Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Trump stands with Orlando, calls it a "strike at the heart and soul of who we are as a nation" and "an assault on the ability of free people to live their lives, love who they want and express their identity."
    Read Donald Trump’s Speech on the Orlando Shooting
    Color me unimpressed. Tell me, where was all that tough talk after Sandy Hook, Aurora and Charleston, just to name a few incidents? Shootings committed by deranged WHITE madmen! Where was the outrage by the Republican Party after those atrocities that were authored by homegrown WHITE lunatics? Perhaps the NRA won't allow Republicans to express that anger because it might be bad for business for the gun industry. As I've said before, we have far more to worry about from pale skinned killers than brown skinned ones.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

deranged American citizens as well, or does Donald want to start deporting troublesome Americans?

A short letter to the editor I found when attempting to find a picture of Donald Trump as an Anglerfish (Hair as lure).

http://www.smokymountainnews.com/opi...the-anglerfish

There are two words that tell when a politician is pulling his anglerfish stunt: Hate and fear. When a politician spews hate and fear, he’s trying to divert your attention away from his real purpose, which you can bet has nothing to do with building roads or schools or otherwise advancing the nation’s interest.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    So, Ol' Orange Ass said he would block immigration from countries with a "history of terrorism". How far back would that history go? Would that include Germany, Japan and Italy, the original "Axis of Evil" from back in World War II? Would that include England which did some wicked **** when America was fighting for its independence? Would that include Suadi Arabia where three quarters of the 9/11 terrorists originated? That list could wind up being plenty long.
    Would that include his country? Oh, say, something along the lines of the "Chickens coming home to roost" history of America since its inception.

Republicans on hot seat over gun control

Senate Democrats said Monday they will revive legislation that would allow the FBI to deny firearm purchases by people on terrorism watch lists, a proposal which failed in December on a mostly party-line vote, 45-54. Democrats said they will try to attach the new firearm prohibitions to the Commerce, Justice and Science spending bill that will be on the Senate floor this week.

House Democrats will also join in the new legislative push, yet top House Republicans predicted the measure would go nowhere.
    More obstructionism from Republicans. Typical.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Fascism is alive and well in the United States and in the Republican Party

fas·cism (ˈfaSHˌizəm ) noun: an authoritarian and nationalistic right-wing system of government and social organization.
    synonyms: authoritarianism, totalitarianism, dictatorship, despotism, autocracy; (in general use) extreme right-wing, authoritarian, or intolerant views or practice. Political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition.
    Discusses how the GOP is devolving into a Fascist Party.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Fascism is alive and well in the United States and in the Republican Party

Discusses how the GOP is devolving into a Fascist Party.
    Mr. Trump envisions himself as the next Benito Mussolini? I'll say this, his facial expressions, hand gestures, and body language mimic ol' Benito quite well. As for the Don's rhetoric, well, what do you think?

BANNED

so apparently Mateen was a regular at this nightclub....

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    so apparently Mateen was a regular at this nightclub....
    Reconnaissance or self-loathing. Maybe both. Not to get all Freudian,
    but the man could have been conflicted about his sexuality.

The only problem with making it harder to purchase firearms when you are on the terror watchlist is that the watchlist process is rather opaque and difficult to fight against once you end up on it. Suspending a constitutional right because of a secret process isn't something I am comfortable with - who knows what the next right that can be taken away might be?

The watchlist process needs to become a little more transparent and easier to contest when you discover you are on it before I'd be comfortable with adding gun restrictions to it.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The only problem with making it harder to purchase firearms when you are on the terror watchlist is that the watchlist process is rather opaque and difficult to fight against once you end up on it. Suspending a constitutional right because of a secret process isn't something I am comfortable with - who knows what the next right that can be taken away might be?

The watchlist process needs to become a little more transparent and easier to contest when you discover you are on it before I'd be comfortable with adding gun restrictions to it.
    Same for the No-fly list. ANd people need to fly more than they need weapons. usually

Same for the No-fly list. ANd people need to fly more than they need weapons. usually
    I agree, but whether anyone agrees or not, gun ownership is a right enshrined in the Constitution, and once one Constitutional right can be taken away without due process, the others become fair game. Things like speech, assembly, and other things that nearly everyone uses daily.
    Dark does not mean deep.

So just throwing this out there.

I know I've been talking about gun bans and gun control a lot. But I also advocate this. And there's history backing this.

Straight Women of Color, LGBTs, LGBTs of color. Hell, even straight men of color, should start getting gun licenses and purchasing more legal firearms to protect themselves and their communities. For two reasons.

1) To potentially defend themselves. As potentially self-destructive as that can be, they are already getting killed now. And gun control ain't coming soon, so yeah, maybe they should defend themselves.

2) There will be a backlash. Hopefully that fear of the oppressed arming themselves speeds up gun control. It has before with the Panthers and Deacons, it can work now.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Homegrown terrorists including the Colorado Planned Parenthood clinic gunman who said he did to save babies from abortion.
    Agreed. But since he's a white dude, he gets away with "Mental Illness".

Maybe you should worry less about the Republicans and more about the Registered Democrats that are shooting up gay clubs

http://flvoters.com/by_number/1144/8...ue_mateen.html