I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

For all the people in Texas or wherever else who feel that they don't have to comply with giving out marriage licenses because of their religious beliefs, here's an editorial just for them,

http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/ed...les-rights.ece

No one should deny government employees’ right to exercise religious freedom in their personal affairs, but there must be no ambiguity regarding their official responsibilities. They are constitutionally bound to uphold rights and provide government services without discrimination.

State employees do not have discretion to selectively embrace the constitutional protections they agree with while rejecting those they object to, even on religious grounds. Constitutionally, governments — including their employees — must present themselves as religiously neutral.
    Last edited by emac1790; 06-30-2015 at 12:35 PM.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Bryan Fischer on the state of 'MERICA!

"The Supreme Court jeopardized the eternal souls of millions of Americans on Friday by justifying the sin of homosexuality," he continued. "It communicated, I believe, an exceedingly dangerous message on Friday that homosexual marriage and homosexuality are not perversions to be renounced but a constitutional right or constitutional rights that are to be celebrated and promoted. So the court has moved millions of impressionable Americans one giant step further away from repentance and eternal life."

More from the nuthouse...

American Family Association official Sandy Rios warned on her radio program yesterday that the Obama administration’s decision to light up the White House in rainbow colors in celebration of the Supreme Court’s marriage equality decision was “an unbelievable affront to God” that will have “consequences.” According to Rios, God will lift His hand of protection from America in response to the court’s ruling and the celebratory rainbow images, thereby increasing the threat of terror attacks on the United States.

Citing warnings about possible terrorist attacks in America over the July 4th weekend, Rios declared that, to make matters worse, “it is Ramadan.” Unlike Christians, whom Rios claimed understand the true meaning of the word ‘holy,’ Muslims use the holy month of Ramadan to “fast so that [they] can murder people,” she said.

And if that's not enough...

Public Service Commissioner Chip Beeker told the crowd that "five unelected and unaccountable justices imposed their will on the people of Alabama and the United States."

"This was not an interpretation of the Constitution. It was an assault on God, on Christian heritage and on our culture," Beeker said.

"The runaway judiciary is a bigger threat to the United States than Isis. Liberal judges have done harm to our country and our constitution than Al Qaeda."

These assholes don't have an original thought between them. Notice how all of a sudden, it's "five unelected justices". What the hell did you think they were when, for instance, they let GW in the White House?
    Last edited by emac1790; 06-30-2015 at 01:18 PM. Reason: A-hole(s) plural :)
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Man, God really fucking hates rainbows.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Man, God really fucking hates rainbows.
    I like how God just protects America and says the hell with the rest of the world.
    When the fire blows

Bobby Jindal's campaign thought it would be a good idea to start an #AskBobby hashtag on Twitter.

It wasn't.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Bobby Jindal's campaign thought it would be a good idea to start an #AskBobby hashtag on Twitter.

It wasn't.
    That's gold, Jerry. Gold!
    When the fire blows

Quote Originally Posted by Ship View Post
    That's basically what the courts here in Canada ruled when some marriage officials tried citing their religious beliefs to get out of performing same-sex marriages. Basically they can either get over it or get a new job.
    As I wrote elsewhere: I haven't read anything about all these brave souls taking a stand and refusing to file divorce paperwork for any reason other than sexual immorality, as specified by Jesus in the Bible. You know, the same guy who said exactly jack **** about gay people.

They're picking and choosing from their religious beliefs in order to discriminate against people they don't like. That is hypocrisy, that is bigotry, and it is not on.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    As I wrote elsewhere: I haven't read anything about all these brave souls taking a stand and refusing to file divorce paperwork for any reason other than sexual immorality, as specified by Jesus in the Bible. You know, the same guy who said exactly jack **** about gay people.

They're picking and choosing from their religious beliefs in order to discriminate against people they don't like. That is hypocrisy, that is bigotry, and it is not on.
    If these people were following the Bible to the letter, they wouldn't doing anything but just worshiping God. They couldn't eat certain things, they couldn't wear certain things, and so on.

Basically, people are full of ****. As I said before, keep your beliefs to yourself.
    When the fire blows

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    If you have the pill, sell the damn pill! Your beliefs are your own. Nobody else but you gives a damn about them. And people don't care for others trying the force their beliefs on others.
    Welcome to the Cult of the Sacred Zygote.

Here's an example, some years back, a new cashier started working at the local supermarket. I brought something to her to ring up (don't remember what) and this woman was like "that's not good for you." My comeback was "should I get your manager to ring it up instead?" She rung that **** up. Quickly. She didn't even last a month at the store. She pulled that on someone else and they got the manager.

The point is, you work somewhere and customers are buying products from your workplace. Instead of a sermon, mind your f***ing business and ring that **** up.
    I am reminded about claims that Somali immigrants in Minneapolis (not sure how many, but seriously doubt it was a fraction as widespread as the nativists were claiming) refusing to handle haram items when working as grocery clerks. If this happened, my most generous response would be to hand them disposable gloves.

