Page 945 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 445845895935941942943944945946947948949955995104514451945 ... LastLast
Results 14,161 to 14,175 of 104733
    BANNED

It's hyperbole, but I'd put it at higher than 4. I'd say for sure hating LGBT, right to choose, unions, government, Hillary, and Medicare. The other stuff they may not hate, but the platform of the party and what the elected representatives (who I'd separate from people who vote Republican often for one or two issues, mainly gun rights or abortion which tend to remain the same despite those votes) choose to focus on would suggest they're working against all of the other things in practice if not on principle.

I'm sure if you pointed out which one(s) you're in disagreement with there'd be at least one person willing to argue the other side Worstblog-style (though probably not every day on a long-running basis, respect WBE).

So sick of hearing, "OH, they just see the world differently." "Oh, they just have a different opinion."

No dice. I'm black, and I give a shit about women and non-heterosexuals. What Reagan legacy (and Republicans post Civil Rights Movement) did/are doing to black communities, to women's rights, to LGBT rights, is not "just an opinion", its ruined lives and livelihoods.

So spare me on that "be kind to one another" garbage. How about stop sitting around watching us die and lose our rights as human beings in the US.

Look at the systemic and structural problems, how it's affecting your communities and communities beyond yours, and have enough empathy to TRY to help solve them. Do some freakin' research and LEARN about them, instead of dismissing them.

Frankly, I don't think anyone who sees and cares about the amount of systemic problems plaguing minorities would vote Republican. Straight up.
    Last edited by Double 0; 05-29-2015 at 10:24 AM.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor13 View Post
    And I know that my God is above everything, why would I not use him to inform all my decisions? I'm really not trying to be condescending, so I apologize if that's how that came off. I simply want the best for everyone. Bless you guys and please consider the humanity of those who see differently from you
    To many people, your God is nothing. So by all means, use your faith to inform your life, but don't proslytize, or assume that just because it works for you that it will work for others.

In other words, leave it out. We don't need or want your blessings.

Also, what Double O said.
    Last edited by Jeff Brady; 05-29-2015 at 10:22 AM.

Out of these 21 items, only maybe four of them are accurate, and I know that republicans do the same sort of demonizing of democrat voters, and both sides really ought to stop and consider communicating instead. Then again both sides need a higher power to straighten them out at this point

"hate" is a strong word for the original GIF to use, but for the most part it's accurate in getting it's point across.

my Parents are Republicans, and would agree with 19 of those 21 statements.

Which two would they disagree with?

1) they would INSIST they strive for Facts, and that the left lies.
    2) they would put on flag decorated outfits and insist they support our military and returning veterans (even tho the facts show the Republican representatives often vote against such folks).
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    So sick of hearing, "OH, they just see the world differently." "Oh, they just have a different opinion."

No dice. I'm black, and I give a shit about women and non-heterosexuals. What Reagan legacy (and Republicans post Civil Rights Movement) did/are doing to black communities, to women's rights, to LGBT rights, is not "just an opinion", it's ruined lives and livelihoods.

So spare me on that "be kind to one another" garbage. How about stop sitting around watching us die and lose our rights as human beings in the US.

Look at the systemic and structural problems, how it's affecting your communities and communities beyond yours, and have enough empathy to TRY to help solve them. Do some freakin' research and LEARN about them, instead of dismissing them.

Frankly, I don't think anyone who sees and cares about the amount of systemic problems plaguing minorities would vote Republican. Straight up.
    You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. That's why personally I try and not only be kind, but also get my hands involved in helping people, and when I can't I put my money towards people who will. And some people see it as systematic improvement, and yes, some of those things were harmful, thus again why I'm trying to work towards lifting others up

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    To many people, your God is nothing. So by all means, use your faith to inform your life, but don't proslytize, or assume that just because it works for you that it will work for others.

In other words, leave it out.
    Which is why I'm trying to show the wonder of Him to everyone

I'm literally NEVER going to stop trying to inject God into every part of my life, my opinions, my decision making, etc. And by doing so, I'm trying to lift up and glorify to those around me, because I know that it will work for others if they're doing it right.

I don't know what kind of bad experience you've had with religion of some sort, Jeff, but I'm sorry for whatever it was if it was anything but the loving truth. Bless you and if you'd like to talk more, I'd be happy to
    Last edited by Raptor13; 05-29-2015 at 10:25 AM. Reason: I'm on my iPad, accidentally wrote nevertheless instead of never
    Romans 8:17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs- heirs of God and co heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory

Looking at your sig, this:

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
    Is REALLY funny looking.

