Page 6866 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 58666366676668166856686268636864686568666867686868696870687669166966 ... LastLast
Results 102,976 to 102,990 of 104733
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    They are trying

Heh! There should be an armada of those things hovering over London for Dolt45's visit like the blimps during World War II. That would be highly amusing!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Trump baby blimp is 'biggest ever insult to a sitting president', Nigel Farage claims

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newsl...ims/ar-AAzEMlw

"Nigel Farage has branded plans to let an "angry baby" Trump blimp fly over London during his forthcoming visit "the biggest insult to a sitting US president ever".

The former UKIP leader and longtime Trump ally claimed that Sadiq Khan's decision to allow the giant balloon to fly over Westminster "makes London look ridiculous".

Weighing in to a febrile debate over the six-metre inflatable, he asked: "Would this be happening if it was Obama?"

His comments stoked responses on Twitter ranging from support to mockery as some pointed out that other US presidents have also been subject to hostile behavior..."

The biggest insult to an American president? Ever? That must come as quite a surprise to the 4 previously assassinated American presidents.

Trump fatass.jpg

I hate his politics, but god Nigel Farage is the GOAT entertaining politician

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    The biggest insult to an American president? Ever? That must come as quite a surprise to the 4 previously assassinated American presidents.

Trump fatass.jpg
    I wonder if anyone mentioned that little fact to that miserable wanker.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Knowing Nigel, he'd say that either you can't count that as an insult, or he didn't know they had been killed.

Any one wanna bet that old Nigel will try to use Trump to stir up shit in Parliment even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Knowing Nigel, he'd say that either you can't count that as an insult, or he didn't know they had been killed.

Any one wanna bet that old Nigel will try to use Trump to stir up shit in Parliment even more.
    For a hot second, I wondered if Parliament would actually allow Caramel Caligula to speak there, but then I remembered Trump only speaks in front of friendly crowds filled with his brain dead followers. I suspect Brit lawmakers would NOT give him a warm welcome, even if he is the Leader of the Free World.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 JDogindy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    They have, but Trump believes in a Trumpian variant on the geocentric belief of the universe that anything back to him is the worst thing ever, ignoring the assassinations of Lincoln, McKinley and JFK, not to mention Garfield's excruciating demise.

How the trade war is changing minds in a Senate battleground

https://apnews.com/9e5a5c74b8b84ada8a676eb3ac7eebb6

Who’da thunk it?!? A man who has filed for bankruptcy 4 times is making horrible business decisions for the country.

I'm amazed that it seems like everyone who pushed for Brexit is quitting

Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    They got what they wanted, and it turned out to be a real messup, so they are getting out before the populace also realizes this and pulls out their pitchforks and torches and drives them out.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I can understand David Davis quitting, although he could have done it on Friday rather than wait the weekend. The Chequers plan (which won’t be accepted by the EU, at least as it stands) is rather against what he has propounded for the last couple of years. May won’t be too disappointed - the key guy is Oliver Robbins anyway, supposedly Davis is largely an irrelevance. I’ll admit that, adamant a Remainer as I am, I do at least think that Davis has some principles and is sincere. Nice that Steve Baker went as well though

Boris Johnson, though, didn’t jump on Friday. He didn’t even jump first thing on Monday. He jumped because he felt he had too, to protect his ambitions. He wanted to do it, as part of what I imagine he thinks to be a “devastating” resignation speech. The story goes that Downing Street decided to pre-empt him, and announce his resignation several hours before he’d planned to do it. After 18 months or so of incompetence, bluster, continual backbiting in the right wing media, and constant threats to resign, I imagine the predominant feeling in government is relief. Not even the Brexiteers are much impressed by Johnson any more: he polls behind several other potential leaders. His bolt is, for the time being, truly shot.

Whatever happens in the May administration now (and I suspect she’ll survive) at least we’re rid of that perpetual embarrassment as Foreign Secretary.

Let no-one believe, because of these resignations, that the Chequers plan is some brilliant masterstroke, though.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Wait, are you saying you only like the Ozzy stuff and the first record with Dio, and that's it?

All of Dio's Sabbath work is phenomenal, and the Ian Gillan fronted Born Again is one of their best albums. Plus Headless Cross is a metal masterpiece. The rest of the Tony Martin albums and the one Glenn Hughes records are pretty damned good too. In short, all Black Sabbath is good, to one degree or another.

Also....did I really click on a Fox News Opinion piece about Hillary secretly planning to run again that was presented in a discussion as a factual piece of information. My god.

I don't think she will run again. I could be wrong, no matter what, the opinion piece exists solely to rile up the typical Fox News audience.
    Those aren't the only records I like but probably the stuff I listen to the most.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

So apparently only 4 more boys and their coach remain. Crossing my fingers for a speedy recovery.

Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra

Trump going to announce his pick for SCOTUS soon, not that it really matters. Anyone he chooses will be just as dangerous as the others on the list.

Actually, Bret Kavenaugh is a little worse since, apparently, he believes that Presidents should be Above the Law. That Presidents should be immune from any kind of legal action or prosecution. Which is why Trump picked him.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-09-2018 at 06:07 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    No sane person would claim that Warren vs. Trump is a race between "two weirdos" on the basis of some non-issue insult that has little to nothing to do with the office of the presidency -- if the argument is that such a claim makes her just as dishonest as Trump then that just goes to show that it's impossible to have an objective discussion on matters like this with a supporter of the Republican party.

Despite the overt racism behind it, at least with Obama claiming that he was Kenyan challenged his legal validity to the presidency -- with Warren it's nothing but playground name-calling, plain and simple.

As Warren herself points out -- your Republican President is separating children from their parents without due process while he engages in racist childhood insults in order to damage her credibility: that's not something a "weirdo" does -- those are the actions of a sociopath.

With regards to the "abolish ICE" issue: the "distraction" is that we are NOT having a discussion on the immigration policy -- Trump is just throwing them into camps in violation of the law and Pence just walks away when asked questions about it.

Have your Republican party actually follow the law first and then discuss what bipartisan changes need to be made to said laws in the future -- that's how democracy works.

Edit: Changed "president" to "party" since this is just as much Sessions idea as anyone else's and the majority of the Republican "base" supports Trump's actions.
    It's not that the lies are equal, but that at a certain point a threshold is crossed and the argument isn't about Trump VS an honest person, but about the Republican VS The Democrat.

The issue with Warren isn't the insult, but that she claims something about her background that isn't true, despite evidence to the contrary.

With the immigration argument, "Abolish ICE" is a policy position, and its relevance should be considered.

With the separated children, there is no good option. There is a law limiting the amount of time children can be held in custody. If the children were released with their parents, that would incentivize more parents to put their kids at risk crossing the border in the future (The family crossings have become a bigger problem recently.) They could just automatically evict anyone who makes an asylum claim in the wrong place (the overwhelming majority of asylum claims from Central America are rejected), although that's not a great choice either. Trump's Executive order is a temporary fix, and may very well be thrown out by a judge.

It's going to be difficult to come up with a bipartisan solution when one of the top-ranking Democrats went around with a T-shirt announcing that he doesn't believe in borders.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2018/0...neapolis-rally
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    When's the last time a Republican's heritage come into to question?
    There was recent discussion about Trump's dad's arrest in the 1920s.

Honestly, I hadn't considered that a backlash against Trump's Pocahontas comments might be informed by Trump's outrageous and ridiculous claims against Obama, in the sense that it makes his comments seem immediately suspect. There's no point to arguing from authority when it comes to Trump (IE- using the fact that he says something to justify its validity) so my understanding of Warren's background isn't based on that at all. It's based on the fact-checkers.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets