Page 13 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723631135131013 ... LastLast

He's behind you!

Where ?

Oh no he isn't.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

YES, HE IS!

'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

that's the way to do it!
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

The leaders of the Boko Haram terrorist cell have released a video of the 200 captive schoolgirls, claiming they are willing to exchange them for members of their group held captive by the Nigerian government.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Our beautiful George Zimmerman thread is now cast into dusty history, so I guess I'll put this here. One of George's Biggest cheerleaders has had a change of heart and now says he racially profiled Trayvon Martin.

http://gawker.com/george-zimmermans-...-gu-1575068202

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

I don't think Allen is suggesting the Obama administration is BEHIND the kidnappings (which would make it a true "Wag the Dog" scenario), but is using politics to show the Obama administation's inconsistentcy on caring about children since the Obama administration was mostly silent AND inactive during the gassing of children in Syria or the kidnapping/murder of 80 boys by Boko Harum. It's a fair question to ask "Why now?" and it's equally fair to speculate. Just as it will be fair for those on the Left to criticize Allen West (and thus the Right as a whole) as people who want to focus on a "non-scandal" (Benghazi) over saving the lives of 300 black children. It's political circus, and there will be suckers on both side.
    Team Photo & Silver Surfer Flash Mob

SHSO Name: Gallant Centurion Spy

CBR/SHSO Player Directory

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Lots of Americans made it clear they wanted the White House to Do Something about the kidnapped girls, lots of Americans made it clear they didn't want anything done in Syria. That's going to be a reason for why one gets something and the other didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    You might want to research that, Israel has more limits on women in combat now than the US does. And they have none in the jobs that I am talking about
    So they didn't reduce their physical standards, and further down you're saying neither has the US Marine Corps and Navy? Excellent, that's what I actually asked about. It turns out the answer is no, there isn't evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The leaders of the Boko Haram terrorist cell have released a video of the 200 captive schoolgirls, claiming they are willing to exchange them for members of their group held captive by the Nigerian government.
    And they'll release them only after all the prisoners are released. Who doesn't trust that offer? (God, the leader of Boko Haram even looks like a dodgy prick. If you saw someone like that in the pub you'd head back out, right?)

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    Lots of Americans made it clear they wanted the White House to Do Something about the kidnapped girls, lots of Americans made it clear they didn't want anything done in Syria. That's going to be a reason for why one gets something and the other didn't.
    You're right. Though, that's not leadership, that's consensus. There go the people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Also, it may be what a complicit media helps dictate. Useful idiots and all...

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by CenturianSpy View Post
    You're right. Though, that's not leadership, that's consensus. There go the people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Also, it may be what a complicit media helps dictate. Useful idiots and all...
    May be Obama is not sutid enough to get us into another war that the population doesn't support? Since when is leading people to a result that they don't want , a sign og good leadership?

the fact that any effort by the US against Bokka Haram is going to be very limited in dead Americans makes it less unappealing to the American public, People are funny like that they don't ki like to see thee friends , sons and daughters killed for reasons they don't approve of.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    May be Obama is not sutid enough to get us into another war that the population doesn't support? Since when is leading people to a result that they don't want , a sign og good leadership?

the fact that any effort by the US against Bokka Haram is going to be very limited in dead Americans makes it less unappealing to the American public, People are funny like that they don't ki like to see thee friends , sons and daughters killed for reasons they don't approve of.
    Will there ever be a day for 'kickstarter' mercenary groups?

Quote Originally Posted by CenturianSpy View Post
    You're right. Though, that's not leadership, that's consensus.
    That's a democratic head of state wanting his party to stay on side with the voters and the American people not giving a shit about Syria because it's hard, while Nigeria's much easier - you can fantasise about Seal Team Six saving schoolgirls, you can't fantasise about airstrikes on a monstrous regime that magically don't kill or wound innocents. (An actual rescue would get some of the girls killed and wounded if Boko Haram returned fire but it's easier to pretend that won't happen)

Labour promise they'll try and get everyone in England a GP appointment within 48 hours - paid for by savings elsewhere "by getting rid of much of the spending on bureaucracy and competition". I'm not sure how possible it is to get rid of that much bureaucracy in a government body that handles medical care for 55m people.