I'm literally NEVER going to stop trying to inject God into every part of my life, my opinions, my decision making, etc. And by doing so, I'm trying to lift up and glorify to those around me, because I know that it will work for others if they're doing it right.

I don't know what kind of bad experience you've had with religion of some sort, Jeff, but I'm sorry for whatever it was if it was anything but the loving truth. Bless you and if you'd like to talk more, I'd be happy to
    All the sorry's in the world doesn't make what you said less intolerant.

But I've made myself pretty clear on this topic; I don't care who anyone praises. They can praise their left bicep. But if your actions and political still equal harm to groups of people, it's just an excuse or worse, self-indulgence.
    Last edited by Double 0; 05-29-2015 at 10:33 AM.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

BANNED

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
    That's been proven to be false via the scientific method.

It doesn't work that way.

I'm literally NEVER going to stop trying to inject God into every part of my life, my opinions, my decision making, etc.
    No one is asking you to. I'm saying that no one else cares.

And by doing so, I'm trying to lift up and glorify to those around me, because I know that it will work for others if they're doing it right.
    That's not how it works, at all.

My experience doesn't matter in this. It's about respecting other people.

Please take your blessings elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    Didn't he also start to call Obama a "nig-" before looking startled and starting a new sentence? I seem to remember him calling all women that use birth control "evil" too. And saying that liberalism causes Catholic priests to molest children.

10 isn't quite enough.
    I looked up that story.

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/1811...ma-the-n-word/

That was an odd situation.

The word didn't make sense in that context, but there's no other word that would be obvious, and it clearly threw him off balance.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

That's been proven to be false via the scientific method.

It doesn't work that way.

No one is asking you to. I'm saying that no one else cares.

That's not how it works, at all.

My experience doesn't matter in this. It's about respecting other people.

Please take your blessings elsewhere.
    It was an expression based on simple psychology (my degree), exposure is all I need to be responsible for, God does the rest (and it does work that way, I've seen it)

Apparently a whole lot of people, especially in America, care about religion

It totally does work like that, again I've seen it and am planning on additional missions trips to continue doing it

And they're not my blessings, they come from God, and they go where he pleases them to, and I'm trying my absolute hardest to respect everyone and to, more importantly, love them
    Romans 8:17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs- heirs of God and co heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory

BANNED

It was an expression based on simple psychology (my degree), exposure is all I need to be responsible for, God does the rest (and it does work that way, I've seen it)
    I'm familiar with both the expression and the psychology behind it. It still doesn't work. If it did, the incarceration and murder rates of innocent black people would be far lower.

And that number is going down.

It totally does work like that, again I've seen it and am planning on additional missions trips to continue doing it
    Imperialism of all forms is evil. "Here's our food, isn't Jesus great? Now, learn about how your bodies are sinful, and how to hate yourself."

And they're not my blessings, they come from God, and they go where he pleases them to, and I'm trying my absolute hardest to respect everyone and to, more importantly, love them
    If they're God's blessings, let him do it. He doesn't need you for that.
    Last edited by Jeff Brady; 05-29-2015 at 10:59 AM.

Imperialism of all forms is evil.
    Thanks for this. I almost went for a ban worthy post about missionary work. And I say that as a someone related to the first Nigerian catholic priest, Paul Emechete.

tl;dr version, if you want to help foreign countries, do it without propaganda.

. . not teens apparently:

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/teen...gions-decline/

Teens are fleeing religion like never before: Massive new study exposes religion’s decline

yeah, good luck with that, but your sig. really tells more about yourself that you thought when you linked to it:

"You know you're getting close to the truth when someone is calling you a racist"
    yep. . the truth is, you're probably a racist.
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

If they're God's blessings, let him do it. He doesn't need you for that.
    If everyone followed your example, there would be no belief in God. Just sayin'.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    If everyone followed your example, there would be no belief in God. Just sayin'.
    That would work for me. Just sayin'.

Did you think I'd have an issue with that? Seriously?

That would work for me. Just sayin'.
    Ha. Doesn't surprise me.

In all honesty, a lot of the last couple of pages could have been avoided if Raptor was either given a polite thank you or just ignored. Viciously attacking him for saying God bless does not help the atheist cause.