Mighty Member

Bryan Fischer on the state of 'MERICA!

"The Supreme Court jeopardized the eternal souls of millions of Americans on Friday by justifying the sin of homosexuality," he continued. "It communicated, I believe, an exceedingly dangerous message on Friday that homosexual marriage and homosexuality are not perversions to be renounced but a constitutional right or constitutional rights that are to be celebrated and promoted. So the court has moved millions of impressionable Americans one giant step further away from repentance and eternal life."
    It is things like this that make many suspect a disproportionate number of the strident Anti-Gay ideologues are repressed self-hating Homosexuals projecting how only the most draconian measures stand between "decent" folk and hot sweaty tempting same-sex-sinfulness.
    More from the nuthouse...

American Family Association official Sandy Rios warned on her radio program yesterday that the Obama administration’s decision to light up the White House in rainbow colors in celebration of the Supreme Court’s marriage equality decision was “an unbelievable affront to God” that will have “consequences.” According to Rios, God will lift His hand of protection from America in response to the court’s ruling and the celebratory rainbow images, thereby increasing the threat of terror attacks on the United States.

Citing warnings about possible terrorist attacks in America over the July 4th weekend, Rios declared that, to make matters worse, “it is Ramadan.” Unlike Christians, whom Rios claimed understand the true meaning of the word ‘holy,’ Muslims use the holy month of Ramadan to “fast so that [they] can murder people,” she said.
    Yup. The Twofer.

At least Sandy gets that there is a difference between Teh Gayz and Teh Mooslums; and does not hint at a purposeful alliance.

And if that's not enough...

Public Service Commissioner Chip Beeker told the crowd that "five unelected and unaccountable justices imposed their will on the people of Alabama and the United States."

"This was not an interpretation of the Constitution. It was an assault on God, on Christian heritage and on our culture," Beeker said.

"The runaway judiciary is a bigger threat to the United States than Isis. Liberal judges have done harm to our country and our constitution than Al Qaeda."
    Once more, I wonder if these people get how much they are _like_ "I"SIS....

Mighty Member

Default It begins! Idaho pastors forced to perform Gay Weddings!

As per the Washington Times
    Coeur d‘Alene, Idaho, city officials have laid down the law to Christian pastors within their community, telling them bluntly via an ordinance that if they refuse to marry homosexuals, they will face jail time and fines.

The dictate comes on the heels of a legal battle with Donald and Evelyn Knapp, ordained ministers who own the Hitching Post wedding chapel in the city, but who oppose gay marriage, The Daily Caller reported.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz3eamJhBqP
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
    Only not.

According to the lawsuit, the wedding chapel is registered with the state as a "religious corporation" limited to performing "one-man-one-woman marriages as defined by the Holy Bible."

But the chapel is also registered as a for-profit business — not as a church or place of worship — and city officials said that means the owners must comply with a local nondiscrimination ordinance.
    Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/relig...dq3W8gdzi2Z.99
    Nope, not preachers of any sort.

They even belatedly edited their website to remove references to the secular weddings offered. Kinda sad if it were not so silly.

Quote Originally Posted by heretic View Post
    As per the Washington Times

Only not.

Nope, not preachers of any sort.

They even belatedly edited their website to remove references to the secular weddings offered. Kinda sad if it were not so silly.
    Sounds like they're trying to get away with making a profit and not having to pay any taxes on that profit.

It wasn't.
    Oh, idiots. When will they learn that opening themselves up to the public does nothing but expose them?

Here's an example, some years back, a new cashier started working at the local supermarket. I brought something to her to ring up (don't remember what) and this woman was like "that's not good for you." My comeback was "should I get your manager to ring it up instead?" She rung that **** up. Quickly. She didn't even last a month at the store. She pulled that on someone else and they got the manager.

The point is, you work somewhere and customers are buying products from your workplace. Instead of a sermon, mind your f***ing business and ring that **** up.
    This actually happened to me at a bank, of all places. I went in to pull money out for a new bass amp (it was huge and f'k'n awesome), and the teller, who was familiar with my family, asked me what the money was for.

Keep in mind I was 18 or 19 at the time, so I wasn't nearly as blunt as I am now. I just told her it was for school, but all I could think to myself was "mind your f'n business and give me MY money." I stopped using that bank immediately there after.

Quote Originally Posted by heretic View Post
    Welcome to the Cult of the Sacred Zygote.
    That doesn't even make sense though. Both the normal pill and the morning-after pill do exactly jack to a zygote. All they do is slow/halt ovulation. If there's no egg being released the sperm can't fertilize anything and eventually die out. If an egg has already been fertilized they don't really do anything. They only way that makes sense if if you think every sperm is sacred, and idea that's just laughable.

But then there have been protests and public shaming about some celebrity freezing her eggs for future use. As laughable as it is, I don't really feel like laughing.