Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    trump honestly believes all protesters are just mindless plants hired by the media to make him look terrible
    Unless they're protesting his opponents. Then they're spontaneous. Even if they're doing it while holding "InfoWars" signs so they're guaranteed cash prizes from Alex Jones.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    Did you read some of the links in that article? In 14 states, more votes were cast for down ballot candidates than presidents. So people showed up but didn't vote for Hillary or Trump.

So yes in the presidential election there was a low turnout.

Also look at the percentage of registered voters. The percentage was lower than 2008 and 2012.
    Minor effect. Straight ticket voting was also at an all time high, ironically.

trump honestly believes all protesters are just mindless plants hired by the media to make him look terrible
    Is this attitude what we are going to have to deal with for the ne tv4 years?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It's not assuming the worst. It's what he actually said. And there is a /lot/ of that rhetoric coming from that side of the political equation. This was not an isolated, easily misconstrued statement. It was part of a pattern of incendiary, revolutionary rhetoric that the political right is seeped in when it doesn't get its way. I understand wanting to give someone the benefit of the doubt, but people who use extreme rhetoric must be held accountable.
    I'm sorry. but I just don't see it that way.What I see is people taking a small (though admittedly inflammatory) part of a tweet.and making that out to be his entire statement.

Going back to the original comment.The poster claimed that this individual was calling for violence if HC won.Despite him not mentioning the election it all in the first tweet and only expressing support for Trump in the second.And given that he was complaining about corruption in HC's camp before making the pitchforks and torches comment.This lends me to believe that this was just another version of '**** the government'

Now I'm willing to agree that he should be punished ethier way based on what the other poster said (and the police should probably get someone esle to run their Twitter) but I maintain that saying that he's calling for violence if Trump lost is a mischaracterization
    Last edited by Baseman; 11-11-2016 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Is this attitude what we are going to have to deal with for the ne tv4 years?
    I think winning will only embolden his ego and we'll be dealing with 4 years of obviously crap excuses.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Shocking news! Trump is about to screw over a LOT of people. Me included. Looks like I'm going to lose my health care. Republicans will do everything they can to lock in every advatange for the rich they can, which will exacerbate every single social problem we've got. We're well on our way to the sorts of politics you see in other high-inequality countries. For decades, probably. Gonna need to fight like hell.
    Well as evidenced by one Trump supporter , its best to blame Obamacare for it all and proclaim , "Damn workin man couldn't afford it anyway..." And..."People need to get a better job for insurance."

This is the fucking delusion we live under.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    I'm sorry. but I just don't see it that way.What I see is people taking a small (though admittedly inflammatory) part of a tweet.and making that out to be his entire statement.

Going back to the original comment.The poster claimed that this individual was calling for violence if HC won.Despite him not mentioning the election it all in the first tweet and only expressing support for Trump in the second.And given that he was complaining about corruption in HC's camp before making the pitchforks and torches comment.This lends me to believe that this was just another version of '**** the government'

Now I'm willing to agree that he should be punished ethier way based on what the other poster said (and the police should probably get someone esle to run their Twitter) but I maintain that saying that he's calling for violence if Trump lost is a mischaracterization
    Since you're either willfully or naively unaware of Sheriff David Clarke's rhetoric, and giving him the benefit of the doubt that he doesn't deserve...

He openly criticizes the BlackLivesMatter movement and says, "Stop complaining about the police and start complaining about the ghetto."
    While simultaneously defending the domestic terrorists that set up shop at the Malheur Wildlife Refuge.

See the hypocrisy there? When left-wing protests happen, he's pissed. When right-wing ones happen, he gives them his blessing. And the right-wing ones aren't so much protests as armed revolt.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 11-11-2016 at 06:26 AM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well as evidenced by one Trump supporter , its best to blame Obamacare for it all and proclaim , "Damn workin man couldn't afford it anyway..." And..."People need to get a better job for insurance."

This is the fucking delusion we live under.
    I saw a Republican on TV declaring we'd 'tried the government model' and 'the half-government model', but never tried the 'market model'.

I started laughing so hard.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

I'm pretty sure the "market model" was the 19th century.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

BANNED

I usually hate Cracked, but goddamn this article puts a lot of **** into persepective. Definite worth a read.
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reason...e-talks-about/

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Not that I post here all that often myself, but I've been seeing a sizable influx of conservatives posting in this thread now that Trump won. Just an observation! Aside from Mister Mets, numberthirty, and maybe a couple others, I wonder why almost none of these people posted here regularly before the election?
    There are two factors.

