Page 453 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 3534034434494504514524534544554564574635035539531453 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,795 of 104733

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Guys, I used to think the GOP consisted of crazy nutjobs, but then I saw this video and maybe they're not so bad after all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iff7mNsGK50
    People understand that Republicans are people. Republicans need to learn that people who are not Republican are still people.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    I'm sorry, Clark, but complaining about opinions and entertainment in the media and then complaining that reporters have become stenographers is contradictory. Either you want the color of viewpoint or you don't.

It also places the blame in the wrong places. There are a lot of great reporters out there that would love to do more serious investigative journalism. It's the people that hold the purse strings that refuse to fund it, the lazy readers and viewers who pass it over for a reblogged Gawker story about Kim Kardashian's vagina that consign it to irrelevancy. Another problem is the "get it first and right now" attitude caused by the internet. When I started out as a reporter, we did enterprise reporting. That meant we'd investigate a topic for a long, detailed story that wasn't generated by a news event or an announcement. Could be a week, could be a month, could be longer. There's just not time for that in most newsrooms now.
    The problem is that today's reporters take what a politician says as if it were fact and then give their opinion on it, when what they should be doing is investigating what the politician said, to determine if it in fact, is actually true. If one side bases their argument on facts and the other side bases their argument on bullshit, it is not a violation of objectivity to point out where the bullshit lies.

BANNED

some **** doesn't even need to be investigated because it so obvious that it's bullshit, but the msm will still regurgitate with a 'he said/she said' or "some people say". perfect example was the death panel itching to kill your granny bs

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    A police officer being fired for shooting a civilian without cause? That DOES blow my mind.
    In SC no doubt!

It's our latest reminder of what a crock the statement "Nuh uh. Both parties are just as bad," actually is...

It’s Your Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day!

(Those who those who really felt the "Both Parties are Just as Bad" statement were challenged to write your own essays each day, to keep pace with me, if it's actually "just as bad". Keep in mind, they had to pick someone from politics who has either ran for, held office within the past 5 years, and have multiple verifiable news sources to any quotes/beliefs they might have to build a solid, established track record of stupid that clearly isn't a fluke. Hell, we'll even accept people who help write party platforms within that time frame. Current crazy/stupid scoreboard, is now 70-2, since this was established on 7-18-14)

Sam Brownback

Sam Brownback has just about done it all in American politics. He’s served in the House, the Senate (where he once pushed for a bill to block stem cell research for fear people would create human/animal hybrids!), and even made a brief run for president in 2008, before dropping out of the race and endorsing John McCain. But it’s the job he’s done as the Governor of Kansas (being elected in spite of being revealed to have ties to Lou Engle, a minister calling for gays to be killed in Uganda during the campaign) that shows the current Republican economic plan of stimulating an economy by slashing taxes to record lows is foolhardy, at least, and disastrous, at worst. It places him deep into the “stupid” category, more than the “crazy”. This hard right ideologue was thought to be a poster-child for the modern GOP with his zealous execution of Republican talking points, and it’s only now that the rest of the party is realizing that perhaps that might not be a good thing.
    Let’s start by looking at his work in trying to prevent every abortion in his state…

Brownback’s been trying to boot all moderate Republicans out of any statewide office he can, and his quest for power even includes thumbing his nose at the federal government, including signing a gun bill that would attempt to nullify federal gun laws (which also caused his state to be sued).

When he hasn’t been defending his state from people using Sharia Law in the courts (which has never, and apparently had no chance of ever happening, anyway), he’s been using his office (but not state resources) to promote prayer events he’s speaking out, while censoring artists for criticizing him, and even siccing his staff on high school students who post bad things about him on Twitter (really).

But how is he on the economy? (Hint: Not so good.)

Now, if the near three quarter of a billion dollar budget shortfall isn’t an indicator of Sam Brownback’s phenomenal incompetence, perhaps it’s the fact that his administration has become so desperate for money that they’ve started auctioning off sex toys seized from companies in tax settlements. That’s right, the “Family Values” Republican is wheeling and dealing to recoup whatever funds he can on furry handcuffs and vibrators to solve that budget shortfall (and still won’t even come close to doing so).

He’s such a colossal f***-up that over 100 members of his own party from Kansas actually endorsed his Democratic opponent for governor this year.

And that story gives me hope. That there are still actual moderate Republicans out there who will turn on idiots like Brownback rather than follow them into a ditch like a bunch of stupid lemmings, blinded by partisan politics. And the last time I checked, he’s trailing Paul Davis by 4 points, on the average, in all polls. Hopefully for the people of Kansas, that holds, and he’ll be relegated to being a laughingstock, like he deserves.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I'm surprised Brownback is only trailing by 4 points after his economic policies, straight from the GOP "Cut Taxes On The Rich & Increase Them Out The Ass On Everybody Else" playbook wrecked his state. I can't understand how Kansas residents still support this fool who basically slit their throats while taking money out of their pockets. Here in Pennsylvania, Tepid Tom Corbett, despite not having done anything THAT incredibly stupid (unless you count his kissing up to the fracking industry by not taxing them while strangling state school budgets, especially in Philadelphia) trails Democrat Tom Wolf by somewhere around 24 points when last I checked. I'm sure Corbett will join Brownback as ex-governors.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'm surprised Brownback is only trailing by 4 points after his economic policies, straight from the GOP "Cut Taxes On The Rich & Increase Them Out The Ass On Everybody Else" playbook wrecked his state. I can't understand how Kansas residents still support this fool who basically slit their throats while taking money out of their pockets. Here in Pennsylvania, Tepid Tom Corbett, despite not having done anything THAT incredibly stupid (unless you count his kissing up to the fracking industry by not taxing them while strangling state school budgets, especially in Philadelphia) trails Democrat Tom Wolf by somewhere around 24 points when last I checked. I'm sure Corbett will join Brownback as ex-governors.
    What's the matter with Kansas indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    A few people in my Facebook feed are currently discussing buying out Kansas' sex toy cache at bargain basement prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Time for a mass emigration to OZ.

Remember a little over a week ago when the C/SGOPOTD was Doug Lamborn?

Well, it seems we have an update.

In spite of the fact that the United States is currently gearing up an offensive against the terrorist group ISIS/ISIL in Syria and Iraq... Lamborn just pitched the traitorous idea that American military generals should resign to protest President Obama's foreign policy. While it is a violation of their oath of office to carry out the orders of the chief executive in the interests of the state unless it is illegal... Lamborn would have them quit their posts over his own partisan agenda.

In the middle of a campaign against terrorists. Because Obama won't go "full tilt" and is limiting it to bombing raids at the moment. He wants these generals to be able to go all out, or do nothing to show how unhappy they might be about how the war's being carried out.

What. A. Nut.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 09-26-2014 at 05:19 PM.

Insults? Tsk, tsk.

BANNED

Whoa, something happened, huh?

Brownback sounds like something that happens when Santorum gets out of control.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Brownback sounds like something that happens when Santorum gets out of control.
    Ba-dum dum, Tish

It's our latest reminder of what a crock the statement "Nuh uh. Both parties are just as bad," actually is...

It’s Your Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day!

(And please, for those who those who really felt the "Both Parties are Just as Bad" statement is defensible, remember, I'm still challenging you to write your own essays each day, to keep pace with me, if it's actually "just as bad". Keep in mind, you have to pick someone from politics who has either ran for, held office within the past 5 years, and have multiple verifiable news sources to any quotes/beliefs they might have to build a solid, established track record of stupid that clearly isn't a fluke. Hell, we'll even accept people who help write party platforms within that time frame. Current crazy/stupid scoreboard, is now 71-2, since this was established on 7-18-14)

Steve King

If you’re going to be reading this, I suggest you take a moment to find a comfortable chair, and get a beverage and/or snack. This is a bit of a long read, because Steve King, from Iowa’s 4th district is a real “variety pack” kind of nutter, who most would place on the “Crazy Republican” Top 3 medal stand with Michelle Bachmann and Louis Gohmert. I’ll give you a moment to prepare.

Okay, ready?

(Oh, there's more coming...)