Page 1002 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 2502902952992998999100010011002100310041005100610121052110215022002 ... LastLast
Results 15,016 to 15,030 of 104733

It's sad to see a dog pile on someone who got screwed, regardless of who it was that screwed them.

The ACA has been a mixed bag depending on where you live. Here in Texas it isn't very useful because no state exchanges were set up, so a lot of people have been hurt financially either due to having to pay for something that is difficult to afford or due to reduced hours or job cuts.

Positive intend but bad execution. This is why you read things before they become laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    If you're really wanting to see fewer abortions take place, rather than simply wanting to restrict women's choices to those you agree with...
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor13 View Post
    Just telling that to people? Maybe not. But actually practicing that? It's done some amazing results so far with all the people I know. And in addition to that, when they do have sex, they *gasp* pay for their own contraceptives! Crazy, I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodofthegods View Post
    People having consensual sex IS their responsibility and what results from it. This isn't the intake of nutrients through food and water for the human body to continue living. Yes, it is a part of being human. But it is not a necessity to live. And it's not a valid excuse to complain about the results of being sexually active no more than an alcoholic feeling sorry for himself for making the decision to drink and drive when it brings about unwanted consequences. Should we do all we can to help people get contraceptives so they can be sexually active? Or should we be able to keep reasonable control of our body? Each person is different and no adamant rule either way will help and/or deter everyone. But I think it's pretty short sighted to think that other people are responsible for another person's sexual activity. There has to be a balance somewhere.
    Option B, then. Gotcha.

As for me, I'm quite happy for contraception to be subsidised/free, so that everyone who needs it can have it. Because if somebody can't afford a packet of birth control pills, they can't afford to raise a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    It's sad to see a dog pile on someone who got screwed, regardless of who it was that screwed them.

The ACA has been a mixed bag depending on where you live. Here in Texas it isn't very useful because no state exchanges were set up, so a lot of people have been hurt financially either due to having to pay for something that is difficult to afford or due to reduced hours or job cuts.

Positive intend but bad execution. This is why you read things before they become laws.
    I choose to blame the people who have made themselves into living obstructions to the law, both Public and Private sector, rather than the law itself for the problems I've faced.

To make it understood by some of those obstructions: Do you blame guns themselves for gun deaths, or the people who cause them? IMO if you are responsible for blocking medicare expansions and/or doing your best to prevent people from taking advantage of it, then you are responsible for the lives lost due to that.

To note: I lost my medical billing job thanks to the ACA, but I don't blame it for problems that are caused by others.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Option B, then. Gotcha.

As for me, I'm quite happy for contraception to be subsidised/free, so that everyone who needs it can have it. Because if somebody can't afford a packet of birth control pills, they can't afford to raise a kid.
    Couldn't agree with you more. But since sex sometimes cause children to be born, I would think that through before I had unprotected sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Unbelievable. Seriously unbelievable.

Then how do you explain that for 30 plus years they offered and gave affordable (REALLY, TRULY, BANKABLE) health care plan options (plural), affordable prescriptions, mental advise, vacations, sick pay, free food parties and (before the tax laws anyway) gifts/raffles, understanding when family emergencies cropped up, pension, 401k....all, I would mention, without a Union to prod them to do so. This all pretty much slowed to a stop when Obamacare became a surety. Then last year the hour cuts to part time started in earnest. Oh by the way, there were no cuts in hours or benefits even during the spattering of 'economic hard times in the previous decades.
    Are you saying there were no cuts, lay-offs, firings, etc during the 'economic hard times' in this company at all? That nothing came about until Obamacare kicked in? That seems very hard to pull off without cutting so sharply into profits that they'd go out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodofthegods View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more. But since sex sometimes cause children to be born, I would think that through before I had unprotected sex.
    Omg I was about to quote and highlight the same thing to make the same point. It's simple logic, if something pleasurable but not necessary can't be afforded, you don't get it. I was told that's, you know, being an adult
    Romans 8:17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs- heirs of God and co heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory

BANNED

where is this dogpile?

you state the problem in texas and yet blame it on poor execution. the blame lies with your elected officials

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    where is this dogpile?

you state the problem in texas and yet blame it on poor execution. the blame lies with your elected officials
    I agree. It's a little unfair to blame the ACA for Republicans refusing to enact it. I mean, countless people have been hurt by their refusal to expand Medicaid. I'd wager that if Texas had accepted Medicaid expansion, it'd be a very different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Abstinence /does not work/. Providing easy access to accessible contraceptive at low prices, even free, is the /best option/. It works in every community in the world it's done in.

Your experience does not speak for the rest of the world.
    Abstinence does a fantastic job of preventing any sexual related problems. It's kind of its thing. However, even if you are having sex, as I mentioned, make sure you can afford it- don't make other people pay for your luxury.

Because that's what sex is in this case- a luxury. It's a beautiful part of humanity, a literal gift of God, but it is not essential to day to day life. Everyone who has ever existed has the capacity to not have sex. My experience is not universal, and I'm not claiming it is, in fact I'm hoping it's not (survivor of sexual molestation for one, and started doing things that I regretted at a later age but stopped short of having sex then because it can be done) but it is definitively obvious that every human being on the planet can go without having sex, and when they do, they can be responsible for their own actions. Don't make others pay for your contraceptives, and definitely don't let them pay for your legal slaughter
    Romans 8:17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs- heirs of God and co heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory

Abstinence does a fantastic job of preventing any sexual related problems. It's kind of its thing. However, even if you are having sex, as I mentioned, make sure you can afford it - don't make other people pay for your luxury.
    Amazing how this only ever seems to be applied to women having sex. Men, it appears, can make as many people pay for their orgasms as they like.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Amazing how this only ever seems to be applied to women having sex. Men, it appears, can make as many people pay for their orgasms as they like.
    Not just their orgasms, but even their erections.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I'm not dogpiling. I got shafted by the pathetic way the ACA has been handled too. Getting caught between a government fine and $400/month for insurance that covers nothing. But I don't despise everyone that signed it into law. It still managed to help a lot of people, and would have done more if it hadn't been blocked at every turn.

Though I still can't for the life of me figure out why we can't just get a decent healthcare system in this country and be done with it.

Abstinence does a fantastic job of preventing any sexual related problems. It's kind of its thing. However, even if you are having sex, as I mentioned, make sure you can afford it- don't make other people pay for your luxury.

Because that's what sex is in this case- a luxury. It's a beautiful part of humanity, a literal gift of God, but it is not essential to day to day life. Everyone who has ever existed has the capacity to not have sex. My experience is not universal, and I'm not claiming it is, in fact I'm hoping it's not (survivor of sexual molestation for one, and started doing things that I regretted at a later age but stopped short of having sex then because it can be done) but it is definitively obvious that every human being on the planet can go without having sex, and when they do, they can be responsible for their own actions. Don't make others pay for your contraceptives, and definitely don't let them pay for your legal slaughter
    You would let a problem persist just because the solution that works isn't the solution that you want to work?

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Not just their orgasms, but even their erections.
    Nevermind that for some women birth control is the only way to avoid painful periods. Who cares if she has endometriosis or menorrhagia, we know she only wants the pill cuz she's a slut that doesn't want to face the "consequences" of having sex.

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    where is this dogpile?

Whoa whoa whoa. Let's pump the breaks on the assumptions.

Is it the politicians in Texas playing politics with the ACA in refusing to set up the exchanges fault. Absolutely. I did not and would not deny that. My point is that a proper bill wouldn't have ALLOWED for the execution to be so widely varied as it is. Texas politicians aren't the only ones to blame, some of that blame has to shifted to the writers who crafted the bill, too, for not seeing this coming.