BANNED

i need something to cheer me up but as a single 27 year old male with a trump presidency looming over head i feel like my days are numbered....

BANNED

I have no words. I am so hurt and broken by this. If you voted for Trump, you should take the time to tell any of your friends who may be female, a Muslim, immigrant, or person of color, or part of the LGBT community that they do not matter to you.

A racist, xenophobic buffoon with an upcoming rape trial and scandals up the wazoo is now our president.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    i need something to cheer me up but as a single 27 year old male with a trump presidency looming over head i feel like my days are numbered....
    Oh yeah. As a single, white, 27 year old heterosexual male, you're definitely at the top of Trump's hit list.

And yes, that was sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Black View Post
    I have no words. I am so hurt and broken by this. If you voted for Trump, you should take the time to tell any of your friends who may be female, a Muslim, immigrant, or person of color, or part of the LGBT community that they do not matter to you.

A racist, xenophobic buffoon with an upcoming rape trial and scandals up the wazoo is now our president.

That's what I've been doing. I've been reaching out to my friends of color. I took one to a movie tonight to take her mind off the looming horror.

Trump won. So does this mean that the concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive?

Looks like I left the USA at the right time 4 months ago.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    That's what I've been doing. I've been reaching out to my friends of color. I took one to a movie tonight to take her mind off the looming horror.
    Same here, also wrote these two posts on facebook:

"Hey listen, if you are white and not economically disenfranchised in any way there is literally no reason for you to "move to Canada" or whatever bull. Stop acting like you will be a victim in a Trump presidency. What's important is that American citizens stay here and oppose everything he is and everything he does if he goes into office. You have nothing to flee from, stay here and do what you can to support those who could have their lives ruined by his becoming president."

&

"America: Please protect your fellow citizens. PLEASE. Protect Muslim, PoC, Jewish, LGBTQIA, and disabled communities. Please protect them. Please protect women. Don't ignore what's going to happen."

Very important that we do not let this defeat us, we have to keep fighting, keep moving forward, even though now it feels as if it's harder than ever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Oh yeah. As a single, white, 27 year old heterosexual male, you're definitely at the top of Trump's hit list.

And yes, that was sarcasm.

i think everyone's days could be numbered more so if your a minority but i was meaning as someone whose not even 30 and has not fallen in love once....it's depressing to move on in a world that apparently doesn't believe in kindness respect and love for each other

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Well, shit. Michael Moore called it. Dispossessed middle-class anger was the most potent force in this election. Gingrich and his stupid "feelings, not facts" nonsense proved to be the deciding factor.

Not angry, thought I'd be angry. Whatever. America wants what it wants. And apparently what it wants is a slow-motion car crash.
    The hard question is: If Trump and Gingrich were right, were they right about anything else? About blacks all living in the ghetto, women enjoying sexual assault except when it's from Mexican rapists, Muslims all being terrorists?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    For now, that's about as much as people can do. Fight the good fight on a private, micro level.

I really wish US President was like a lot of other jobs where you're on probation for the first few months and if the electorate didn't find you up to standard, they could still boot you. Don't know for sure if that'd be good or more trouble than it would be worth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBatman82 View Post
    ok i know your upset but Clinton fight hard and she tried to win but she didn't she gave up and called him on the phone to concede
    Your English is slipping again. Too drunk on celebratory Krimskoye wine?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    i think everyone's days could be numbered more so if your a minority but i was meaning as someone whose not even 30 and has not fallen in love once....it's depressing to move on in a world that apparently doesn't believe in kindness respect and love for each other
    My friend, I dislike the results of this election as much as you do, but turning away from the goodness that does prevail in the world in spite of Trump's winning the election is the one of the worst things to do right now.

It's time to dig in, not give up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    If anything I don't see republican undoing many social progress reforms that Democrats implemented... If they wanna stay on power they gotta govern for everyone
    Why on Earth would you (or they) think they need to do that considering the campaign that led them to this victory?

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

"We can get used to this," said the defeated progressive. "It's disappointing, but we can adjust. Life will find a way."

"Oh, will it?" Snarled Donald. "Will it really?"
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rogersmcfeely View Post
    My friend, I dislike the results of this election as much as you do, but turning away from the goodness that does prevail in the world in spite of Trump's winning the election is the one of the worst things to do right now.

It's time to dig in, not give up.
    I'm trying but all i see around me is doom and gloom....twitter is full of writers and artists ready to jump out a window

being a loner is extremely difficult in these kind of situations because you have nobody to comfort you except yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Black View Post
    Same here, also wrote these two posts on facebook:

"Hey listen, if you are white and not economically disenfranchised in any way there is literally no reason for you to "move to Canada" or whatever bull. Stop acting like you will be a victim in a Trump presidency. What's important is that American citizens stay here and oppose everything he is and everything he does if he goes into office. You have nothing to flee from, stay here and do what you can to support those who could have their lives ruined by his becoming president."

&

"America: Please protect your fellow citizens. PLEASE. Protect Muslim, PoC, Jewish, LGBTQIA, and disabled communities. Please protect them. Please protect women. Don't ignore what's going to happen."

Very important that we do not let this defeat us, we have to keep fighting, keep moving forward, even though now it feels as if it's harder than ever
    Well, yes, I personally won't be that hurt too much by a Trump Presidency, except for the Republican's general disdain of anyone below the poverty line and having to listen to people being intolerably smug about how they finally stuck it to Obama. But I'm still going to voice my disgust alongside everyone else.