Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    who are you to say what a necessity is and isn't?
    A human being that has survived just fine his entire life without lotto tickets. I can speak from experience. You do not need lotto tickets to remain alive. This is not new information.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    The English heavy metal band Iron Maiden, pioneers of the new wave of British heavy metal?
    Bruce Dickinson is a turd and Maiden fans just might be the worst, right on par with Batfans

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    A human being that has survived just fine his entire life without lotto tickets. I can speak from experience. You do not need lotto tickets to remain alive. This is not new information.
    so just bread and water then? perhaps a box akin to what prisoners get when they are sent out to do slave labor? because thats whats going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    A school shooting in FL...
    https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/611943312401002496

"In retrospect Sandy Hook marked the end of the US gun control debate. Once America decided killing children was bearable, it was over."

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Bruce Dickinson is a turd and Maiden fans just might be the worst, right on par with Batfans
    That's too salty to be candy methinks.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

so just bread and water then? perhaps a box akin to what prisoners get when they are sent out to do slave labor? because thats whats going to happen
    Oh brother... you really like to jump to extremes, don't you? You're not worth even bothering with.

Quote Originally Posted by RumpusMagoo View Post
    Is that how that works? I thought diabetics need to stay away from sugar, no?
    Not truly, but diabetes is a very individual disease. We insulin dependents can usually have what we like as long as we comp enough insulin to cover the carb count. When it comes to control via meds it usually best to follow a more guided health plan than a bunch of candy as a meal.
    DC: Aquaman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, possible 2020 candidate, rejects corporate PAC donations

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ons/333976002/

And she's not the only Democrat that will be rejecting corporate PAC donations.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/14/book...donations.html

Booker joins the likes of Gillibrand, Warren, and Sanders in rejecting corporate PAC donations.
    I'll take the wins where I can. But I'm optimistically skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    After researching Quinn, she got shafted. We are now Preemptively tossing people out of the bus. We're becoming as bad as Conservatives.
    She comes across as a fighter for injustice, but what do I know. Liberals lambast me, for critiquing them.

Eating 40 packages of Sweet Tarts is going to give you diabetes. Nobody needs that many of any candy. And good lord, how much of your money did you just blow on that?
    Maybe Sweet Tarts just make them happy. Is life not miserable enough?

Death toll up to 17 out of the 20 reported injured.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Even sadder, at least to me anyway, is that the first question that came to mind when I heard about the shooting half an hour ago was....what was the shooter’s race? And I’m sure I’m not the only one who wondered the same thing. Such as are the twisted times we live in today.
    There's that. I wonder if half a dozen or so of the last several had been black kids how would the narritive conversations be different. Does Jeff Sessions' Anglo heritage speech not have any precedent in the most disturbing of crimes when policing other Anglo's? Prolly not.

And what is this doing to the psychie of all the thousands of students who go through these things and have either lost friends or had to be cleared front their classrooms behind armed guard. PTSD is real, especially when you've had to deal with a random shooting only feet away in your formative young adult years. I feel so bad for these kids.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Invincible Member

Even sadder, at least to me anyway, is that the first question that came to mind when I heard about the shooting half an hour ago was....what was the shooter’s race? And I’m sure I’m not the only one who wondered the same thing. Such as are the twisted times we live in today.
    What's sad is that when i heard it, the mere way it was reported had me thinking..."Ok, it's a school shooting...they didn't speculate about gang related so he probably wasn't black and they didn't speculate about terrorism so he probably wasn't middle eastern, so probably a white kid who snapped?"

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    What's sad is that when i heard it, the mere way it was reported had me thinking..."Ok, it's a school shooting...they didn't speculate about gang related so he probably wasn't black and they didn't speculate about terrorism so he probably wasn't middle eastern, so probably a white kid who snapped?"
    Bingo! Give that guy a cupie doll.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I don't know about other states, but in NY, people often have the same card for both food stamps (SNAP) and cash assistance. I think it's so that when someone shops for groceries, they can use the same card for food and paper towels, coffee filters and other non-food items. But they may be able to use the cash assistance to buy lottery tickets, too.

http://digital.vpr.net/post/sanders-...ocess#stream/0

So Bernie Sanders has a challenger for his Senate seat.
    Last edited by Malvolio; 02-14-2018 at 05:47 PM.

I'm not anyone who can decide. I simply said I don't think candy should be allowed. Again, the guy was buying 40 fucking packages of Sweet Tarts.

Also, **** you, man, I don't think I'm better than poor people. I'm not wealthy. I grew up poor. We had food stamps. We went to the food bank. So don't talk about me like you know me, because you don't.

I just think diabetes is bad and maybe you should be required to buy actual food with your food stamps.

And for whatever it's worth to you, you're the one passing judgement on people right now, not me.
    Sidebar - I'm just upset that you didn't inquire as to why someone would be buying forty packs of Sweet Tarts.