I'm late, so skip this if you don't care, but I want to address both of these.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    You rock.
    And Mets was being rude and ignorant with his post and if the shoe was on the other foot, I'd give him a 3 day ban.
    Ignorant, maybe. Uninformed our out of touch, sure. I wouldn't ban Mets for speaking his mind, even if I think it was a dumb thing to say or a dumb way to say it. He won't talk and hopefully listen and maybe learn if you just ban him. He also didn't do anything to deserve a ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    In both of my posts on the topic, I did consider the possibility that older generations have the same percentage of trans people, but they're not able to be openly trans.
    I apologize, I completely missed that if you said it. I guess I got hung up on the part I thought was most worth addressing.

I disagree with the idea that it's wrong to look deeply into the results of a study.
    It just seemed to me that you were looking at the wrong reason for the answers the study found.

How was it rude? And what specifically did I say that is so beyond the pale as to merit a ban?
    I know this wasn't directed at me, but for what it's worth, again, I don't think it was rude, or deserving of a ban.

I do think it was ignorant or uninformed of how sexuality and/or gender identity works. That's not worth a ban, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    What's for a lark mean?
    For fun. Okay, it's supposed to be "on a lark". My bad.

Really? I see one about most people on food stamps are white. I see another that says white people are responsible for race relations and they are responsible to fix it. I see several calling out white privilege. I mean, these don't paint white people in a very positive light yet minorities aren't out there giving hell to white people the way white people are doing it to minorities. Right?
    See, none of that comes up when I throw "Huffpost white people" into Google.

Okay, I get some of that when I try Huffpost "white people". A lot of the results are just about some Netflix show called 'Dear White People'.

There also seems to be a massive problem with you equating saying something about a group of white people with blaming all white people, and apparently you don't know what privilege means. Not that that word even came up on google.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The Root, Huffpost, Salon, Buzzfeed...so many news sites that decry white people.

EDIT: news sites
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-07-2018 at 06:21 PM.
    Thank you AMericA for votinG for chAnge.

Rebel that Rebels BeastieRunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post

Okay, I get some of that when I try Huffpost "white people". A lot of the results are just about some Netflix show called 'Dear White People'.

There also seems to be a massive problem with you equating saying something about a group of white people with blaming all white people, and apparently you don't know what privilege means. Not that that word even came up on google.
    I googled it, too. Your results sound like mine.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post

Oh okay, I mean I have heard over and over again that the main reason Trump won was because of racism. A rather large portion of the population has to be extremely racist for this to be true, doesn't it?

..As an orphan, I know what privilege means.. Not that it's any of your business...

Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra

I guess a better question is the message of division and hate reaching more people than it did 10 years ago, or why is it reaching more people than the message of unity and love?
    It's very rare to find a person who is not afraid of someone or something or both. Fear can become hate way too easily if people refuse to accept the fact that they are afraid. Everyone is afraid, but not everyone gives in to hate as a way of dealing with their fear. Basically, it's easier to blame someone else than to look inward and deal with your own weaknesses.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    The Root, Huffpost, Salon, Buzzfeed...so many new sites that decry white people.

If they're new in the way that it's not happening.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Do you think this is a two way street? I have seen articles on websites like the Huffington Post that bash white people or blame them for the worlds problems.
    If it's a two way street, it's one of those two way streets where there's a lot more traffic in one direction than in the other.

Oh okay, I mean I have heard over and over again that the main reason Trump won was because of racism. A rather large portion of the population has to be extremely racist for this to be true, doesn't it?

..As an orphan, I know what privilege means.. Not that it's any of your business...
    Trump's die hard 25-30% approve no matter what, they either agree with his bigotry or don't think it matters enough to disapprove of. And I don't think there's a "main" reason Trump won and disagree with anyone who claims that for any reason, there were many thumbs on that scale.

The Root, Huffpost, Salon, Buzzfeed...so many news sites that decry white people.

How many radio stations?

How many television stations?

How many congressman?

How many senators?

How many Presidents?

No there's not a comparison.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

I'm missing all this decrying of white people.

Nope. A rather small portion of extreme racists is enough as long as a rather large portion doesn't vote.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

To be honest is only salon, there is an edit out there where they replace white people with black people and it looks bad.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Oh, boo hoo! As Slick Willie used to say, I feel your pain, only he meant that, I don’t.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Btw when is Elon Musk running for president? he seems to care a lot about reaching the stars