Page 284 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 1842342742802812822832842852862872882943343847841284 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 104733
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Shit, Obama just gave a speech that sounded like he wanted order rather than justice.
    He's gone the predictable liberalist rhetoric implying both sides are just as bad. Not surprised, but still disappointed. When one side is doing the oppressing, voting neutral is just voting for them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    He's gone the predictable liberalist rhetoric implying both sides are just as bad. Not surprised, but still disappointed. When one side is doing the oppressing, voting neutral is just voting for them.
    Or he got sick of commenting on stories before all the facts came out and taking a beating in the press about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    willful naiveté doesn't help anyone, in fact it does the exact opposite. It's another form of disregarding the voices and experiences of the oppressed.
    Indeed, but to answer the question.

When you're an oppressed minority, the status quo isn't just, but it is orderly.

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    Or he got sick of commenting on stories before all the facts came out and taking a beating in the press about it.
    There are plenty of facts about this situation out there. The Ferguson police department has been lying.

All of the reporters and protesters on the ground are saying the same things.

Every witness who saw Mike Brown murdered is saying the same thing. The only conflicting story is from the cop who murdered Mike Brown. Even part of the officers account has him committing a criminal act in firing on an unarmed person who posed no threat to anyone and was 35 feet away.

This isn't like the Trayvon Martin situation where it was dark and nobody could really see what happened. LOTS of people are seeing and speaking out about what's going on.

Astonishing Member

Facts not agreeing with liberalist narrative or just being ignorant to what is already being reported doesn't mean they aren't out.

People need to chill with putting so much stock in a badge.

This is literally the word of one Cop (whose story doesn't even make sense) against that of multiple eyewitnesses.

BANNED

Im fine with letting the system do what it needs to do, what I am not ok with is the Ferguson PD covering for their fellow murderer...if the system will take care of it, release his name and the autopsy report

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    There are plenty of facts about this situation out there. The Ferguson police department has been lying.

All of the reporters and protesters on the ground are saying the same things.

Every witness who saw Mike Brown murdered is saying the same thing. The only conflicting story is from the cop who murdered Mike Brown. Even part of the officers account has him committing a criminal act in firing on an unarmed person who posed no threat to anyone and was 35 feet away.

This isn't like the Trayvon Martin situation where it was dark and nobody could really see what happened. LOTS of people are seeing and speaking out about what's going on.
    Everything is here say. According to the chief's account of the incident, there was a struggle in the car where Brown may or may not have attacked the officer and tried to grab his gun. So if any of the eye witnesses saw inside the car, which is most definitely what this will come down to, then maybe you can assume to know what happened. As it stands only one person was close enough to the car to make an account of what happened in side, and he was allegedly involved in the incident and friends with the victim.

The only thing we know for sure was that after that alleged incident, which nobody should take for granted until the FBI and DOJ investigation is compete, is that Brown was indeed shot more than once while fleeing and according to some reports stopped and attempted to surrender before being shot.

Maybe what his friends saying is true, maybe the officers report is true. I'll wait until the investigation or until real facts are brought forth and examined in a court. Then I'll make my own opinion.
    Last edited by lancerman; 08-14-2014 at 11:51 AM.

BANNED

obviously some will disagree, but i never expected Obama to say what i would want. i have the freedom to say it without folks and the msm making it about me (this happen with Trayvon, where too much focus and the usual hatefest turned because he made a simple statement). hell, i respect Sharpton, and while i understand his more tempered statement, especially on the behalf of the family, it's not what i would have said. but again, different responsibilities and different outcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Im fine with letting the system do what it needs to do, what I am not ok with is the Ferguson PD covering for their fellow murderer...if the system will take care of it, release his name and the autopsy report
    Hell arrest the officer.

By his own account he fired on an unarmed man that posed no immediate threat to him.

BANNED

a wish would be for local police departments to not be allowed to purchase military grade equipment, unless they can demonstrate a dire need for it

a municipality of 20,000 does not represent the need for a Bearcat assault vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    obviously some will disagree, but i never expected Obama to say what i would want. i have the freedom to say it without folks and the msm making it about me (this happen with Trayvon, where too much focus and the usual hatefest turned because he made a simple statement). hell, i respect Sharpton, and while i understand his more tempered statement, especially on the behalf of the family, it's not what i would have said. but again, different responsibilities and different outcomes.
    This is exactly how I see it.

If anything i get annoyed by people demanding Obama speak out about some things when they know there's only so much can say. It's just asking to be disappointed and pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Ferguson might just be Obama's Katrina if he keeps screwing up these speeches.
    Hurricane Katrina had 1,833 casualties and caused $108 billion worth of damage.

It's sad what happened to Michael Brown, but no one else has been killed in Ferguson. Some cops have acted badly, and this gets into necessary conversations on racism and militarization of the police, but it's not in the same ballpark.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Everything is here say. According to the chief's account of the incident, there was a struggle in the car where Brown may or may not have attacked the officer and tried to grab his gun. So if any of the eye witnesses saw inside the car, which is most definitely what this will come down to, then maybe you can assume to know what happened. As it stands only one person was close enough to the car to make an account of what happened in side, and he was allegedly involved in the incident and friends with the victim.

The only thing we know for sure was that after that alleged incident, which nobody should take for granted until the FBI and DOJ investigation is compete, is that Brown was indeed shot more than once while fleeing and according to some reports stopped and attempted to surrender before being shot.

Maybe what his friends saying is true, maybe the officers report is true. I'll wait until the investigation or until real facts are brought forth and examined in a court. Then I'll make my own opinion.
    How is it that the accounts of people who were there and saw what happened is "hearsay" yet what the Chief of police who wasn't there says is an account of the incident?

Also anything that happened in the car frankly doesn't matter, because one thing that everyone agrees on is that the Cop shot Mike Brown while he was fleeing and had his hands in the air, There's NO justification for that.

This isn't a "We gotta get all the facts" type of thing. The fact that we know are enough to justify an arrest. The Cop was wrong.

And another thing, it's a HUGE reach to think that two guys who were just walking down the street minding their own business would suddenly decide to try and steal a gun from a cop who approached them.

That same wack excuse was used to justify the murder of Trayvon Martin and Ezell Ford.

To even entertain that speaks to how one views young black men.