The community that participates in this thread sorts itself in particular ways that will encourage liberals to be more active than conservatives.

There's also a lot more political discussion immediately before and after a presidential election, so you'll see new people of all political persuasions.

Burning an American flag is protected free expression. Period.
    This is true. It is also very rarely helpful to a political cause.

President-Elect Trump almost managed to go 48 hours without saying something stupid.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Paul Ryan has declared:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...ion-is-on.html

During the campaign, coverage of the issues was blotted out by coverage of Hillary Clinton’s emails and Donald Trump’s broad suite of sociopathic tendencies. And of the issues that did receive any attention, a conspicuously missing one was Paul Ryan’s plan to push Medicare beneficiaries into private health insurance. Reporters just assumed that, since Trump never talked about it, it won’t happen. But Paul Ryan still wants it to happen. And in a Fox News interview with Bret Baier, Ryan said Medicare privatization is on.
    “Your solution has always been to put things together, including entitlement reform,” says Baier, using Republican code for privatizing Medicare. Ryan replies, “If you’re going to repeal and replace Obamacare, you have to address those issues as well. … Medicare has got some serious issues because of Obamacare. So those things are part of our plan to replace Obamacare.”

Ryan tells Baier, “Because of Obamacare, Medicare is going broke.” This is false. In fact, it’s the complete opposite of the truth. The Medicare trust fund has been extended 11 years as a result of the passage of Obamacare, whose cost reforms have helped bring health care inflation to historic lows. It is also untrue that repealing Obamacare requires changing traditional Medicare. But Ryan clearly believes he needs to make this claim in order to sell his plan, or probably even to convince fellow Republicans to support it.
    So, naturally, we have to privatize medicare to save it because of that awful Obama. Paul Ryan is going to do what he's always wanted to do and is going to blame it on Obama.

God. I despise him so much.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There are two factors.

The community that participates in this thread sorts itself in particular ways that will encourage liberals to be more active than conservatives.

There's also a lot more political discussion immediately before and after a presidential election, so you'll see new people of all political persuasions.
    This is very true. There's 3000 pages of proof. I tried before and I tried after the reset. But when you feel invalidated because you don't agree with the vocal minority of this forum, why bother. Look at the start of the Bible reading thread. How many pages did the OP have to ward off Bible haters so he and those that actually read the Bible could talk about it? A lot. And I defended and tried for the OP, but after awhile it just gets damned frustrating. You want to crap on the Bible, because as a poster of CBR that is okay, as long as you post by the rules? Don't like every liberal ideology? Shamed until you give up and leave the political discussion. And I will say the obligatory not all liberal posters on CBR do this. Which should be obvious, because the worst ones, make no effort to hide it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bloodofthegods View Post
    This is very true. There's 3000 pages of proof. I tried before and I tried after the reset. But when you feel invalidated because you don't agree with the vocal minority of this forum, why bother. Look at the start of the Bible reading thread. How many pages did the OP have to ward off Bible haters so he and those that actually read the Bible could talk about it? A lot. And I defended and tried for the OP, but after awhile it just gets damned frustrating. You want to crap on the Bible, because as a poster of CBR that is okay, as long as you post by the rules? Don't like every liberal ideology? Shamed until you give up and leave the political discussion. And I will say the obligatory not all liberal posters on CBR do this. Which should be obvious, because the worst ones, make no effort to hide it.
    Its easier to just call Trump supporters stupid, racists, hillbillies, or nazis. It is liberal elitism at its worst. People in fly over countries are hurting. Big cities get more money for infrastructure, and then liberals like to look down on those they find inferior. They insulted them, or even worse, just ignored them. Being a liberal means you find a way to help your fellow man, even if they may not agree with you. You dont deride them. Guess what. They got tired of your **** and told you to go **** yourselves. And fellow Democrats told you to **** off for nominating a quasi-criminal who is so out of touch she decided to have her sexual harrasing husband tag along for speeches. Hillary really thouht she deserved to be president, and the arrogance was amazing. She probably didnt even have a concession speech planned.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Paul Ryan has declared:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...ion-is-on.html

So, naturally, we have to privatize medicare to save it because of that awful Obama. Paul Ryan is going to do what he's always wanted to do and is going to blame it on Obama.

God. I despise him so much.
    Oh brother. You better believe they kept this agenda hidden until after the election. They sure would have lost a lot of seniors and about to be senior voters if they knew this.

And notice in the interview the uses the word "entitlement", the GOP code for "you're getting free stuff you don't deserve"