first, the US is the bad guy for getting involved everywhere, now everyone is screaming for the US to get involved in a place wherew we spent the last decade simply stemming the tide

I, for one, say no...let that part of the world go, or let Europe handle it, we don't need the oil from over there anymore, nor is there anything else there worth the headaches
    IDK. I'm not a fan of nation-building and I don't think we should be in the business of toppling regimes and placing friendly ones in their place, but it seems like there's a humanitarian need here. From all reports, ISIS isn't Saddam or a disorganized, multinational terrorist organization. These guys want power, not wealth or destruction. And they are slaughtering people indiscriminately.

Perhaps our great ally, Israel, can step in and take some shots?

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    So on the bus is OK?
    I guess that depends on what city you're in. I feel safer (and less gross) on the NYC bus than I do on the subway. Plus, the rats aren't watching you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Kusa San View Post
    IDK. I'm not a fan of nation-building and I don't think we should be in the business of toppling regimes and placing friendly ones in their place, but it seems like there's a humanitarian need here. From all reports, ISIS isn't Saddam or a disorganized, multinational terrorist organization. These guys want power, not wealth or destruction. And they are slaughtering people indiscriminately.

Perhaps our great ally, Israel, can step in and take some shots?
    and then what? its the same question I asked when Saddam was booted out, sure it was a great moment but it was only a matter of time before the warlords popped up to get their piece

and that seems to be the situation here....I agree on the humanitarian need, but to what end? what is it going to take to stabilize that part of the world to the point where stuff like this isn't a normal occurence?

BANNED

I guess that depends on what city you're in. I feel safer (and less gross) on the NYC bus than I do on the subway. Plus, the rats aren't watching you.
    honestly, whenever I head to NYC, id much take the train/subway over the bus

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    In other news (literally), the ebola stuff is scaring me.
    The worst outbreak of ebola ever hasn't killed 1000 people yet, and the only reason why it's the worst outbreak ever is because the region was previously free from the disease and they haven't got any experience containing it (plus urban myths like doctors spreading it).

It's just Donald Trump being well... Donald Trump.

Astonishing Member

and then what? its the same question I asked when Saddam was booted out, sure it was a great moment but it was only a matter of time before the warlords popped up to get their piece

and that seems to be the situation here....I agree on the humanitarian need, but to what end? what is it going to take to stabilize that part of the world to the point where stuff like this isn't a normal occurence?
    Going after Saddam was a mistake to begin with, but ISIS isn't the same thing.

I don't know. And I'm damn glad I'm not the one who has to make these decisions.

honestly, whenever I head to NYC, id much take the train/subway over the bus
    *scoffs* The subway is much easier to use and so much faster. It really depends on where in the city you're traveling. I'd rather take the bus anywhere than the D line. But if I could take Metro North (Harlem line, not your awful Connecticut trains) anywhere in NYC, I'd choose that. But the D line... *shudder* Granted, I'm usually traveling from the Bronx to west 59th if I'm not taking the Harlem line straight to Grand Central.

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    We've had violence between Islamic and Yezidis youths in my state now, and a few Yezidis protests. It really looks like ISIS is attempting a genocides of the Yezidis and the world should not stand by and watch that. I think more countries than just the US should get involved in those air strikes and air relief operations.
    President Obama, in his speech last night, did acknowledge the U.S. had people consulting with the United Nations, and the thousands of people being starved out on a mountain was a humanitarian crisis we shouldn't allow. If I remember right, he did mention Sudan, which both the Bush administration and United Nations sat on their hands during.

So yeah, I agree, pip. And I think we're looking at the blue helmets we haven't seen much since Yugoslavia in the 90s.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member

Once in NYC, I got down on the bus too early, took the subway the rest of the way to my destination, and got there before the bus.

So basically buses are for suckers.

Going after Saddam was a mistake to begin with, but ISIS isn't the same thing.
    Yeah, kicking Saddam out wasn't a relief. That was us trying to reshape the world in our image and we shouldn't have been in their first place. Saddam's sadistic son (was it Qusay?) would be masturbating to ISIS right now if he was still alive.

Once in NYC, I got down on the bus too early, took the subway the rest of the way to my destination, and got there before the bus.
    I didn't say it was faster. If you can get to your destination by subway, then you're usually better off. But that doesn't change the fact that you might sit down in pee or next to someone with a bag of fish.

BANNED

*scoffs* The subway is much easier to use and so much faster. It really depends on where in the city you're traveling. I'd rather take the bus anywhere than the D line. But if I could take Metro North (Harlem line, not your awful Connecticut trains) anywhere in NYC, I'd choose that. But the D line... *shudder* Granted, I'm usually traveling from the Bronx to west 59th if I'm not taking the Harlem line straight to Grand Central.
    Public transit is not the highest priority here in CT, which is sad

And you guys even have beverage cars! You could be living the high life but no.....

Astonishing Member

It's basically nonexistent in Texas.

Public transportation alone is why I can't wait to graduate and settle in Boston for good.