Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I agree, but whether anyone agrees or not, gun ownership is a right enshrined in the Constitution, and once one Constitutional right can be taken away without due process, the others become fair game. Things like speech, assembly, and other things that nearly everyone uses daily.
    The intention of the 2nd Amendment was simply to provide for a Public Militia in place of a standing Military. It was never intended to give people the right to use weapons to kill each other outside of times of warfare. Now that we have a Standing Military, the 2nd Amendment is, pretty much, out-dated. And Unfortunately, people continue to interpret the 2nd Amendment to mean that they can own whatever type of gum they darn will please. Which really isn't the case.

the 2nd Amendment has been misinterpreted and abused worse than the Bible and the Koran.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by MECHANO View Post
    Maybe you should worry less about the Republicans and more about the Registered Democrats that are shooting up gay clubs

http://flvoters.com/by_number/1144/8...ue_mateen.html
    The point is, it's the GOP in Government who I worry about. Once someone picks up a gun and starts shooting, it no longer matters what their religion, race, ethnic background or voting history is.

Slate did an excellent breakdown (despite being liberal shills) of a study from the CDC on gun violence:

http://www.slate.com/articles/health...gs_from_a.html

Half of the arguments in this thread are without basis.

1) AR-15's and other "assault rifles" aren't the problem... it's handguns

2) Almost 2/3rd's of gun deaths are suicides

3) Gun violence and crime has actually decreased steadily over the past decade

4) Mass shootings don't kill that many people... comparatively speaking

5) There are more defensive gun uses than violent crimes involving a firearms

Pentagon rebukes Trump proposal for more airstrikes

“I fundamentally disagree," said retired Army Lt. Gen. Mick Bednarek, who served as the chief U.S. military adviser in Iraq from 2013 to 2015. "The bottom line is [more bombing] has absolutely no bearing on individuals like Omar Mateen in Orlando, who obviously had some mental issues — like his absolute hatred of gays, lesbians and transgender community. Just wantonly increasing bombing against extremist radical groups in Iraq, Syria, etc. is not going to have a bearing on individuals in the United States and change their behavior.”
    Sometimes I wonder if Mateen is the only one with Mental Issues....Trump refuses to talk like an intelligent, well informed adult human being.

Knives kill 6x more people in the U.S. than rifles do... and in case you aren't aware, an AR-15 is a rifle. Hands and feet kill over twice as many as rifles

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...eapon_2014.xls
    Last edited by MECHANO; 06-13-2016 at 06:26 PM.

And we all hear the news stories everyday about knife wielding maniacs with body counts in the dozens, don't we?

(Must we re-hash the worst pro-gun arguments so we have to waste our time pointing out how inane they are, or can we save our breath this time?)
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by MECHANO View Post
    Slate did an excellent breakdown (despite being liberal shills) of a study from the CDC on gun violence:

http://www.slate.com/articles/health...gs_from_a.html

Half of the arguments in this thread are without basis.

1) AR-15's and other "assault rifles" aren't the problem... it's handguns

2) Almost 2/3rd's of gun deaths are suicides

3) Gun violence and crime has actually decreased steadily over the past decade

4) Mass shootings don't kill that many people... comparatively speaking

5) There are more defensive gun uses than violent crimes involving a firearms
    1) Without the capacity to kill so many people so fast, mass shootings would be far harder to pull off and easier to stop. Real life solutions aren't all-or-nothing and handgun bans have already been struck down so this argument is probably brought up with that in mind.

2) Don't more people survive their gun shot wounds than are killed by them?

3) When was there a time in American history with more mass shootings?

4) The same could be said for terrorist attacks related to the same things gun deaths usually are (Accidents/Cars/Etc)

5) There are more defensive options available than just deadly weapons. They just require more training and consideration in their use than guns do.

Tell the truth: Are you more scared of a bad guy with a switchblade or kung-fu headband, or a bad guy with a pistol?

E:
    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    And we all hear the news stories everyday about knife wielding maniacs with body counts in the dozens, don't we?

(Must we re-hash the worst pro-gun arguments so we have to waste our time pointing out how inane they are, or can we save our breath this time?)
    Welcome back WBE, and I guess I have time to waste
    Last edited by Dalak; 06-13-2016 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Welcome back WBE, and I guess I have time to waste
    You have the patience of a saint, good sir. Make good sport of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Tell the truth: Are you more scared of a bad guy with a switchblade or kung-fu headband, or a bad guy with a pistol?
    While opinions will differ, I have never seen a knife jam or misfire. A knife can slit my throat even if you are really lousy with a knife. There is no really good way for me to grab a knife if you are trying to kill me with it.

Knife.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Trump stands with Orlando, calls it a "strike at the heart and soul of who we are as a nation" and "an assault on the ability of free people to live their lives, love who they want and express their identity."
    Read Donald Trump’s Speech on the Orlando Shooting
    We probably shouldn't omit the part where Trump talked about arresting people who don't report their neighbors for acting suspiciously. Y'know, one of the hallmarks of a fascist police state.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While opinions will differ, I have never seen a knife jam or misfire.

You were saying?

You have a broken knife with no context.

Still knife.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

I wouldn't call them arguments as much as I would facts...

You can also still jam a broken knife into a human throat repeatedly.

A gun that has misfired? Not so much.

A gun that has jammed? Even less so.