BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Ohio State Attacker Described Himself as a ‘Scared’ Muslim

No excusing what he did, but when there is talk about Anti-Muslim hate and rhetoric driving young Muslims to radicalize or act out, this is a good example of that.
    Making an excuse is exactly what you're doing.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Firstly, at the time of posting the BBC website reported it as a shooting. Secondly, it's less than 6 months since the worst shooting in US History, DO NOT act like gun violence isn't a problem in America because this one time an attack on a university campus wasn't done using guns.

[from BBC news] The college had warned students in a tweet to "Run Hide Fight", warning there was an "active shooter", though authorities later said the attacker did not use a firearm.

So if the college itself didn't know it wasn't a shooter, why blame legitimate news cites like the BBC for reporting that fact?

Exactly.

It's the name of the protocols that the university (and probably many, many more) have set up. When you say "Active Shooter" you are going to get people's attention quickly and alert them to get to a place of safety until the situation is handled. Then you can nitpick later about what weapon was used.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I've often said that taking the high road only gets you to drive off the side of a cliff like Thelma and Louise. And yes, I realize how much more that means this year, considering some of Susan Sarandon's comments.
    Oh no, I love Susan Sarandon. What did she say???
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Oh no, I love Susan Sarandon. What did she say???
    She was a Bernie supporter. She wasn't so happy with Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Melania Trump and his son (forget his name) will not be moving to the White House

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/20/politi...n-white-house/

now that may change after the school year is over, it may not

even Trump himself has asked his staff about how much time he has to spend in the WH

Your defending obama and his 70mill vacation tab by bemoaning that security will be used temporarily at trump towers. That is the worst false equivalency ive read in a while. Obama spent 8million just on his month long hawaii vacation in 2013/2014. So just stop with the faux outrage.

and the cnn article said it was temporary. So you just made the worst citation becouse it only undermines what little point you were trying to make.

"President-elect Donald Trump told reporters he will live in the White House after he takes the oath of office, but that his wife Melania and 10-year-old son Barron will be living in New York temporarily to allow their son to finish out the year at the same school.

During a photo op at his Bedminster Golf Club as he was saying goodbye to Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, Trump said yes when asked if he intended to live in the White House. Then when asked if Melania and Barron would move to Washington, he said "very soon. Right after he finishes school."
    Marvel and DC comics are no different than the food at McDonalds. It will fill you up but in the end bad for your health. Read more independent publishers. Get away from the corporate homogenous cookie cutter fast food comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    She was a Bernie supporter. She wasn't so happy with Hillary.
    and then was in the "maybe we deserve Trump" crowd

so she's fine watching the world burn because its not going to affect her much

Real climate control issues, real education issues, people with... shady (to be nice) racial pasts in high positions in the government, Russia influencing the election, FBI influencing an election, a whole government branch has hi jacked another (supreme court can't do its job), another school shooting, fucking syria nonsense, large protests over an oil pipeline going on right now

but vacation tabs and emails everyone! voter recounts because of some loon!

*shrug*

We DO deserve the world we have.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

and then was in the "maybe we deserve Trump" crowd

so she's fine watching the world burn because its not going to affect her much
    All I know is, if I hear one more person say "Bernie should have been the nominee instead of Hillary because he could have beaten Trump." My head is going to explode. I liked Bernie too, but I don't think he would have beaten Trump either.

We're stuck in the twilight zone for a while, but a few of those episodes had a happy ending.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Real climate control issues, real education issues, people with... shady (to be nice) racial pasts in high positions in the government, Russia influencing the election, FBI influencing an election, a whole government branch has hi jacked another (supreme court can't do its job), another school shooting, fucking syria nonsense, large protests over an oil pipeline going on right now

but vacation tabs and emails everyone! voter recounts because of some loon!
    Priorities, my friend. Priorities.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    All I know is, if I hear one more person say "Bernie should have been the nominee instead of Hillary because he could have beaten Trump." My head is going to explode. I liked Bernie too, but I don't think he would have beaten Trump either.

We're stuck in the twilight zone for a while, but a few of those episodes had a happy ending.
    It's strange logic. People say that as if Bernie didn't run...

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ospfwildcard View Post
    Your defending obama and his 70mill vacation tab by bemoaning that security will be used temporarily at trump towers. That is the worst false equivalency ive read in a while. Obama spent 8million just on his month long hawaii vacation in 2013/2014. So just stop with the faux outrage.

and the cnn article said it was temporary. So you just made the worst citation becouse it only undermines what little point you were trying to make.

"President-elect Donald Trump told reporters he will live in the White House after he takes the oath of office, but that his wife Melania and 10-year-old son Barron will be living in New York temporarily to allow their son to finish out the year at the same school.

During a photo op at his Bedminster Golf Club as he was saying goodbye to Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, Trump said yes when asked if he intended to live in the White House. Then when asked if Melania and Barron would move to Washington, he said "very soon. Right after he finishes school."
    I so want an article ...a factual article that states that $70 million was spent on Obama's vacations. And not a right wing , insane site that pulls figures out its ass. As an example President Bush as this claims took 1,000+ days of vacation in 8 years and spent $20+ million.

http://politic365.com/2012/05/08/oba...d-up-the-most/

Factcheck.org also backs up the 1,000+ days of vacation...

http://www.factcheck.org/2014/08/pre...ial-vacations/

So , somehow Barack Obama who took way less vacations racked up $50 million more in costs ? Not fucking likely.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanson724 View Post
    Making an excuse is exactly what you're doing.
    When there is an epidemic of people going into crowded theaters and yelling "Fire!" you have to ask why is this happening and how do we stop it? If you don't ask those questions, the situation will just keep getting worse.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I so want an article ...a factual article that states that $70 million was spent on Obama's vacations. And not a right wing , insane site that pulls figures out its ass. As an example President Bush as this claims took 1,000+ days of vacation in 8 years and spent $20+ million.

http://politic365.com/2012/05/08/oba...d-up-the-most/

Factcheck.org also backs up the 1,000+ days of vacation...

http://www.factcheck.org/2014/08/pre...ial-vacations/

So , somehow Barack Obama who took way less vacations racked up $50 million more in costs ? Not fucking likely.
    I dont accept your fake sources. Refute harder.
    Marvel and DC comics are no different than the food at McDonalds. It will fill you up but in the end bad for your health. Read more independent publishers. Get away from the corporate homogenous cookie cutter fast food comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ospfwildcard View Post
    I dont accept your fake sources. Refute harder.
    FactCheck.org is a non profit

how is that a "fake source"?

BANNED

FactCheck.org is a non profit

how is that a "fake source"?
    It says something he doesn't agree with.

This is all Gish Gallop, guys. They don't believe this ridiculous stuff, they're just screwing with us and laughing as we waste our time refuting each ridiculous point.