BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    True. But I don't think they have thought out what revoking that Amendment would mean in the grand scheme of things.
    Of course they have. They just think they can get it done quickly enough to ensure their team is the one that gets to decide who gets to remain a citizen.

Better hurry though, it'll be 2040 before they know it, and life comes at you quick.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

*facepalm epically*

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/kan...heir-genetics/

As the*Garden City Telegram reported, State Rep. Steve Alford (R) told an all-white crowd that marijuana was criminalized during the prohibition era in the 1930’s primarily because of black marijuana use when asked a question by a member of the local Democratic party about potential economic boons from cannabis legalization.
    “What you really need to do is go back in the ’30s, when they outlawed all types of drugs in Kansas (and) across the United States,” Alford said. “What was the reason why they did that? One of the reasons why, I hate to say it, was that the African Americans, they were basically users and they basically responded the worst off to those drugs just because of their character makeup, their genetics and that.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I'm calling bullshit on not being genetically suited for handling pot. It isn't black stoners that tried to convince the world that Aqua Teen Hunger Force is funny, or made 311 popular for a time.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

BANNED

I like Aqua Teen HF, but I also understand its very limited humor

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I like Aqua Teen HF, but I also understand its very limited humor
    I was just making an easy joke. The show is what it is, and what it is, is not Boondocks.
    Pull List:

Astonishing Member

And of course he issued a forced PR apology. No one like that should be representing the public in government period. Racist bastard

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

More of the madness Donald Trump wrought after he made racism not only acceptable but fashionable.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Exactly. The eight years of near unrelenting hatred and bigotry towards Barack Obama would amateur night in Dixie compared to the shitstorm that would hit Oprah. I don't give a flying **** about how Oprah would dominate the conversation, the media and everything else, I absolutely do NOT want the presidency of the United States of America reduced to being a mindless popularity contest where the loudest mouth with the biggest name, the biggest ego and the biggest bankroll can make it to the Oval Office, political qualifications be damned. We're already seeing what a mess the country's become under Donald Trump, the last thing we need is a repeat performance under another Hollywood spawned Pied Piper. ENOUGH ALREADY!!
    I'm afraid it's too late for that. People voted for Trump because they saw him on TV for 10 years in a show that gave the illusion that he was a competent businessman.
    I hope I'm wrong and we aren't headed for a Trump vs Oprah election. And I disagree about her chances. Oprah will get the votes just like she got the ratings on television. And if it came to that I'd vote for her despite my misgivings about the election for POTUS becoming a celebrity popularity contest.

I'd prefer the Democrats nurture their own, like Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, Tammy Duckworth, etc. I think Trump would be especially vulnerable to a female opponent. He almost lost his mind in a couple of the debates with Hillary. He still can't get over how she really beat him in the popular vote. He was bragging again about his electoral votes yesterday.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Oh! This is fucking hilarious:

Sean Spicer Dismisses Oprah Winfrey Presidential Run Because Of Inexperience

Spicer said without irony that people without a politics background “have had a difficult time adjusting” to higher office. Yo, Sean! What about your former boss? Nothing about him, homeslice?
    Not to give Spicer any credit, he deserves none, but maybe that was attempt at taking a jab at Trump.

BANNED

putting the Oprah talk aside

anyone have any local or state races they are keeping an eye on?

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    putting the Oprah talk aside

anyone have any local or state races they are keeping an eye on?
    Definitely. Here in NJ we have, what is it, 2 or 3 house seats held by Republicans that are going to be seriously challenged by Dems.

Edit: 4 Republican held seats being challenged, 1 Democratic held seats being challenged. A few other Democratic seats unchallenged.
    Last edited by Tami; 01-09-2018 at 08:27 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

we've got the Governors chair up for grabs as Malloy isn't running for re-election, or might be

but there are a lot of people stepping up to challenge him and Malloy is very unpopular right now, probably the most disliked Gov since Lowell Weicker

Extraordinary Member

An outrageous lie from the same kind of people who said that Cocaine gives Black folk superhuman strength back in the 30's.

An 8 year old with Google could debunk these claims, yet this mope gets on stage and parrots decades old racial slander.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Poor little clueless Princess Ivanka applauds Oprah's Golden Globes speech

She tweeted: "Just saw @Oprah's empowering & inspiring speech at last night’s #GoldenGlobes. Let’s all come together, women & men, & say #TIMESUP! #United" and the tweet barrage began

Alyssa Milano tweeted: "Great! You can make a lofty donation to the Time's Up Legal Defense Fund that is available to support your father's accusers."
    another from Adam Pauly: "What about the 16 counts of sexual harassment and assault leveled against your dad. Oh and the access HOLLYWOOD tape, oh and how he’s openly stated he’s sexually attracted to you his daughter, what about that?"

Is she that insulated against what is publicly known about her father?

And do we have the Invisible Woman as First Lady? Somebody send out a search party for Melania. She's probably the least active First Lady of modern times. She's mostly been seen only as a trophy wife in photo ops with Trump.