Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    He's literally responding to the same bullshit super predators attack line you spew every goddamn day.
    Huh. Have you actually listened to the audio? He's saying that what you say has been debunked was indeed actually the case.

Either it's debunked or it's not. You can't have both.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I don't know what everyone here's ages are, but I'm well old enough to remember 1993. I think those who are also old enough are going to understand the level of violence going on in cities and the country asa a whole, and understand to need to find a solution to that violence.

It may not have been the best solution, but at the time it seemed like it could be. When you can't see the future, you do your best to deal with the present.
    One of the problems with people. Not you specifically. Just people in general. Is that they whole heartily believe the myth of black on black crime.

According to many crime statistics, CDC, FBI, Dept of Homeland Security. Blacks kill blacks between 85-90% of the time.
    Whites kill whites at 83-85% of the time.

Here's a good read if you want to check them out. I'm 42 so I know the 90's and lived in Philly at the time. With blacks being 13% of the population deaths byu our own DO hurt us more, percentage wise.
    But white crimes get shoveled under the rug. Especially by mainstream media, and FOX news in general.

Don't you ever say 'black on black crime' again
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/8...ck-crime-again

Ever.
    Don't say it.

Don't think it.

Don't write it.

Don't spell it on Scrabble.

Don't even see what other words you can make with the letters that form black on black crime.

It is the dumbest, most ridiculously racist phrase used to describe crime in the world right now.

Have you ever heard anybody talk about white on white crime? Have you ever seen any white folk march about white crime, have conferences or gatherings focused on white on white crime? Don't lie—you know you haven't.

Almost all crime in America is committed intra-racially. That is to say, the overwhelming majority of crimes are committed by a racial group against that same group.

Yet, the only race-based phrase to ever describe crime is black on black.

BANNED

[QUOTE=Shawn Hopkins;1924522]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Why would he know what the Metro card is if hes from a state that doesn't use them?
    Also he's 72, He lived in NEw York at a time when Metro cards didn't exist.

Andrea Mitchell, MRS. GREENSPAN, as in ALAN GREENSPAN. Mr. Wallstreet himself, is disingenuous. But I guess that facts mean nothing. Right?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ernie-sanders/

I know you're looking hard for something to attack Clinton with, but if your sources are from the Moonie Times, no one is even going to listen to your argument. They make Fox News look like a model of integrity. And they have a long-standing hate-boner for Clinton and have been printing pro-Sanders pieces to attack her. You're being played by the right-wing media.
    How about Clinton Attacking the man she now hides behind?
    Clinton attacked Obama, MERCILESSLY!!

From her own mouth.

BANNED

Clinton vs Obama on Guns...

NOW. Funny enough. I think Clinton is MORE progressive than Bernie on the gun issue. But as a former gun owner. I understand Bernies take on the issue. I'd side with the Clinton of TODAY, over the Clinton of 2008 on the issue of guns.

But O'malley was more Progressive than she OR Bernie. I'd stand with him before either of them.

BANNED

Again Hillary attacks Barack.

Shame on you Barack Obama! Shame on you!

People tend to segregate themselves into ethnic groups. Most murder victims die at the hands of someone they knew. Put those two together and most killings are "X on X".

And when it comes to gun control - can we get someone with common sense involved, please? Not the idiots who want the right to carry into bars, and not the idiots who frame assault weapon bans based on how the handle is shaped, or issue executive orders preventing the sale of old military weapons such as the M-1 Garrand (mainly popular with WWII reenactors, most of whom are the poster kids for responsible gun ownership) while allowing much more dangerous things to still be sold. Why are both sides of this debate controlled by absolute morons?
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Obama boys and Sexism 2008.

Obama has lost women 'with sexist campaign'

Geraldine Ferraro, the only woman to run on a major party presidential ticket and a supporter of Hillary Clinton, has accused Barack Obama of conducting a "terribly sexist" campaign.

"Should I ratify how the Obama campaign has been run by voting for him? I am going to have to think very hard about that," she said.
    Some other partisan female Clinton supporters have already insisted that they will either vote for Mr McCain or write the former First Lady's name on the ballot in November, in retaliation for her allegedly sexist treatment by the media and fellow Democrats.
    With just three primaries to come in early June, Mr Obama has in effect sewn up the Democratic nomination after the long, close and often bitter battle with Mrs Clinton. But to beat Mr McCain he must now win back legions of disappointed Clinton supporters.
    Mr Obama has built his success on strong backing from blacks, urban liberals and the young, but he has struggled to win the support of female, white working-class and rural voters. If he cannot woo those crucial voting blocs, he faces defeat in key swing states that will determine the presidency.
    Hillary has a certain playbook when it comes to male opponents. It drive me nuts.

More....

