BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Tazirai tag-teaming and back patting numberthirty is disappointing. You used to be one of the reasonable ones, man.

Anyway, Rick Scott has released a vicious, mud slinging attack ad. Is it aimed at a powerful political enemy? Uh, no, it's aimed at a lady who yelled at him in a Starbucks.

Scott puts the douche in bag.
    This cat isn't even ashamed of what he's doing to his own state. Sadly the older people who live there want some "Never Existed America" to make a comeback. I hat eot say it. But the country will be in better shape once a lot of these old Cold water type geriatrics kick the can. Progress is a bad word to them. They earned their money a certain way, and don't realized the world has changed.

BANNED

Paul krugman wants a cabinet spot so bad..

Who Has Two Thumbs And Is Wrong About The Financial Crisis?

Somebody is wrong on the Internet, and his name is Paul Krugman.

It is hard for liberal America when Krugman is wrong, because he is liberal America’s best — and most important — economic columnist.

In a column on Friday devoted to hitting Bernie Sanders for a long list of transgressions, Krugman said the financial “crisis itself was centered not on big banks but on ‘shadow banks’ like Lehman Brothers that weren’t necessarily that big.”

You read that correctly: Big banks didn’t cause the financial crisis, and Lehman Brothers, which was a shadow bank, known less creepily as a non-bank financial institution, wasn’t even that big.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b063f854dfa21a

Frank and Krugman were two "Liberals" I've never fully trusted. Even before Hillary ran, about 4 years ago. Krugman turned me off.

Gordon Gekko says who which candidate will be best for the economy..............holy ****

http://www.salon.com/2016/03/12/gord...ident_partner/
    The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Tazirai tag-teaming and back patting numberthirty is disappointing. You used to be one of the reasonable ones, man.

Anyway, Rick Scott has released a vicious, mud slinging attack ad. Is it aimed at a powerful political enemy? Uh, no, it's aimed at a lady who yelled at him in a Starbucks.

I've said I don't agree with many of #30's points either (other than Hillary not being a good candidate for the Presidency) but when he (or you or any other Hillary backer) makes a good point and someone who disagrees with you on other points says so it's a sign of being reasonable.

It's when you constantly insult those arguing the other side of an issue, when you dismiss them out of hand, and project false motivations onto them that you're being the unreasonable one. Also giving the impression that when one agrees on a single issue/point, they agree on all points to again attempt to label and dismiss that's being unreasonable. I understand why some do those things, but it's far from being reasonable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Then she should have been a better candidate. Elizabeth Warren would have been an amazing candidate, even with the small amount of problems she has.
    Hillary Clinton saying she's going to get more things done than Bernie is Pie in the sky.
    These are the same people who despise her. Yet she's going ot cross the aisle to work with them? On what? OH YEAH!!!!
    The financial system. Conservatives will get everything they want on the economy for some minor social victories. Maybe some international issue.
    The "she should have been a better candidate meme" is really odd because:

A. It means you consider Sanders an average candidate at best, because he clearly only won a few caucuses because Hillary is horrible at being a candidate, and not because of his merits. Grading on a curve, much?
    B. She is still the favorite to win this, both the primaries and the general election. Sanders winning the primaries at this point would be like winning the lottery while getting struck by lightning.

I'm not going to apologize while I tell you what you should do with one of your Constitutional Rights...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/08/politi...-lives-matter/

"We see all these rallies interrupted by people that are angry. Now I like and believe in protests. I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't 'cause I engaged in some when I was a kid but I never thought I should drown anyone else out," Clinton said at a rally in Erie, Pennsylvania, referencing the 15-minute exchange he had with protesters in Philadelphia on Thursday.

"And I confess maybe it's just a sign of old age but It bothers me now when that happens. So I did something yesterday in Philadelphia I almost want to apologize for but I want to use it as an example of the danger threatening our country."
    Protest threatening out country, folks. You heard it here first.

The full context doesn't make it as damning as you'd like it to be.

Funny how when it is a group of African American protestors, Bill seems to believe they are "the danger threatening our country".

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    The full context doesn't make it as damning as you'd like it to be.
    Anyone trying to tell someone else how to use their First Amendment Right is as damning as it gets. Let alone a guy, who at one point, swore an oath to defend The Constitution those Rights are a part of.

We see all these rallies interrupted by people that are angry. Now I like and believe in protests. I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't 'cause I engaged in some when I was a kid but I never thought I should drown anyone else out," Clinton said at a rally in Erie, Pennsylvania, referencing the 15-minute exchange he had with protesters in Philadelphia on Thursday.
    "So I did something yesterday in Philadelphia. I almost want to apologize for it, but I want to use it as an example of the danger threatening our country," the former president continued.

Americans need to be able to have conversations with people they agree with and keep an open mind, Clinton said. While he said he believed the two protesters who interrupted him failed to do that, he said realized he did too.

"I rather vigorously defended my wife, as I am wont to do, and I realized, finally, I was talking past [the protester] the way she was talking past me. We gotta stop that in this country. We gotta listen to each other again," the former president said.
    The danger, he says, is not listening to each other. Like I said. It paints a pretty different picture than the one you're trying to paint, doesn't it?
    Last edited by Tendrin; 04-09-2016 at 12:28 AM.

He still hasn't said anything about that he was rattling off "Hopped up on crack" nonsense, but he was listening.

From what he is saying, that is incredibly unlikely.

As for the people the guy's policies hurt, you may believe they should be willing to listen to what he has to say.

I don't. Certainly not that "Hopped up on crack!" jive he was on about and still hasn't actually apologized for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    The danger, he says, is not listening to each other. Like I said. It paints a pretty different picture than the one you're trying to paint, doesn't it?
    Has it occurred to you that they were not doing what he says?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    As for the people the guy's policies hurt, you may believe they should be willing to listen to what he has to say.

I don't. Certainly not that "Hopped up on crack!" jive he was on about and still hasn't actually apologized for.
    I didn't say that, of course. I simply pointed out that he's not saying what you want to pretend he's saying.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Has it occurred to you that they were not doing what he says?
    Whether you think that or not, it doesn't change the context of the statement from what you were trying to pretend it was.