Page 274 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 1742242642702712722732742752762772782843243747741274 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 104733
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    You're right, arguing about how irrelevant the looting is only lets the deflection crowd win.
    I agree. I'm done.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Ferguson police chief ordered the riot commander to release them
    Smart move on the chief's part.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    No, I said that turning to looting over this is adding fuel to the fire. That is not racist by any stretch of the imagination.
    you know what else adds fuel to the fire...a civilian police department with an anti mine anti personnel carrier rolling through city streets with a guy holding a sniper rifle on the roof

Attachment 7966

BANNED

you know what else adds fuel to the fire...a civilian police department with an anti mine anti personnel carrier rolling through city streets with a guy holding a sniper rifle on the roof

Attachment 7966
    The military gear they are rolling out for this is terrifying, to be honest.

Two journalists were arrested in Ferguson for not vacating a McDonald's... at 6:30PM, local time.

For not having a curfew, they're sure acting like there is one. In fact, more than one. Entering private businesses to arrest the press seems a bit of an overreaction.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Ryan Reilly is on Chris Hayes (MSNBC) via phone right now talking about his arrest

BANNED

Attachment 7966
    I agree, the looting thing isn't the only thing adding fuel. Hell, look at some of the points in this article:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-reason...supervillains/

Yes, Cracked is mostly a comedy site, but..the stuff in that article is still disturbing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    The military gear they are rolling out for this is terrifying, to be honest.
    Oh yeah.

They're probably just as if not more so armed than the military forces in Afghanistan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Two journalists were arrested in Ferguson for not vacating a McDonald's... at 6:30PM, local time.

For not having a curfew, they're sure acting like there is one. In fact, more than one. Entering private businesses to arrest the press seems a bit of an overreaction.
    It is. I'm very interested in how this plays out because you just know with them being journalist they will release something about this soon, and it's likely not to be to flattering.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Oh yeah.

They're probably just as if not more so armed than the military forces in Afghanistan.
    This is happening in a city in the US.
    Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    It is. I'm very interested in how this plays out because you just know with them being journalist they will release something about this soon, and it's likely not to be to flattering.
    Ryan Reilly is on Chris Hayes (MSNBC) via phone right now talking about his arrest
    And... yeah. It's not. Apparently the cop was upset that he took a photo, and then refused to show identification when asked (which he's not required to, unless he's suspected of a crime). Then he didn't pack up and leave fast enough for the cop's taste.

These morons are practically daring people to riot, by pushing them around like this. And I hope they don't bite.

BANNED

The really batshit insane stuff is..go to Cracked and just type in the word "cop" for it to show all the articles about cops, of which there have been many in the last few months. The insane part is..most of this shit either did not make it into the news..or did make it into the news..but with little coverage. What does it say when a website who used to specialize in dick jokes..is telling people more truth then some news outlets?

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    The really batshit insane stuff is..go to Cracked and just type in the word "cop" for it to show all the articles about cops, of which there have been many in the last few months. The insane part is..most of this shit either did not make it into the news..or did make it into the news..but with little coverage. What does it say when a website who used to specialize in dick jokes..is telling people more truth then some news outlets?
    We've been doing it since around 2000.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    And... yeah. It's not. Apparently the cop was upset that he took a photo, and then refused to show identification when asked (which he's not required to, unless he's suspected of a crime). Then he didn't pack up and leave fast enough for the cop's taste.

These morons are practically daring people to riot, by pushing them around like this. And I hope they don't bite.
    It's important that cooler heads prevail here. The purpose of police brutality is to provoke people to an extreme reaction, so that they could then justify a massive crackdown in retaliation. After all, after spending all that money on fancy military-grade equipment they're probably just dying for an opportunity to try it out. People just have to be smart enough not to fall for this kind of tactic, though I'm sure there will always be a few idiots that want to play hero and end up screwing everybody else over.

BANNED

State Senator Maria Chapelle Nadal asked the Ferguson CoP if she was going to get gassed again, like she was last night

his answer: I hope not