Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

We're likely to see some experienced diplomats that were pushed out or felt pushed out return to the State Dept.
    Thank you AMericA for votinG for chAnge.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Oh you know what? Let's just add to today's insanity!

Let's meet Maine GOP state congressional candidate, Leslie Gibson, who wanted on a crazy rant, attacking one of the survivors of the Parkland shooting.

Leslie Gibson, the only declared candidate for House District 57, took to Twitter to call one student a “skinhead lesbian” and to denounce another as a “bald faced liar.”

"There is nothing about this skinhead lesbian that impresses me," state House candidate Leslie Gibson said of Majory Stoneman Douglas High School student Emma Gonzalez.

The comments have stirred up some people in Democratic ranks, but so far nobody has emerged to take on Gibson.

“I wish I knew someone who could get into this race,” said Pat Fogg, a Democratic organizer in Greene. “That sort of stupidity really turns people off.”

Gibson said Monday that during his career in the military, he took an oath “to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

“Because of this,” he said, “I am very passionate about protecting our constitutional rights from those who seek their elimination. It was not appropriate to single out the Parkland students, but I stand firm in my defense of our constitutional rights.”

The 18-year-old student whom Gibson singled out, Emma Gonzalez, is among the students speaking out from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. In the wake of the Feb. 14 massacre there that left 17 of her classmates dead, she has emerged as a leader in students’ fight to make assault rifles harder to come by.

“There is nothing about this skinhead lesbian that impresses me and there is nothing that she has to say unless you’re a frothing at the mouth moonbat,” Gibson wrote.

Gibson said in another tweet that calling her a survivor, as many have done, is disingenuous because she “was in a completely different part of the school” when students were gunned down.

Gibson apologized in a later tweet, saying, “I would like to extend to you my most sincere apology for how I addressed you. It was wrong and unacceptable. You are doing work that is important to you. I would like to extend my hand in friendship and understanding to you.”
    See, this is why you got to run somebody EVERYWHERE!

Mighty Member

Trump doesn't need to explain himself. He obviously knows how to govern well...look how great he made America, again. Or whoops. It's clear America was never really great to begin with. Just a bunch of yokels who only needed the internet to really let shit implode.

Still cracks me up that he's using the Purge's slogan for his 2020 run.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    It's so awesome that so many people decided to abstain from voting in 2016 as some sort of bullshit protest. As a result, we have the awesomeness that has been 2017/2018.

Thanks, guys.
    But Trump has hired the best people! The problem is he keeps firing them like he's on still on TV .

Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    We're likely to see some experienced diplomats that were pushed out or felt pushed out return to the State Dept.
    I doubt it. Seriously, if Trump headed whatever organization, corporation or business you may have once worked for and you saw your former fellow employees, division heads, managers and supervisors being fired, one after another, via tweet...would you consider that to be a safe place for long term job security?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Oh you know what? Let's just add to today's insanity!

Let's meet Maine GOP state congressional candidate, Leslie Gibson, who wanted on a crazy rant, attacking one of the survivors of the Parkland shooting.

See, this is why you got to run somebody EVERYWHERE!
    Two more points in WBE's ass cancer pool.

Tariffs and now the Iran Nuclear Deal, seems Trump is pushing back on feeling held back:
    President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that he dismissed Rex Tillerson as secretary of state at least in part over a disagreement on how best to proceed with the Iran deal.

"We got along actually quite well, but we disagreed on things," Trump said as he boarded the Marine One presidential helicopter en route to view prototypes for his proposed border wall.

"When you look at the Iran deal, I thought it was terrible. He thought it was okay. I wanted to either break it or do something, he felt a little differently," Trump said.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...reement-2018-3

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I doubt it. Seriously, if Trump headed whatever organization, corporation or business you may have once worked for and you saw your former fellow employees, division heads, managers and supervisors being fired, one after another, via tweet...would you consider that to be a safe place for long term job security?
    I really don't know, but I know we see politicians left and right and journalists mentioning to hire them back as if they know they want to return. So I would suspect that some or many are just that committed to their work and willing to deal with the fact that it's a... more turnover-friendly Trump admin.

I really don't know, but I know we see politicians left and right and journalists mentioning to hire them back as if they know they want to return. I would suspect that some or many are just that committed to their work and willing to deal with the fact that it's a, eh, more turnover-friendly Trump admin.
    I did see one person interviewed by Stephanie Rhule this morning admit that, if Trump asked him, he'd accept a job. But still, I think those who would are far fewer than those who wouldn't. Commitment to public service is great, but there are times when self preservation is greater.

Mighty Member

I did see one person interviewed by Stephanie Rhule this morning admit that, if Trump asked him, he'd accept a job. But still, I think those who would are far fewer than those who wouldn't. Commitment to public service is great, but there are times when self preservation is greater.
    Plus you can't pull a sunken ship out of the ocean by yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Plus you can't pull a sunken ship out of the ocean by yourself.
    Some may feel that, if they survive this they may have a place in a future administration. But odds are that most will be tainted by their association with Trump.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I really don't know, but I know we see politicians left and right and journalists mentioning to hire them back as if they know they want to return. So I would suspect that some or many are just that committed to their work and willing to deal with the fact that it's a... more turnover-friendly Trump admin.
    "Turnover friendly"? Are you fucking kidding me? Shit, man, there should be a goddamn revolving door at the White House, given all the people who've come and gone! Anyone on the outside who willingly wants to enter that asylum needs a check up from the neck up!

How about sanity?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Mighty Member

Some may feel that, if they survive this they may have a place in a future administration. But odds are that most will be tainted by their association with Trump.
    Yes, I see big things in their futures.

Maybe if Trump gets that coveted Lifetime President spot he's eyeing.

Mighty Member

Which by the way....imagine the right wing meltdown if in the span of a couple weeks Obama had mentioned both "taking guns away first, due process later" and that "maybe the US should give the whole lifetime presidency thing a shot some day".

I do love that the things the right wingers were afraid of from Obama are being bandied about by Trump.