Hillary Clinton laments 'sexism' in Obama's 2008 campaign

Hillary Clinton on Tuesday reflected on the 2008 presidential campaign and dinged team Obama for its allegedly sexist schemes. In an appearance on Good Morning America, Clinton said that after ending her presidential campaign, she and Obama "had an awkward but necessary meeting to clear the air on a couple of issues, and one of them was the sexism that, unfortunately, was present in that '08 campaign."

Now she uses the same thing against Bernie. Read the article for context. It was written in 2014, so WELL before Bernie or she had begun to run for POTUS.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    People tend to segregate themselves into ethnic groups. Most murder victims die at the hands of someone they knew. Put those two together and most killings are "X on X".

And when it comes to gun control - can we get someone with common sense involved, please? Not the idiots who want the right to carry into bars, and not the idiots who frame assault weapon bans based on how the handle is shaped, or issue executive orders preventing the sale of old military weapons such as the M-1 Garrand (mainly popular with WWII reenactors, most of whom are the poster kids for responsible gun ownership) while allowing much more dangerous things to still be sold. Why are both sides of this debate controlled by absolute morons?
    Honestly. O'malley is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But he is pretty damn progressive. If I were Clinton or Sanders, i'd give O'malley some position in helping draft gun laws, and amendments. He impresses me with responsibility.

2008 is not 2016.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Bernie is God and Hillary is evil incarnate. The whole thing bores me at this point. I think I'll just stop reading this thread until the primaries are over.
    Yeah, after catching up just now I think I'll have to find somewhere else to lurk for a while.

Man I need a new Computer so I can play more Fallouts

2008 is not 2016.
    So then what's the difference between the "Obama Boys" and "Bernie Bros" crap?

Quote Originally Posted by The S0/\/\@7ic Si/\/\[]Dl370n View Post
    So then what's the difference between the "Obama Boys" and "Bernie Bros" crap?
    No idea, don't look at me. I didn't even know there was an "Obama Boys" til now.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Bernie's excuse for calling Hillary unqualified was that she had called him unqualified first. But she did not. In fact, she was baited to say it and refused to.

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-pres...r-turn-n552321

SCARBOROUGH: But do you think he is qualified? And do you think he is able to deliver on the things he is promising to all these Democratic voters?
    CLINTON: Well, let me put it this way, Joe. I think that what he has been saying about the core issue in his whole campaign doesn't seem to be rooted in an understanding of either the law or the practical ways you get something done. And I will leave it to voters to decide who of us can do the job that the country needs, who can do all aspects of the job, both on the economic domestic issues and on national security and foreign policy.
    The difference (as you've pointed out several times) is that Hillary did call him unqualified, she's just wishy-washy and can't even commit to that fully because she wants plausible deniability. "I didn't say that" (explicitly, just said the exact same thing in about 5 times the words and told you to draw your own conclusions). It's dishonest and cowardly, but what else do you expect from her?

Agreed. He DOGGED Obama back in the day. Then when his wife lost to him. He tried to cozy up with Obama.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.salon.com/2008/03/06/commander_in_chief_2/

One of the things Hillary did was question Obama's qualifications. Especially with this ad.

Code:
    It’s 3 a.m. Who do you want answering the phone?
    Don't forget saying he'd be naive to attack Bin Laden in a country without the leadership's permission, then trying to glom onto his foreign policy success (and every other success he had, as if any of it were her idea).

2008 is not 2016.
    Ha! Best excuse of the day. "C'mon, '08 is so long ago. Can folks even be held accountable, surely there's a statute of limitations? Hey, check out this thing Bernie said 20 years ago..."

No idea, don't look at me. I didn't even know there was an "Obama Boys" til now.
    Well it's only been brought up about a dozen times in the thread, no reason you should have heard about it unless you were paying attention to what the other side was saying.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post

Here is the reality that all must accept. There are more guns than people in the United States. Literally there are more guns. There is no way to get these guns.

Lets say hypothetically guns are outlawed and you stop the sale of guns. You still have hundreds of millions of guns in circulation. Maybe some people turn theirs in but the people that turn theirs in are not the people going around killing people. A lot of cops and a lot of citizens will die as the govt tries to seize guns. Meanwhile criminals who use guns to kill will pay as much attention to the new law as they do the laws against murder. And since a whole ton of people will not obey these new laws we'll need to build a lot of prisons. Do we really want to start more mass incarcerations after how well thats worked out over the last 20 years?

We don't live in a country where gun ownership was low to begin with thus making a gun ban feasible. Guns literally outnumber people. For my state which has high gun ownership (and very low crime) I'm the exception in that there aren't more guns in my house than people (I have three guns. two Glock handguns and a Colt AR-15, and there are four people here). They can only be managed so any gun policy has to start with that in mind.
    Last edited by JediMindTrick; 04-07-2016 at 08:23 PM.

BANNED

Obama boys
    That's an unfortunate expression.
    Last edited by jeanvaljean; 04-07-2016 at 09:47 PM.