Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Did he? I wonder why people can't get arrested for pulling that kind of thing. Maybe part of the problem is that she is a celebrity and supposedly that goes with the territory? In the snail mail days you could simply had staff trash the hate mail. I really wasn't planning to see the Ghostbusters reboot anyway but that campaign against her specifically was sick...and I mean the bad meaning of sick.
    He was one of the main people behind it, he got banned from twitter, and then his fans hacked Leslie Jones' website and put a bunch of naked pictures on it. Too much anger and too much free time, these people need hobbies or something.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I think it said that Trump owns the Ocean, because he bought it from God. Probably refused to pay for it too.
    I was reading that and was thinking the same thing! Typical of Trump when someone asks him about God he puts in in terms of acquiring things instead of giving back.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    He was one of the main people behind it, he got banned from twitter, and then his fans hacked Leslie Jones' website and put a bunch of naked pictures on it. Too much anger and too much free time, these people need hobbies or something.
    I was reading up on some of that because at first I didn't know why her name was "trending" so to speak. Every movie that has been remade always has detractors and many times the remake deserves the scorn. But this was a whole different animal. A mean, vile and disgusting one.

Did he? I wonder why people can't get arrested for pulling that kind of thing. Maybe part of the problem is that she is a celebrity and supposedly that goes with the territory? In the snail mail days you could simply had staff trash the hate mail. I really wasn't planning to see the Ghostbusters reboot anyway but that campaign against her specifically was sick...and I mean the bad meaning of sick.
    Partly because judges are often stupid when it comes to the internet. In response to her online harassment, a judge told Zoe Quinn to just stop going online (the fact that she works there apparently didn't dawn on him).
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Attachment 39653

100% of Bernie Supporters are not voting Trump.
    Any who say they were NEVER Bernie supporters to begin with.
    Because if it's in meme form, it must be true. Even if it's the"No True Scotsman" fallacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Anyone know who or what is MSM? I keep seeing #MSM on twitter as if it's a news agency or person, but I have no idea what they are talking about.
    Main Street Media. The big corporate right wing media channels owned by super-rich 1%.

5 Insane Right-Wing Moments This Week: Michele Bachmann's Apocalypse Now

Another name for my list

Michele Bachmann, who has been elevated from the dustheap of history by none other than the Trump campaign which she advises, had a mixed week. On the one hand, she was “on her feet” cheering Trump’s horrific immigration speech in Phoenix, Arizona. He “hit a total grand slam,” she told Family Research Council’s rabid homophobe Tony Perkins. Trump’s policies of mass deportation, building a border wall and reducing even legal immigration will keep America from “turning against God,” she actually said out loud. She recommended that America abandon immigration policies that “prefer those who do not hold a Christian worldview.”

This raises the question of whether she is at all aware that Mexicans are overwhelmingly Catholic. It also raises the question of why a Republican nominee, or any sane person, would be consulting this ignoramus about foreign policy. But there you have it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Main Street Media. The big corporate right wing media channels owned by super-rich 1%.
    Thanks. I'm going to do a little research on them.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Your characterization is right. But it's Mainstream Media.

I was reading up on some of that because at first I didn't know why her name was "trending" so to speak. Every movie that has been remade always has detractors and many times the remake deserves the scorn. But this was a whole different animal. A mean, vile and disgusting one.
    The fervor surrounding the ghostbusters remake was very strange. There were people that were mad just because it was a remake. There were those who were mad because it had an all female cast. "Women can't be ghostbusters, you're ruining my childhood!" Paul Fieg kind of egged them on too, calling geeks A-holes and the like. The movie, at best, was average.

I think the internet (social media in particular) is part of the problem. In the past if a movie sucked, you just said it sucked then moved on, but now, thanks to these echo chambers, people can't let go of all their hate, and it just builds and builds.

If they ever remake back to the future, I'm hiding in a cave.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 09-03-2016 at 07:41 PM.

Why Trump And The White Supremacist Alt-Right Are Threats To Democratic Values — And Our National Security

I recently returned from an international seminar where one of the scholars argued a point that is very important for every American to hear before November 8th.

He said that democracies come in many different forms with various structures and systems. But authoritarian regimes all have four characteristics in common:

Grievance-Driven Nationalism.
    The narrative that the majority of people have been victimized by enemies - foreign and domestic.
    The legitimation of conspiratorial thinking.
    The argument that only the one strong man can come to the people’s rescue.

These things are true whether they describe the authoritarian regimes of history like Mussolini and Stalin, or those of the current period, like Kim Jong-un in North Korea, or Putin in Russia - both of which Donald Trump apparently admires.
    Something more people should read.

Three Major Ways The FBI Report On Clinton Emails Strongly Establishes Her Trustworthiness

The FBI just released its report on Clinton. We will undoubtedly hear a right-wing chorus that the report stamps her as untrustworthy. But, an actual reading of the report strongly reflects, instead, her honor and trustworthiness. The best way to see this is to get right into the report itself.
    The Right will Spin it their way, but as usual their way is the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    The fervor surrounding the ghostbusters remake was very strange. There were people that were mad just because it was a remake. There were those who were mad because it had an all female cast. "Women can't be ghostbusters, you're ruining my childhood!" Paul Fieg kind of egged them on too, calling geeks A-holes and the like. The movie, at best, was average.

I think the internet (social media in particular) is part of the problem. In the past if a movie sucked, you just said it sucked then moved on, but now, thanks to these echo chambers, people can't let go of all their hate, and it just builds and builds.

If they ever remake back to the future, I'm hiding in a cave.
    The internet is nothing if not filled with assholes. Social media just gives the assholes that have always been here a place to have their voices heard. I learned how to ignore them ages ago, so it's all just background noise to me, but I have noticed in the last few years people have been feeding the trolls more than they used to. I wonder if social media is responsible for that too...

Any attempt to remake Back to the Future without someone as likeable as Micheal J Fox playing the lead will fail. If you manage to pull that feat off, you next need to cast someone who can play a lovable mad scientist convincingly, despite lines that sound like they are an attempt to outham....(drum roll please)........BRIAN BLESSED!

Chances of Success: <insert laughing Joker pic here>
    Dark does not mean deep.

Rock of Eternity

Is there another source for this? This site hates my adblocker add-on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Three Major Ways The FBI Report On Clinton Emails Strongly Establishes Her Trustworthiness

The Right will Spin it their way, but as usual their way is the wrong way.