Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Everywhere? Like, no matter what district, the entire polling system skewed results to appear more Democratic, in every House, Senate, and state presidential race?

That's a hell of a mathematical error to have repeated across the entire map up and down the ballot.
    You are starting to sound like "this is rigged" Trump though.....
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dorsai View Post
    It is significant that for the first time in a long long time we have a president that is not beholden to any special interest. No big oil, no military industrial complex, no green energy lobby, no big banks, no big healthcare/pharma, etc. No one from the "establishment" supported him -- he owes no one.

To the chagrin of many dyed in the wool conservatives, he is far more "maverick" and untethered than anyone with whom they have dealt in their political lifetime. What carrot will they withhold that didn't already? What stick will they use that they didn't already? Withhold support? Withhold campaign funds? Actively campaign against? Done, done and done.

Too the chagrin of the many reliable liberals, he is far less inclined to acquiesce to the numerous special interests that typically represent small segments of the population but wield massive power through PACs and the use of capital. What carrot are they going to withhold? What stick will they bring to bear? Assassinate his character? Portray him as dangerous? Denigrate his morals? Done, done and done.

Trump owes no one other than the voters and that is a good thing.
    like LGBT voters who want equal representation legally?

I assume someone like you considers them "special interest"

Well, my dreams of becoming a decent American citizen who works as a software engineer in a country where everyone is mostly tolerared is delayed, if not dead.

You, my American friends pulled a "Turkey" . Good luck.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

So Pence confirms that Trump will roll back Obama's LGBT protections:

Donald Trump would roll back Barack Obama’s orders on LGBT rights, his running mate Mike Pence has confirmed.

The news comes from Trump's Vice Presidential candidate Mike Pence’s interview with Dr James Dobson’s Family Talk radio show, which aired earlier this week.

President Obama last year signed an executive order outlawing discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity among federal contractors. Earlier this year his administration followed up with guidance to schools, urging them not to discriminate against transgender students.

In the interview, Dobson asked Pence whether Obama’s guidance would be reversed.

The VP candidate confirmed that the Republicans would roll back Obama’s orders so that “the transgender bathroom issue can be resolved with common sense at the local level”.

He said: “This is such an example of an administration that seems to have… there’s no area of our lives too small for them to want to regulate, no aspect of our constitution too large for them to ignore.

“Donald Trump and I both believe these questions can be resolved with common sense at the local level.

“These issues are resolved in the state of Indiana whenever they come up, and they should be resolved, for the safety and wellbeing of our children first and foremost, their privacy and rights, and with common sense. Donald Trump and I simply believe all of these issues are best resolved at the state level, by communities.”

He added: “Washington has no business intruding on the operation of our local schools. It’s just one more example of the heavy hand of this administration, and Donald Trump and I will stand by that common-sense people that when it comes to our kids, and the operation of our schools, those decisions should be made at the local level.

“Washington DC has no business imposing its bill and its values on communities around the nation.”

Speaking about anti-discrimination laws, Pence said: “No-one should fear persecution because of their deeply-held religious beliefs.”

Yep.

It will all come fast and furious.

Obama's going to be remembered as "first black president" and nothing more.

Trump is going to be too bored to care about LGBT and other "dumb" issues to him and let Pence and Co run amok.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Oh by the way, "Kill Obama" is trending on Twitter currently. Just want to point that out...

Spectacular Member

The joke's on everyone who voted for Trump. If it’s not feasible to run on a crowded Democratic ticket, your best bet is to pretend to espouse outlandish neocon views, hoping to appeal to that demographic. His voting history has me convinced that he will ultimately be the most progressive president we’ve had in 20 years. His presidency is going to be the anti-It Can’t Happen Here

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sneakyflute View Post
    The joke's on everyone who voted for Trump. If it’s not feasible to run on a crowded Democratic ticket, your best bet is to pretend to espouse outlandish neocon views, hoping to appeal to that demographic. His voting history has me convinced that he will ultimately be the most progressive president we’ve had in 20 years. His presidency is going to be the anti-It Can’t Happen Here
    he's going to eliminate any federal funding on climate change inside of 3 years, oh and rolling back marriage equality

sooooo progressive

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    You are starting to sound like "this is rigged" Trump though.....
    I dunno, man. Denial's part of the stages of grief and all.

But I think I gotta ask, "Are you sure?" When every media poll, and every Democratic insider poll, and even the Republican pollsters all were off the mark. It wasn't until Ron Johnson got declared the winner in Wisconsin early last night that I really went, "The f***?"
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    It wasn't until Ron Johnson got declared the winner in Wisconsin early last night that I really went, "The f***?"
    By the way, I want to say sorry for that. I voted man. I voted against him and it didn't matter.

I maintain my position that 2016 is the year the death and hate won.

"Common sense at the local level?"

I presume he means only if they implement his point of view, just like what happened in North Carolina? Override laws, here we come.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    "Common sense at the local level?"

I presume he means only if they implement his point of view, just like what happened in North Carolina? Override laws, here we come.
    Remember, it's only common sense and appropriate if conservatives get their way.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Swear to God, I wish this forum had a mobile version.

I hate my state so much. The Indiana Democratic Party is so useless, I officially renounced my support. The only thing that I cited for that passed was improving the city's bus system.

And its not Trump I'm worried about. Instead, its Mike Pence & the cadre of fanatics who were orgasming last night. Not all Trump supporters are like that, but seeing the ones mocking everybody who thought differently (a 22 year old douchebag called me a "little boy" because I mentioned why I don't like Todd Young). Shoot, Doogie here was seriously thinking about moving to Windsor, Ontario last night.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

‘How do I explain this to my children?’: Van Jones gives voice to the ‘nightmare’ some are feeling

Jones, who is African American, questioned how parents could explain to their children how Americans elected a man widely labeled as a bigot and a racist.

“It’s hard to be a parent tonight for a lot of us,” Jones said. “You tell your kids, ‘Don’t be a bully.’ You tell your kids, ‘Don’t be a bigot.’ You tell your kids, ‘Do your homework and be prepared.’ And then you have this outcome, and you have people putting children to bed tonight, and they’re afraid of breakfast. They’re afraid of ‘How do I explain this to my children?’”
    Indeed. How does one explain the unexplainable? And there's more....

In an op-ed for the New York Times, Roxane Gay wrote, “I was confident [Trump would lose] because I thought there were more Americans who believe in progress and equality than there were Americans who were racist, xenophobic, misogynistic and homophobic.”

She continued:

A bigger part of tonight’s story is that millions and millions of Americans are willing to vote for a candidate who has been endorsed by the Klan. They are willing to vote for a candidate who has displayed open contempt for women. They are willing to vote for a candidate whose base is openly hostile to people of color, immigrants and Muslims. We cannot ignore the hate that Mr. Trump both encourages and allows to flourish. I am terrified that the more virulent of Mr. Trump’s base will see his election as permission to act on hatred.
    As a person of color, I deeply worry about what happens next. We've all seen how vindictive Trump can be, given how blacks repudiated him in droves, with the House and Senate at his back, what's to stop him from squeezing inner cities where minorities like me live dry as payback for not supporting him during the election? Obamacare is already on borrowed time, what other social programs that minorities depend on to survive could be threatened or eliminated altogether in a Trump presidency? Perhaps this is hyperbole on my part, but I wouldn't put anything past a man like Trump who lives for grudges and will soon have the power to act on his need to punish anyone he views as an enemy. These are dark times, my friends, and Inauguration Day is still two months away.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Remember, it's only common sense and appropriate if conservatives get their way.
    I'm gonna call out the Dems for one thing though. Whether you think it's fair or not, the fact is that Clinton had many negatives, and no one in her party was willing to challenge her in the primary.

It doesn't matter that much of the bad perception was because of sexism, or bullcrap witch hunts, the fact remains that it was there. People like Booker and Warren should have looked into a primary run, as opposed to the only person willing to try coming from outside the party.
    Dark does not mean deep.