Page 6899 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 5899639967996849688968956896689768986899690069016902690369096949 ... LastLast
Results 103,471 to 103,485 of 104733

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    This feels like it has the potential to be huge.
    She funnels money into the NRA for Trump.

So yeah.

It's yuge.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    What Trump is doing is exactly what they want him to do for the most part which is why his approval rating is so high with them -- they care that he's doing what they want him to do (complaining about kneeling black people, depriving immigrants of due process, selecting a Supreme Court Justice or three) or at least trying to (as with the border wall and the Muslim ban) and that's why -- so long as the economy is decent -- many of them would vote for him again.

https://qz.com/1295674/donald-trump-...ublican-party/

Independents might swing on the tariff issue because they know it will affect their pocketbook in the long term -- but you also have to weigh that against a president who is doing his best to get rid of "illegals" and ensure gerrymandered districts and minority voter suppression remain valid well into the future.

At that point it becomes a personal judgment call for many white voters, who make up the largest part of the electorate and the vast majority of Trump's and the Republican party's "base".

So, we'll see I guess.
    Exactly. The majority of Republicans couldn’t care less that Russia meddled in our democratic process and that Trump and co. committed treason. As long as Trump is still Making America Great Again by getting rid of all the evil immigrants and filling the Supreme Court with religious fanatics they’ll still love him. As Trump himself said, he could shoot someone in the middle of the street and his base would still worship him. “It was the person’s fault for getting in the way of Trump’s bullet!”

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

So yeah.

It's yuge.
    And the timing of her arrest!

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

And the timing of her arrest!
    I fully expected one of his family members to be arrested when he's OOC in the near future. If he ever leaves again.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This administration is still locking babies up in cages.
    See my earlier post about how the criminalization of alleged illegality has been going on since Dubya. Wonder why it only became a big issue recently.

Do I think that Trump may have made things much worse in order to impress people as to how "tough" he is on the issue? I can easily believe that. But getting rid of Trump would not solve the problem. Suppose that a violent new regime overthrew that of Trump and Pence and kicked out all the "baddies." That regime would still have to find some way to deal with this unprecedented tide of migrations, and no regime really wants hordes of new citizens appearing on its doorstep, no matter how often Whoopi Goldberg invokes the ideals of the Statue of Liberty and everyone's common status as "immigrants."

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    FOx Still trying to find a way to defend that.....

I mean come the fuck on. Jet lag? He is clearly and inexplicably kissing Putin's ass and taking HIS word that he didn't attack us. Supporter or not its just WEIRD how he loves him some Putin. We are supposed to believe Canada is a national security threat and needs a nice trade war. E.U. is an enemy, but Putin is misunderstood and the only reason we have a bad relationship is Mueller and the "Witch Hunt?". Despite all the evidence and indictments from our own intelligence agencies. He literally said he dismisses all of that and believes Putin when he says he didn't do that.

Its NUTS.

His supporters got their panties in a bunch over standing for the national anthem. But, this dude is sitting here throwing our entire intelligence apparatus under the bus, our free press, our Justice system and saying this murderous KGB agent is being treated unfairly?
    The significance is even worse with the timing. Five days ago, Rod Rosenstein told Trump Mueller was about to indict 12 Russians for meddling in our election on Putin's orders, and the evidence included they communicated with both Wikileaks and members of Trump's campaign, as well as one unnamed GOP Congressman in his own election battle. Rosenstein then had a press conference Friday to tell the public all that.

Three days later, Trump takes Putin's word yet again that none of this is a thing that happened. With 5 people pleading guilty, chains of e-mails showing it was happening, and all sorts of intercepted chatter that it's happening from the intelligence community.

If this is all a chess game, Mueller had Trump in "check". Trump could have extended the game by at least pretending like he would scold Putin for some meddling. Instead, he made a move that makes it certain he'll be in checkmate in terms of public perception. Fox News' best defense is f***ing "jet lag" as to why he was so passive and submissive. When his propaganda wing can't spin him out of trouble... he's f***ed.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Of course, if she had been indeed such a problematic candidate with too much baggage who didn't excite people at all... All that effort would not have been made.
    I beg to differ. Even if Hillary didn’t have so much as an ounce worth of baggage, she was still married to Bill Clinton, perhaps THE one man Republicans hate more than anyone else on the planet. So, chances are she still would’ve been attacked since they didn’t want to see Bill back in the White House.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

I imagine Cohen is putting all kinds of pieces together for Mueller right now from behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I beg to differ. Even if Hillary didn’t have so much as an ounce worth of baggage, she was still married to Bill Clinton, perhaps THE one man Republicans hate more than anyone else on the planet. So, chances are she still would’ve been attacked since they didn’t want to see Bill back in the White House.
    Let alone that Bill went out and started an argument with a group of folks from Black Lives Matter while he was trying to justify policy from his presidency.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Uh cool. I hope you're right. I'm not holding my breath. You go ahead and live with this weird and unwarranted hope. I'll be here and ready when Trump crushes who the fuck ever in 2 years.
    You are discounting the possibility that someone tries to firebomb their own political career to go after him during the primary.

I still haven't ruled that possibility out.

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    See my earlier post about how the criminalization of alleged illegality has been going on since Dubya. Wonder why it only became a big issue recently.

Do I think that Trump may have made things much worse in order to impress people as to how "tough" he is on the issue? I can easily believe that. But getting rid of Trump would not solve the problem. Suppose that a violent new regime overthrew that of Trump and Pence and kicked out all the "baddies." That regime would still have to find some way to deal with this unprecedented tide of migrations, and no regime really wants hordes of new citizens appearing on its doorstep, no matter how often Whoopi Goldberg invokes the ideals of the Statue of Liberty and everyone's common status as "immigrants."
    I can see your way of even beginning to look at this is to completely ignore reality.

BANNED

Trump is an embarrassment on the World stage, Buti his supporters are worse. Those Red MAGA hats? Majority are purchased from a Seller who sells knock off Chinese made versions. They sell more than the official version from Trump himself.
    I thought they wanted to MAGA? But they can't even support American manufacturing?

Some MAGA hats made in China may increase in price because of tariffs

Was this little gem posted on here yet?

SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I can see your way of even beginning to look at this is to completely ignore reality.
    An illustrative hypothesis is not a contravention of reality.

But since you have the solution and I admit that I don't see one, by all means tell me what you think the government ought to do when faced with massive migrations? If you don't like the policy of kids being put in cages without their parents, do you favor the previous policy, where they were confined together? Or should they all be released into the general populace, with or without ankle monitors? (Ankle monitors, as I recall, were advocated by Bernie, but the seekers are obliged to pay for them.) What is this easy solution you have access to?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

So yeah.

It's yuge.

The plant in question asking Trump about his foreign policy plans -- and Russian sanctions -- back in 2015.

Laying the groundwork for destroying international relations with everyone but Russia.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 07-16-2018 at 05:28 PM.