Page 258 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 1582082482542552562572582592602612622683083587581258 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 104733
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Kusa San View Post
    Died in the wool Maroon.
    You know who else went there....?

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    o jeez the Texas college football fan in you both has bubbled to the surface

Im from CT, we do basketball up here...our football team isn't that great

so do you hate your interstate rival or Oklahoma more?
    I personally don't give a **** about football, but there's more animosity with Okahoma. The A&M thing is more one-sided on their part.

The Nazis?
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

BANNED

That was my first thought (well, Hitler but..).

Spectacular Member Puppetmaker Grae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    George Galloway, darling of the radical left, shows his radical left-wing credentials by saying no Israeli is to be allowed in Bradford.

Not just "boycott goods and services" over Gaza, boycott humans.

George, never again claim you're opposed to racism and other forms of bigotry. You have lost the right. (You've also told a bunch of your constituents "your relatives can't visit".) And you can't call yourself anti-war anymore cos by saying "illegal... state", you're saying the entire country needs to go away - only one way to do THAT - and uh, how you gonna stop someone entering Bradford and walking around? All you've got is violence, George. You have to use violence on people because of their nationality, George, sort of declare war on them. But who will do it? Maybe there should be some group in easily identifiable shirts.

(Syria's dictatorship has been killing and brutalising Palestinians for years now, but no Galloway statement about banning them. Nothing about Sudan or Sri Lanka either. Hmmmm.)
    George Galloway, darling of George Galloway. Credibility ever decreasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    You know who else went there....?
    I ignore that alumnus.

I personally don't give a **** about football, but there's more animosity with Okahoma. The A&M thing is more one-sided on their part.
    Pfft... one sided. Learn your history, boy.

Tennessee's Republican State Legislature decided to follow Florida's lead, and start drug testing all those pesky addicts living off the government dole (even though Florida didn't find that many, and lost money on the idea).

So far, they've got one person on drugs out of 800. Or .12% of people on welfare, can actually afford illegal drugs.

Your Republican Party again proves it's the party of fiscal responsibility, throwing money away on finding problems that don't significantly statistically exist.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 08-08-2014 at 06:32 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Pfft... one sided. Learn your history, boy.
    as a fan of college ball in general, I enjoy watching the Texas/A&M/Oklahoma/OSU folks play each other and go at it

the rivalries are fun down there

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Yeah, kicking Saddam out wasn't a relief. That was us trying to reshape the world in our image and we shouldn't have been in their first place. Saddam's sadistic son (was it Qusay?) would be masturbating to ISIS right now if he was still alive.
    A friend I used to know would vehemently disagree. He used to say that the only reason the U.S. went after Saddam was because Bush Jr. needed someone to punish for 9/11 or he wouldn't have gotten a second term, and since we couldn't find Osama bin Laden at the time, Dubya chose his daddy's old sparring partner from Desert Storm. And there we are. Admittedly this is me being hideously simplistic, or just plain simple, but the Middle East has been pretty much a clusterfuck ever since the Last Supper, and nothing a babe in the woods like America can do will ever change the neverending madness in that part of the world.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A friend I used to know would vehemently disagree. He used to say that the only reason the U.S. went after Saddam was because Bush Jr. needed someone to punish for 9/11 or he wouldn't have gotten a second term, and since we couldn't find Osama bin Laden at the time, Dubya chose his daddy's old sparring partner from Desert Storm. And there we are. Admittedly this is me being hideously simplistic, or just plain simple, but the Middle East has been pretty much a clusterfuck ever since the Last Supper, and nothing a babe in the woods like America can do will ever change the neverending madness in that part of the world.
    I read a "great" suggestion on some random article...that we should lower a giant dome over the whole region and let them fight it out for 5 years...whoever is left standing gets to run the region

Side note: I love college football and all... but why are we talking about it in the News & Politics Thread, guys? This thing gets enough posts already.

Astonishing Member

Yeah we got way off topic, but tbh I like the natural conversation flow. I hope they just move it to CBR Chat instead of deleting everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Yeah we got way off topic, but tbh I like the natural conversation flow. I hope they just move it to CBR Chat instead of deleting everything.
    I started a College Football thread. Seemed like it was time.

Have to remember to start the NFL Season, instead of "Off-Season" thread in a couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I started a College Football thread. Seemed like it was time.

Have to remember to start the NFL Season, instead of "Off-Season" thread in a couple weeks.
    College football thread? I'm off to taunt Longhorns. Politics is far below college football on my list.

ALTHOUGH, we could incorporate discussions of the current lawsuits and discussions about college athletes, unions, and Congress into our rivalry bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I read a "great" suggestion on some random article...that we should lower a giant dome over the whole region and let them fight it out for 5 years...whoever is left standing gets to run the region
    I often feel that way about the state capitol in Texas, but I fear Perry would actually win.

BANNED

College football thread? I'm off to taunt Longhorns. Politics is far below college football on my list.

ALTHOUGH, we could incorporate discussions of the current lawsuits and discussions about college athletes, unions, and Congress into our rivalry bashing.
    the NCAA is getting raked over the coals lately...and rightly so