Page 6975 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 59756475687569256965697169726973697469756976697769786979 ... LastLast
Results 104,611 to 104,625 of 104733

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I can't remember that period in American History because I wasn't born yet. But I know someone who can remember because he was there. I'm talking about Mr. Sulu himself, George Takei, whose family was crushed by the government and marched off to an internment camp.

I guess Jacob Wohl never learned about that shameful chapter in our history.
    Well really, they were more like summer camps.
    Anyone who thinks otherwise hates America.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

And here we go again with the lies.

Trump told supporters that Queen Elizabeth II kept him waiting during his visit to Britain. Video shows the 92-year-old queen waiting on him for 12 minutes, occasionally glancing at her watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I can't remember that period in American History because I wasn't born yet. But I know someone who can remember because he was there. I'm talking about Mr. Sulu himself, George Takei, whose family was crushed by the government and marched off to an internment camp.

I guess Jacob Wohl never learned about that shameful chapter in our history.
    This is the very thing that popped into my head. Sadly, I have a right wing uncle who thinks the internment is FDR's 'bravest' decision. For sake of not starting an argument that would likely devolve into a physical fight at my parents, I haven't corrected him by telling him his pronunciation of sniveling cowardice needs a lot of work.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Which we have known at the very least since this one:

But I am sure numberfirty can translate that one into something reasonable, too.
    Now, now, give him the benefit of the doubt. There was no "period" where that happened. There were "periods", because it happened more than once! Clearly he's just expressing his disgust that this **** keeps happening.

Sarcasm, obviously. The man is an idiot.

I'm sure what he meant to write was "Remember that time in American history when white people were crushed by the government and marched off to camps?"

Neither do I, Jacob.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Trump, as always, is a grudge-bearing moron who doesn't know when to let things go.

LeBron called him a "bum" over a year ago when both the Warriors and Cavaliers announced that regardless of who won the NBA title,they weren't going to the White House and Trump "disinvited" the Warriors. So Trump decides to take his own petty shot at LeBron last night.

The timing is pathetic, because LeBron just opened a school for at-risk kids TWO DAYS AGO. An athlete uses his fortune for the public good, and a charitable cause, and that's something Donald would never understand. But after THAT, he wants to take a shot? F***ing idiot.
    P.S."I Like Mike!"

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    P.S."I Like Mike!"
    Michael Jordan is with LeBron on this one, officially.

CNN just put out an amazing response, saying, "Guess the FLOTUS had the remote last night, hmm?"
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    No but don't you see. She was supposed to go to him not the other way around. Such a great man visited her tiny country. How dare she not wait on him hand and foot! /s

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Sounds horrible and I'm sorry for your experience. But an experience like that only emphasizes my point. Sarah Jeong's tweets aren't going to lead to strangers terrorizing you on the road. They're harmless japes in the vein of a Bill Burr stand-up routine. If you can watch Burr's routine on spousal abuse and walk away knowing he's not advocating hitting women, then you can do the same for Jeong and know that she's not advocating white genocide.
    In general I would prefer not to see anyone dismissed from a position for simply saying ****, so I'm not arguing in favor of Jeong's dismissal, though I find it a stretch to imagine her tweets as any sort of humor.

But I also don't think Roseanne's dismissal was proper, given the particular circumstances. One may argue that the New York Times is not responsible for what Disney does, and that's true. But the question arises, would NYT be as casual about one of their editors expressing a sentiment that in any way impinged on the sensitivities of any POC people?

At the worst, Jeong's intemperance fuels the belief, seriously expressed in some quarters, that it's impossible to be racist against whites because the power differential. That's a sentiment I find as bad as white supremacism, though I wouldn't deny any citizen their right to express it.

I'm glad Roseanne got the chance to be a martyr. She's much better at that than comedy these days.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Well, you get the last laugh because:
    When you go to the store the staff probably don't follow you around thinking your going to steal.
    You're more likely to get a bank loan.
    You're more likely to rent whatever apartment you want.
    You're more likely to get a job your qualified for.
    You're more likely to get a spot at an ivy league college.
    You're less likely to get stopped and frisked by the police.
    You're less likely to get shot by the police.
    You're less likely to have the police called on you randomly for any number of stupid reasons.

So congrats, you win.
    None of which negates my point that racial tension on every side inheres in the potential for real harm, not just "hurt feelings."

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    None of which negates my point that racial tension on every side inheres in the potential for real harm, not just "hurt feelings."
    #whitelivesmatter
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    #whitelivesmatter
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Michael Jordan is with LeBron on this one, officially.

CNN just put out an amazing response, saying, "Guess the FLOTUS had the remote last night, hmm?"
    I just find "I like Mike" to be a microcosm of Trump's ignorance that it's hilarious.

I like to think it was meant to mention Mike Pence.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    This is the very thing that popped into my head. Sadly, I have a right wing uncle who thinks the internment is FDR's 'bravest' decision. For sake of not starting an argument that would likely devolve into a physical fight at my parents, I haven't corrected him by telling him his pronunciation of sniveling cowardice needs a lot of work.
    I understand why you don't want to fight with your uncle in front of your parents, but just to satisfy my curiosity on the subject, do you think you could take him?